Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health scaling of hijack objectives in steel path

bunuvirus

Hello there, is the health scaling on hijack objectives going to change in steel path anytime soon? Cuz it's same in normal missions and same in steel path which makes it a lot harder to solo it. No matter which cc frame or strat i try, there will be a grineer or corpus unit who will shred the objective before it reaches midway. I hope this issue is heard and resolved. Cheers.

37 minutes ago, Naftius_D._Longus said:

Because as far as i know steel path isn' t meant to be played solo.

Has DE stated this?  It could be argued that SP is meant just as much for solo players as it is for groups.  It's a difficulty increase (albeit a cheaply done one), and people who wanted to try and make the game harder would already have gone solo... yet people were still asking for an increase in difficulty.  

i guess the upside is that Hijack would finally be more of an AFK for 2 minutes simulator.

maybe then they could relax or maybe remove the Nullifier Shield from the Hijack Objective, since the Gamemode wouldn't be fundamentally a snoozefest anymore.

Well, I soloed the grineer one using Loki's 4th and 2, with the exception of enemies who had melee already and can do AoE stuff, others won't even be hitting the objective. You still need to be careful to not lose shield to electric AoEs.

For the Corpus I used Octavia's 2 + her 2 augment to command it to run around, made everything attracted to the ball rather than the objective. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all. I stumbled upon this thread trying to find a solution to the fomorian core hijack because my usual strategy of using Inaros and vazarin dash no longer works in Steel Path. I have found another solution however in addition to the Loki solution mentioned above (personally I don't like using Loki because he's super squishy).

I've found that Nidus actually works amazingly. Using a ton of range and duration you can repetitively use 2 and rope in massive amounts of enemies to lock them down. Before you start the hijack you can even build up stacks with 1 to save yourself from dying. Using 1 on enemies affected by 2 can also keep your energy going if you don't want to use energy pizzas. One of the great things about Nidus too is that the tougher the enemies are, the faster/easier he can build up stacks. Shortly before starting the hijack I was able to use this tactic to build up 100 stacks within seconds. I should also mention that periodically I used vazarin dash just in case, and used a Raksa kubrow because howl works nicely to keep enemies away.

You can do this solo without having to kill lots of enemies - use a very high status weapon / high firerate weapon and mod it for radiation. Just proc a few enemies in the group and keep moving and watch the chaos ensue 🙂 , you may have to deal with lone enemies and any heavies to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived