Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Infested have damage reducing auras?

Something I noticed while running hour +survivals for Steel Essence, the more infested (haven't tested grineer or corpus), surrounding me, the less damage my weapon does. I was running solo for reference.

I have a pretty gnarly Pennant combo build that gets astronomical crit chance (it has to be over 500, but I haven't crunched the numbers), that can one shot level 200 steel path infested ancient eximii, however if I get swarmed those 200000+ red damage popups, can go as low 100-200, with some even saying 0 and being grayed out like I just hit an invulnerable boss. Bug, intentional, void shenanigans? what gives?

For further illustration, if I were to distance myself from the swarm, and wack some enemy a distance away, i would do full damage, but the second the swarm is around me the numbers go back down into the hundreds rather than the hundred thousands, and this is with full 12x combo,

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_Healer

Ancient Healer has an aura. This aura not only grants 90% damage reduction, but also grants status and knockdown immunity to all under the aura. Damage done to protected allies will heal the Ancient Healer (up to 150% health). Unlike the other two Ancients, Healers cannot affect other Ancients under its aura.

1 minute ago, Tessador said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_Healer

Ancient Healer has an aura. This aura not only grants 90% damage reduction, but also grants status and knockdown immunity to all under the aura. Damage done to protected allies will heal the Ancient Healer (up to 150% health). Unlike the other two Ancients, Healers cannot affect other Ancients under its aura.

Hmmm Ill have to pay close attention, but I feel like it was happening even with no healers present.

5 minutes ago, trst said:

You could be seeing the effect of follow through if you're hitting a lot of enemies per swing but you should still be dealing the full damage on the first target hit at least.

That was my first assumption as well, but no its on all hits when swarmed.

Ancient healer aura is the best bet so far, but i gotta rest my hand before i do another one to test, pressing E nonstop for an hour is rough lol

significantly lower Damage than expected can be partly due to chosen Damage Types, but you still have base IPS and so should still deal several thousand or more either way.

not a whole lot to go on so i don't know what to tell you.

1 hour ago, triplebaconator2 said:

Hmmm Ill have to pay close attention, but I feel like it was happening even with no healers present.

They have a very high range that can go through walls. If you have a secondary weapon that does radiation damage for example the Nukor or a Kit gun with high status the moment that they have a radiation proc they become a enemy to their own faction, and it turns off the aura for the surrounding targets. Also slash damage is your friend.

Although I don't thinks that's the case (more likely a combination of ancient auras, tar moa armor and follow through) it is actually interesting as a concept. 

What if infested gained a boost to defenses with every additional infested nearby (and every dead infested causing healing in the living as well) .

Would add some much needed means to survive the onslaught of the tenno to the infested. 

Archived