Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault: Hotfix 27.5.6 + 27.5.6.1

[DE]Megan

Whenever I have the Basmu equipped, after awhile if I go to my arsenal to redo mods they are cut off halfway you cannot see the bottom line and only half of the top.

It never happens with any other gun, only way I've found to fix it is restart the game.

Thanks for the updates as usual, working from home keep safe.

Edit: Glass is still spawning in at the end of missions, could we get it a bit more regular please, considering all the offerings on offer, would make it hard on newer players trying to collect what's on offer.

Edit: Just doing a Spy Lich on Corpus ship on Phobos, Shklovsky and cannot get to C vault, a door along the way is bugged, air support cannot unlock it /unstuck doesn't work I thought this bug was fixed. 😞 

Who in their right mind decided that putting all the gathered materials in the middle of your screen when you return to your railjack from outside? I mean I am coming back to my ship as it was boarded by enemies, and upon entry, I am greeted with the frikkin slideshow right across all the screen. So instead of looking for enemies on my railjack I have to run around like a blind man. This is not the first time where some stupid materials (of which we already have thousands and thousands) are being shoved right in our field of view. How hard is it to design minimalistic reward HUD on the side of the screen? Same with mining minerals in planes and orb valis. While I am mining I get attacked and instead of fending off the enemy I have to watch a slideshow of my found mineral in the middle of the screen

It's been another week.  We are well into June.  No new content.  It's a blessing it didn't release bad, but radio silence means this is something I'm fearing.

update- Official announcements are communication.  A thread with no way to find it is not helpful.  Neither are dev streams.  If you don't communicate information on your own website front page it's not communicated.  What am I on about?  Well, https://www.warframe.com/ is the website...and no links to any of the posts below.  Yeah, it isn't communication if it isn't easy to find.

Now, back to Railjack.  **** it!

I just ran for half an hour.  Group of 3-4 players, banged out 23 primary weapon levels and 80+ intrinsics.  Fantastic run, right?  Well, no.  I stay on the ship as we get back to Dry Dock, and another mission is setup.  Great!  100+ intrinsics in an hour, even considering it's boosted that's not bad.  Second set starts, and I lose all earned intrinsics.  I lose all earned weapon levels.  I lose all items.  ****.

Please, fix this messy pile of garbage.  You've got 6+ months into release, 18 months+ into development from first showing.  That's 2+ years of time, and what we have literally cannot be considered to function at basic levels.  You want me to be OK with it, then award me what I've lost due to the sheer incompetence of this game mode and fix it for everyone else.  Otherwise...it's time to really consider what the future holds.  We're looking at primary kitguns and a new frame on the horizon....and then what?  4 weeks into glassmaker and we aren't on phase 2 of 5 yet.  It's looking to be another intermission II.  I'm trying to find where all the effort is going...and it looks like I'd be happy to try Duviri Paradox in 2022, assuming it releases in 2021 and gets enough bug fixing by then to not be a waste of my time.

You know, I have to ask whether this would fly elsewhere.  The "free" portion of the game is advertised as a cheeseburger.  You get the bottom of a bun and half a meat patty, but have to pay for the toppings, cheese, and rest of the bun/patty.  That'd be fine, but once you get the toppings you find that the tomato was picked green.  The mustard is only on half the bun, and the person behind the counter is passionate but incapable of understanding why you're frustrated because this is the third time in a row that you've received this mess.  While you ask for a refund, the customers behind you berate you, because you got something for free, so you shouldn't complain.  The first time you get anything to happen is when half of the restaurant gets up and leaves, or someone famous walks in and makes an off-hand comment about the issues.  Yeah, I go to the chain restaurant down the street and get a burger that's gone down in quality, but looks good, and pay for it without reservations.  I think maybe a mediocre burger is better than the promise of a fantastic one, and the delivery of a burger that needs another 5 passes before it can be considered a minimum viable product.

37 minutes ago, Mayonaiser said:

You know DE..... Im sure alot of people don't mind if update is getting delayed, but at least say something about it ffs

I would really appreciate this too, communication is always appreciated.

1 hour ago, Mayonaiser said:

You know DE..... Im sure alot of people don't mind if update is getting delayed, but at least say something about it ffs

1 hour ago, Kaliragoth said:

I would really appreciate this too, communication is always appreciated.

Read the three threads and draw your own conclussion. Mine is they gonna drop the update next week.

18 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Read the three threads and draw your own conclussion. Mine is they gonna drop the update next week.

Mine is similar. I am just a bit more optimistic and hope they'll release it prior to their regular time which is thursday. I would not object against it releasing on Tuesday.

On 2020-05-27 at 9:07 PM, CrimsonBladeZeta said:

A lot of people are waiting for this answer, IS THIS A BUG OR INTENDED NERF.

On 2020-05-27 at 11:05 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Prime Vault: Hotfix 27.5.6.1 is now live!

Fixes:

• Fixes towards Launcher crashes that may be caused by a Steam overlay interacting with OBS Studio.
  • Fixes towards NPCs losing their path navigation, resulting in them looking stuck and confused.
  • Fixed a script error that could occur when joining an Excavation mission in progress.

DE Developers, please answer this question officially. It is over a WEEK. Are you guys really working?

To those who think getting an announcement is great....really?

Now that the reality check is out of the way, let's talk.  The Deadlock Protocol is an event.  Let's just file away the fact that we don't know how long it will be, we don't have a list of rewards yet, and the only thing we know for sure is that it'll somehow be another long term grind to get RNG drops from once per mission drops.  Let's also not forget that the mechanics are unknown, and not forget that the glassmaker is still going down and the investigative bit with cephalite drops was a mechanic with no explanation.  It was something with a timed drop chance, maximum 5 (10 boosted) drops per timed event, and anything but psychic understanding could lead to another couple of hours of grinding enemies to get another shot at the puzzle.

OK, Debbie Downer has left the building.  It's time to be positive.  It's great that you made an official announcement.  It took more than two weeks longer than expected, and "this week" means anything from Monday to Friday.  That said, it is an official announcement.  

Let's talk about the new stuff from Fortuna.  It's quite interesting that kitgun rivens can be equipped on shotguns, rifles, snipers, and side arms.  Does this mean kitgun rivens could be equipped on 2 of 3 slots and both unlock for side arms or primaries?  Are old rivens locked to side arms only?  Maybe we could get some clarity?  

Yay, a new Moa.  The least useful companions in the game.  I know this is an ask, but are you going to push out the Moa mod set soon?  You've stated that the new Moa is melee focused....but those stats.  If the upgrade is simply 2-3 new abilities then you've officially created a glass nerf rifle.  Moa AI still has them dying too often, and a Moa that decides to try and tank a hit from anything is a liability.  Maybe the components could be tweaked to offer more benefits, but without some mod set to offer some survivability this is going to be another companion that chills with the Chesa Kubrow in the "not technically useless, but a bad choice when there's so many better ones" category.

Let's talk the new weapons.  The corpus gun blade is...interesting.  We have two, and if you count primes three.  It'll be interesting to see what this brings to the table, but I'm not really sure if this is going to be another instance where the new hotness is interesting, or another instance of the Pennant.  What I mean is that the Pennant is good, but the drop chances are so low and the mission are inconsistent (if I choose an exterminate it's always that, but railjack on earth can simply decide not to spawn a galleon) to the point that by the time you get the thing it's simply level fodder because any positivity was sucked out by the fickle RNG drops.  

What is more interesting is the rifle.  Primary fire opportunity, with a secondary that may be explosive.  Considering that there's a chance that this won't cost a huge amount of resources, this could be an excellent starter for people to get used to explosive weapons, without the obvious issues of the Ogris, Lenz, or the inconsistency of the Opticor.  It'd be nice to have a first weapon, and it'd be even better if it was either crit or status heavy enough to be viable later in the game with some heavy modding.  Please, don't release this as a middle of the road assault rifle, with a secondary side-show attraction.  We really do need some interesting things that aren't riven dependent, shotguns, or mission specifics (read: Eidolon hunts favoring snipers).

So, I hold some positive hope that you release something good.  I'm still holding out for some stability and bug fixing in railjack.  Hopefully Deadlock Protocol is the start of 2020 with a good event that is fun and not a miserable grind.  Barring that, hopefully the grind is rewarded by something less useless than stance formas.  Sorry, but this is as positive as I can be.  I'm looking at too much goofiness and too many dropped balls to offer unvarnished hope and praise.  I know you're passionate and negativity doesn't help, but at the same time I'm a bit too far into seeing quarter finished releases to offer anything else.  If that's unfair, let me be clear; titanium drops have been buffed multiple times.  This means something as simple as basic costing and economy were ignored.  Setting aside the bugs, it's like not knowing how to price digital goods, so you pull a Bethesda and fail to offer people enough money to buy an electronic canvas bag skin, despite charging for a physical one.  Ooof.  I'm sorry, but it's sadly how I can square the proverbial circle here.

I haven't had any performance problems you sure it isn't your computer?  I get 13 to 16ms latency in the game and that is with using my sisters crap wifi.  On the performance side my laptop easily gets over 60fps 24/7.  The fps slowdowns with explosion weapons when they are shot right under me or very close to me has been gone for awhile now so it seems they have fixed that for now at least which is nice.  P.S. I never heard about performance problems in the game if possible elaborate please?

So, part 2 of 5 dropped for the glass maker.

My immediate comment is that inside the weave everything is washed out.  Why is this an issue?  Well, when you're trying to identify something by a shape it's fine.  When you're looking at three things with the same shape, and trying to figure out the colors, it's pretty much impossible That'd be great if you had enough time to line up the 10-15 degrees where the color doesn't wash everything out....but nope.  5 checks, 60 seconds, no time.

I'm not going to offer spoilers, but I am glad that the direction moving forward is to expand the amount of personnel present in the lore.  It was interesting to see everyone speculating on who amongst the current cast was involved, and seeing that the obvious solution was taken to expand the lore.

I applaud that the story is progressing, and being at level 24 currently means that I've got two more weeks before the purpose of nightwave is a weekly check for new mods and skins.  This may sound like a complaint, but it is not.  Given that the top 6 items are the umbra forma, 3x forma pack, a warframe slot, 2 cosmetics, and a ship which arguably may offer some use for the charges (yeah, still don't see those in usage) it'll be nice to get to the credit accumulation so I don't have to do conclave for the mods.

That's a back-handed complement.  I'd love to say it's unreasonable, but universal medallions are not usable on conclave despite the garbage drop rates and low values.  If that's going to be the progression forward, given the community as a whole has not accepted PvP in this game, then I'm happy to have a way around one more grind.  Now I just have the 3-4 hours per kuva lich, rng ephemera drops, and low percentage weapon upgrades which ask for multiple farms to get the best variant after the 5 forma investment.  Yeah....I already sold some of these garbage weapons because the best version of them is still not good.  Especially the Quartakk, which is reminding me why the idea of a pellets/slug chance was not embraced after the euphona prime.  If you have two fire modes, and they skew both ways, you either lose benefits and build for one or build hybrid and neither performs best.  After all the talk about giving us options the kuva weapons seem to largely be minor improvements with major investments.

Seriously though, please give us something good with deadlock.  Something where the mechanics are clearly defined in either an article or the update.  Something that makes sense rather than penalizes.  I'm hoping that the delay is worth it, and if it's going to be another 4+ months before we get anything besides a prime there's going to be repercussions to simply pushing out another update that needed weeks more before it saw prime time.

12 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

I applaud that the story is progressing, and being at level 24 currently means that I've got two more weeks before the purpose of nightwave is a weekly check for new mods and skins.  This may sound like a complaint, but it is not. 

However, it will be (and should be, a complaint that is) when you reach prestige level 60, and become "Nightwave-locked". Nightwave challenges then give no more cred, which (among other things) means no more nitain (for a couple of months or more). That is, if it follows the last Nightwave cycle.

Hopefully DE will come to the conclusion that such a "lock" is wrong, and implement a solution (shorter cycles, endless prestige @ 15 cred, or some better alternatives to get nitain). But until you see such a change confirmed, my advice is to stock up on nitain while you have some cred to spend. Farming the Zealoid Prelate for nitain (1%), or doing reactor/void sabotage missions (0.67% - 2%) or Ghoul bounties (when event is on, 4.1% - 5.9%) is, how shall I put it, somewhat frustrating.

2 hours ago, Graavarg said:

However, it will be (and should be, a complaint that is) when you reach prestige level 60, and become "Nightwave-locked". Nightwave challenges then give no more cred, which (among other things) means no more nitain (for a couple of months or more). That is, if it follows the last Nightwave cycle.

Hopefully DE will come to the conclusion that such a "lock" is wrong, and implement a solution (shorter cycles, endless prestige @ 15 cred, or some better alternatives to get nitain). But until you see such a change confirmed, my advice is to stock up on nitain while you have some cred to spend. Farming the Zealoid Prelate for nitain (1%), or doing reactor/void sabotage missions (0.67% - 2%) or Ghoul bounties (when event is on, 4.1% - 5.9%) is, how shall I put it, somewhat frustrating.

This is a point I made a long time ago, and why the Intermission II was extended.

What I believe the counter-argument to be is that DE doesn't want you to grind constantly and potentially harvest thousands of credits to get a silly large amount of reactors/catalysts/nitain/kuva.  The weird bit is that they started with a cap and random spawns (saturn six).  They then proceeded with more random spawns, on the zealots.  Now they've got a time, a maximum theoretical 150 standing at 25-25-50 (I might be off on the timing) spawns, and thus a theoretical 450 standing per 100 minutes.  They lock us into having the random spawns, with the cephalite resonance.  So the mechanics are contrary, and you cannot have excessive spawns or too few.  That's a balance that is hard to do.

Alternatively, let's craft the cephalon resonance with a blue print.  The bp is awarded after the first victim is found.  The spawns can then be moved to once per hour, making the amount of standing accumulated through murder much smaller.  Remove the caps, and allow people to get whatever they want.  The most you could earn would be 3600 per day, which would be closer to 2500 for someone who acts human.  That's slightly under 2 ranks per week, or 40 ranks if this even lasts 20 weeks.  There's not a hard cap on earnings, but the soft cap allows people to get what they want, without offering the "game breaking" progression that the capping is meant to prevent.  That's my two cents.

Archived