Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I eagerly want to get back into warframe but don't have motive

WhiteHunter568

Question

I'm a long time warframe player but wouldn't call myself a veteran I've been a member for 6 years with over 500 hours of play time. id normally just play for fun but lost motivation when nightwave was released and eagerly want to start playing again but don't have a motive any ideas that i can try

• Like 1

21 answers to this question

First of all welcome to the forums tenno ^.^ 

Well it depends on what you like. Have you collected every weapons and collectible in the game like prodman poster , kuria , the fish thingny ?

I'm currently working on creating an lich army ^.^ 

Btw 500 Hours in warframe is good but way too small to be considered a "veteran" by a lot of tenno. But anyway i'm not really using this word its just that i saw numbers and titles throwns arounds a lot on the forums and they are way higher than that ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

I took more than 1 year break come back a little more than 2 moths ago and I'm already burning out because of the grind killing the fun, Depending when you left and how much stuff has been added since and most importantly how of those you actually care about should be enough for you to draw a conclusion if you want to come back now or later.

• Like 1

i get what the OP is saying, im on a similar boat but it seems like im just forcing myself to play at this point, coming back from 2 years away

got railjack and lich system which i was told nothing about in game except there a thing now, yet are now placed directly in my progression path so i have zero choice but to google and look on wiki since DE still thinks adding new content and mechanics without explaining any of it is a good idea

got new quest which i love DE questslines and stories but again the later part of them are locked behind new railjack, so like 3 more days of waiting till im even able

also got nightwave which is cool and i do really like but i keep seeing DE saying things like its built to not require you to do anything specific, yet they are totally lying in that regard, gotta kill the exploiter orb and ive barely ever been to fortuna so im now required to grind fractures which from google are only things that happen so often in order to even be able to access that challenge, so no you cannot get that challenge by just "Natural" play, and yes it can be skipped but you already know theres going to be others just like it

same with railjack with no damage challenge, theres 1,000s of threads already complaining about railjack and ppl not knowing what their doing or ruining missions cause faliure to understand since again DE explains nothing, so in order to do that challenge without ruining 3 other ppls fun i gotta do it solo, only problem is each piece of a railjack takes 6hr to craft with as far as ive seen no way to speed it up and the things like 8 parts, by time i finish building a railjack the weekly will be reset, so again not something i get from normal play, and yes i can still complete it since we can now do that but again point is its not just "normal" gameplay

as for why i still play i still love the idea of the game, the combat, the movement system, using different frame to play different play styles, etc etc 1001 reasons why i love the game , but feeling like im being forced to do things while also being told im not being forced to do things has lessened the fun overall by a crazy amount

• Like 3

Honestly, what you're saying doesn't make sense.  You say that you want to get back into Warframe, but you don't have a motive to play.  I hope I'm not simply being pedantic when I say that these two statements contradict each other.  Wanting to play is probably the most fundamental of all motives to play a video game.

I would recommend taking some time to ponder why it is that you want to get back into Warframe.  I would hazard that if you don't find your answer there, you'll at least come away with a better understanding of your situation and where the solutions might lie.

If you don't really want to play, just don't. Find something else you want to do -- play another game, read some books, enjoy another hobby. Warframe is a huge time sink, it's not worth playing if you're not really going to enjoy it. Do something else, and after a while the urge to play will go away.

14 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

how can you be eager to play and yet not have the motivation? doesn't one cancel out the other?

imagine this imagine the most delicious thing in the world but no matter what you can't have it that's kinda how i feel

8 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

Honestly, what you're saying doesn't make sense.  You say that you want to get back into Warframe, but you don't have a motive to play.  I hope I'm not simply being pedantic when I say that these two statements contradict each other.  Wanting to play is probably the most fundamental of all motives to play a video game.

I would recommend taking some time to ponder why it is that you want to get back into Warframe.  I would hazard that if you don't find your answer there, you'll at least come away with a better understanding of your situation and where the solutions might lie.

tnx grate tip i will

I'm with the same problem.I farmed all the stuff in less than a year.Got all the frames, all the weapons that I care about(about 200+), sentinels, beasts, moas, archwing stuff, focus schools, arcanes, min-maxed most of the frames and weapons(that was the longest part...formaframe ffs ), got all bosses, arbies etc, did a couple of long runs, bought a couple of tennogen, farmed plat for most deluxe skins and a couple of weapon skins... and now I truly don't have anything worth while to log in for except to look at my beautiful stuff for a couple of minutes and do a couple of simple nightwave stuff so I could get to the ship at the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

I'm with the same problem.I farmed all the stuff in less than a year.Got all the frames, all the weapons that I care about(about 200+), sentinels, beasts, moas, archwing stuff, focus schools, arcanes, min-maxed most of the frames and weapons(that was the longest part...formaframe ffs ), got all bosses, arbies etc, did a couple of long runs, bought a couple of tennogen, farmed plat for most deluxe skins and a couple of weapon skins... and now I truly don't have anything worth while to log in for except to look at my beautiful stuff for a couple of minutes and do a couple of simple nightwave stuff so I could get to the ship at the end.

Glad to see im not the only one i only have the weapons i care to play with but have a a lot to collect if i remember (and a lot of farming to do)

20 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

how can you be eager to play and yet not have the motivation? doesn't one cancel out the other?

Sometimes you're on the way home from work or finishing up something and you really want to play and you get the motivation and think 'yeah yeah yeah this'll be fun!' and then you boot up the game and get excited during the loading screen and mess around with your mods and look at all your cool S#&$ and then when you load up the navigation screen to go to select a mission you think '#*!%, none of these missions are remotely fun/interesting' and then you just shut down the game, or do some other mucking about with foundry. Yeah you're technically playing the game, but it isn't fun

19 hours ago, Tokens210 said:

same with railjack with no damage challenge, theres 1,000s of threads already complaining about railjack and ppl not knowing what their doing or ruining missions cause faliure to understand since again DE explains nothing, so in order to do that challenge without ruining 3 other ppls fun i gotta do it solo, only problem is each piece of a railjack takes 6hr to craft with as far as ive seen no way to speed it up and the things like 8 parts, by time i finish building a railjack the weekly will be reset, so again not something i get from normal play, and yes i can still complete it since we can now do that but again point is its not just "normal" gameplay

If you need tips with Railjack, feel free to message me. I actually picked up a few folks who were asking about the Nightwave achievement and knocked it out super quick just doing a lowbie Earth Proxima mission and nuking the boarding party with CC.

I think Railjack is more daunting to folks than it really needs to be. Especially with the last patch, it's much easier to progress in terms of Intrinsics and especially the Valiance Fusing for the ship components. If you have a couple of buddies, you can knock out Railjack missions pretty smoothly. If not, you can still solo as long as you pay attention. It LOOKS a lot more overwhelming than it should be. Your Railjack is a tough old warship that's taken its fair share of knocks from the old Orokin War, it can stand a bit of a beating :P

At around 600 hours, I left Warframe for a year at around Jovian Accord and came back during Scarlet Spear. I remember being extremely burned out a year ago, but now with so many new toys to play with, especially Railjack, Warframe feels fresh and new again.

Maybe you need to take more time off before coming back. It worked for me.

2 hours ago, HoustonDragon said:

If you need tips with Railjack, feel free to message me. I actually picked up a few folks who were asking about the Nightwave achievement and knocked it out super quick just doing a lowbie Earth Proxima mission and nuking the boarding party with CC.

I think Railjack is more daunting to folks than it really needs to be. Especially with the last patch, it's much easier to progress in terms of Intrinsics and especially the Valiance Fusing for the ship components. If you have a couple of buddies, you can knock out Railjack missions pretty smoothly. If not, you can still solo as long as you pay attention. It LOOKS a lot more overwhelming than it should be. Your Railjack is a tough old warship that's taken its fair share of knocks from the old Orokin War, it can stand a bit of a beating 😛

thx for the offer

i was merely saying i play mostly solo, i have a clan thats just me, i dont allow others to join, i was planning on just ignoring railjack and the lich system for the time being and work on other stuff, as soon as the railjack challenge popped i was like well guess i might as well get this started

only to find out its like 8 pieces, each piece requires 100,000 credits and take 6hrs to build with no speed up option as i can tell, so for a single person its a fairly daunting task to just run in to

im almost done my railjack now, i believe, pretty sure im on engines and itll be done in 6 hrs

just bugs me that i keep seeing things like NW has challenges everyone will get with "normal" play, yet needing the railjack which takes like 4 days of building and gathering unless you had everything, and the exploiter orb one which many ppl cant do cause they dont have the fracture stuff cause there hasnt been one since before this nightwave started, these dont seem like things you get with "normal" play more like things you get if youve played enough to have spares

ive been playing tho, got titania prime leveled her, got revenant leveled him, got umbra, been currently running my foundry like a madman baking up weapons to level

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

only to find out its like 8 pieces, each piece requires 100,000 credits and take 6hrs to build with no speed up option as i can tell, so for a single person its a fairly daunting task to just run in to

im almost done my railjack now, i believe, pretty sure im on engines and itll be done in 6 hrs

I do wish they had allowed people to be able to boost this with Dirac or Platinum. Fortunately, once you have it built, you can speed rush repairing wreckage and things.

If you're soloing later, keep in mind that there's a lot of stuff that goes on, but just worry about the priorities. Take out fighters, blast the crewships with either your Forward Artillery or Archwing over to board them and smack their reactor core, shoot down the Ramsleds if they spawn or murder the boarding parties, and ONLY ONLY ONLY worry about repairs when necessary. Shields will get damaged often, so stack the Armor/Hull Avionics, along with your Turret Damage ones. The giant red BREACH OF DOOM will give you a 1 minute counter that HAS to be sealed to prevent critical failure, but will also fully repair your ship and give you temp invulnerability for a few seconds, which you can teleport back to piloting.

Be sure you have your Omni tool equipped in your Gear slots, and make sure you refill your Revolite at the Drydock along with your other consumables. As you're doing missions, you can also use the 4 Forges in the bottom back of your ship to replenish as needed (they have cooldown timers between uses). DO NOT use the Refine option when Forging, unless you are absolutely ready to leave the completed mission back to your Drydock, or you will lock yourself out of your collected resources

Also, be sure to upgrade your Intrinsics for the extra bonuses, the low level Tactical ones are especially useful (rank 3 lets you teleport around your ship, and rank 4 teleports you back), and Piloting/Engineering ones help as well. Gunnery is more when you are in groups, but also needed for Rank 5 for the Forward Artillery. Once you start building up some better engines and reactors especially, it becomes easier to progress. They added the ability to use Valiance Fuse to merge components, so it's a lot easier than just pure RNG. Have fun! 😄

• Like 1

On 2020-05-21 at 11:33 AM, WhiteHunter568 said:

I'm a long time warframe player but wouldn't call myself a veteran I've been a member for 6 years with over 500 hours of play time. id normally just play for fun but lost motivation when nightwave was released and eagerly want to start playing again but don't have a motive any ideas that i can try

If there is an element of the game that appeals to you then concentrate on that, chances are there will be something else that comes along that will reinforce climbing back aboard.  I have plenty of other things to do/occupy me but I always come back.  My reason is to recreate my perfect build on the prisma dual cleavers.  I have also learned never to tweak decent builds a 2am whilst falling asleep.  In the meantime I picked up ephemera farming from Liches, and currentlty still have one to go; still chasing that build along the way.

well Warframe is very casual in its concept, so it's okay to hop in from time to time to collect new stuff and try new missions but yes there is no point in sticking around for too long because there is no long term incentive to do so

On 2020-05-21 at 11:33 PM, WhiteHunter568 said:

eagerly want to start playing again but don't have a motive any ideas that i can try

If you haven't collected full sets of things, why not try collecting them now? I particularly enjoyed collecting the 56 Kurias scattered around the Solar System.