Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone else miss real random drops during missions? To "win the lottery" once in a while?

IamLoco

14 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

There's already games with randomized stats on equipment, with randomized values on top of the randomized stats. It just doesn't work on Warframe because we don't get hundreds of drops within an hour. Other games with obscene RNG generally don't have random stats/values associated with gear, all the RNG is tied to getting it to drop in the first place, and upgrading it.

Either way, there's already Rivens, which are randomized stats with randomized values on top of that, and they're even for a random weapon type that are then rolled for a random weapon within that category.

Most games of this type have RNG ontop of RNG, be it borderlands with millions of weapon combinations where not even 1000 of them are useful, or D3 multi stat RNG variables and the need to collect several pieces. You cant really upgrade in either of those, you can reroll a limited part in D3. Then the same goes for most other similar games.

Rivens are just one item and not really something we can chase and grind for. Weapons to chase would be great for us, mostly because it would be a cherry ontop and nothing DE would have to cater to the masses with by making them easy to obtain. They should have done this with boss specific items like the wolf sledge and made them powerful.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-26 at 9:33 PM, IamLoco said:

OK I know Warframe is not a "Diablo Game", it´s not Path of Exile, it´s not a random-loot-game.

But what I honestly miss is the CHANCE, the very tiny chance, of "finding" something special from time to time.

In PoE (Path of Exile, not Plains of Eidolon) there was always the CHANCE of getting a Mirror of Kalandra (once in a lifetime maybe) or at least an Exalted Orb once every few hours or days.

In Diablo2, there was always the tiny chance of getting one of the super rare runes, or a Stone of Jordan etc. Or a close to perfect weapon.

i think that if DE ever do that again, they would just need to add a bunch of mini boss that spawn in a more stable schedule and drop much more reward  to replicate the feeling

and actually, i believe a lot of lower player still feel that weird rush of the tiny chance where the mod they need but not currently actively farm for are gonna drop while they are grinding something else.

the problem is more of how dilute the list of places we player suppose to go for and how stuff people deemed end-game-worthy only drop this way in form of mods, and there isn't a lot of mod can even fit that description. 

I could see them adding a boss mode with completely new bosses on new "dungeon" tiles and their very own specific weapons with RNG stats. Heck it could be a solution for when they plan on adding another faction "lich", so each different faction has their own unique system and rewards.

• Like 1

What warframe needs is just really random rewards ...like ESO with enemies lvl 70-100.

Good amount of kuva, riven slivers, forma BP, relics packs, random sindicate aquintances, vitus essence, a tiny chance for potatoes, all eso parts (lato/braton/khora) random kitgun/zaw parts, granum coins and etc...

A mode where we can go and expect anything....will be cool and will not burn-out us.

Edited by Luciole77
  • Like 1

On 2020-06-26 at 4:53 PM, Kaotyke said:

The memories of the dark days of hunting Hyenna non-stop for a small chance for Control Module are resurfacing...

lol remember that and I hate my friend I went on a quick break and he ran 1 solo mission and the dropped bug and he got 100 control modules in 1 run =P

Give every enemy a tiny chance of dropping 1 untradable plat based on their level, so a level 200 will have 20x the chance of dropping 1 plat, but it would still be less than 0.01%. Lottery done.

Tbh I wouldn't mind a universal mod drop table for every enemy in-game, just a 0.0001% chance of dropping any normal enemy mod drop or even a chance of an enemy dropping a decent sum of endo. Nothing exclusive but still a nice bonus.

Sounds like a bunch of people want a participation trophy to me. Sometimes if you want something you need to grind for it, I disagree with the removal of the tenebris ephemera from the sentient crates. I didn’t even farm it because here’s the thing people, it’s a cosmetic only item and if you don’t want to invest the time in farming it then you don’t have to. I will say I personally thought the sentient crates were a somewhat poorly implemented idea but I was never in approval of their removal (poet). I would personally love to see a “rotation D,” for each hour spent in an endless mission a chance at a legendary badass skin or maybe a built Forma, and in the case of these hypothetical rotation D rewards each additional hour has a higher tier cosmetic. 

• Like 2

Naw. Farming SO Round 8 for the 50th time for that Khora bp is engaging af (after basically doing the same thing for Nidus). Gameplay giving rewards is such a 1990s gaming concept it's not even funny how far we've gone away from that with the current wave of games-as-service. I literally could just buy Khora - but then what would be the point of playing. It's a catch 22 and gaming addiction is the story of my life. I did however buy Gauss and his weapons because I didn't want that grind.