The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

I've seen this question too many times for soo many years.  I don't recall DE's exact stance on this, but I'm assuming it's not happening and won't happen.

If someone from DE would just say, "guys, its not happening, stop asking about it," it would give those hopeful players some peace of mind.  They can restart on PC, or w/e, and move forward, just like we can move on from the hydroid trailer meme.

She says they're investigating it. So it's not happening at the moment, but neither is it not not happening :-P.

Also, then there's stuff like this: https://www.pcgamesn.com/warframe/cross-save:

Cross-save is a top priority after Empyrean releases, as Digital Extremes’ Rebecca Ford says during a media Q&A. “If it’s not Railjack we’re working on, it’s definitely going to be [cross-save]. I wish we had it right now.” That’s definitely not a concrete roadmap toward cross-save, but it does suggest the devs are prioritising the feature.

And then this, https://www.fanbyte.com/news/warframe-cross-save-teased-during-devstream-were-working-on-it/:

“[We] don’t have anything further to announce,” Digital Extremes’ Creative Director Steve Sinclair said. “Other than we are working on it, and we’re kind of at that point where we’ve done the initial investigation, and we’ll have to see where we go from there.”

So unless their investigation has determined that it's impossible, then they can't say they're not doing it? Conversely, they can't say they're doing it either until their investigation determines that it's possible.

The video you linked is more recent, but just says the investigation is still ongoing.

13 minutes ago, Goldenrice said:

No, they didnt.  Right now, its not possible.   Cross save is more of a possibility than cross play, but both are pipe dreams at the moment

Helen talking about cross save and cross play

But they did, from the horses mouth say they are slowly working on it. Yeah it was dev stream 3 months earlier than that community stream no one watches. Which is why the idea they are "slowly working on it" is around.

I'm one of those hoping for cross save , or even the ability to transfer. 

Just saw the gameplay for Deimos and I remembered I stopped playing Warframe when Atlas prime for released due to not having a good pc for it. 

And I'm not restart most horrendous grind in video game history all over again. I grinded base Chroma for cry out loud. 

Feels bad.

Like all game developers, especially MMO developers, they are never going to outright say anything. It's easier for them that way. Just say "maybe" and dodge a hail of bullets. People will speculate and you don't need to worry about it and if they ask again, be vague, easy.

7 hours ago, Goldenrice said:

I've seen this question too many times for soo many years.  I don't recall DE's exact stance on this, but I'm assuming it's not happening and won't happen.

If someone from DE would just say, "guys, its not happening, stop asking about it," it would give those hopeful players some peace of mind.  They can restart on PC, or w/e, and move forward, just like we can move on from the hydroid trailer meme.

they have said there still looking into it.
guessing they are trying to get all the info on what would be transferred over an not transfered over
how platform exclusive skins would work
how would you link each platform account to each other
how this would affect users being in a clan, would there clan be existing on multiple platforms an if so what would happen if that clan name already in use on another platform
stuff like this

• 3 weeks later...

Yes please cross save, started on NSW but now want to play it on my PC, I even tried "catching-up" but I really can't get into making the grind for a bit of the mods and frames again, I didn't mind and even enjoyed the first time, the second...nope.  Hopefully the more people respond to this thread the more they'll see it's a very desired feature.

This is just the things that'd make my day/lifetime if/when (hopefully WHEN) Cross-save/Cross-progression is implemented. It's literally just what I want to see.

If you disagree, good for you I guess?

Melding Nintendo Switch, Playstation and Xbox Warframe accounts with PC accounts. Allow for multiple accounts on the same platform to be merged. Because for various reasons, some people might have multiples. All purchases from each platform should be re-granted, with the exception of platform exclusives, which just vanish- becoming their value in platinum. Free plat or complimentary platinum that is, which can only be spent on the in-game store- not the player run market.

Event exclusive items stay. That includes recurring events. The sum of your credits from each account are also carried over. You have the choice to start the story over, or carry over your story progress from one (ONE!) of your accounts. Starting the story over might be fun for some, especially considering the new player experience coming this month. Plus you get to rechoose your alignment. (which doesn't actually matter yet, but still)

Forum posts are also all amalgamated under one account, under one name. Your join date is the join date of your oldest forum account.

A criteria could be set for who gets what name in the event of a dispute. For instance, if someone on the PS4 has had the name "Sweeney" for longer than I have and has been active a lot on Warframe recently, they get dibs and I'd have to pick a new one. All names need to be unique across all 4 platforms. Or, we can implement a system similar to Discord and Xbox's new naming system to allow for more naming freedom.

6 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

All purchases from each platform should be re-granted, with the exception of platform exclusives, which just vanish- becoming their value in platinum.

What do you mean by "vanish"? I cannot tell if you want them to be removed, or kept on the relevant platform account. I know I would be pretty unhappy if DE took something I had paid for away and gave me platinum because "it was exclusive to X platform". Assuming I could keep it on the relevant platform I would have no issue, though I am not sure about giving out platinum on the others.

9 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

Forum posts are also all amalgamated under one account, under one name. Your join date is the join date of your oldest forum account.

This could be quite fun. You would get to see who uses alt accounts to make their posts seem more popular/reasonable.

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

What do you mean by "vanish"? I cannot tell if you want them to be removed, or kept on the relevant platform account. I know I would be pretty unhappy if DE took something I had paid for away and gave me platinum because "it was exclusive to X platform". Assuming I could keep it on the relevant platform I would have no issue, though I am not sure about giving out platinum on the others.

Idk. Maybe they keep it but continue only being able to use it on their appropriate platform.

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This could be quite fun. You would get to see who uses alt accounts to make their posts seem more popular/reasonable.

People do that? Sounds pathetic.

But merging accounts is an opt in feature. They'd have to provide the details for each account and consent.

How else would they know which accounts to merge? IP addresses? Then they might merge accounts that belong to two different people using the same internet connection/computer.

3 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

How else would they know which accounts to merge? IP addresses? Then they might merge accounts that belong to two different people using the same internet connection/computer.

Forum and game accounts are linked. They would have to be linked together at the same time as part of the merging process.

4 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

People do that? Sounds pathetic.

They do, and it is. It’s a good way to try and drive up the price on a trading post listing. 

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Forum and game accounts are linked. They would have to be linked together at the same time as part of the merging process.

Right, but you'd have to provide your gaming account details to start the merging process.

I'm saying you'll have to provide your account details for each one. Name, email, possibly answer your security questions.

If someone decides to make an alt account for scuzzy forum reasons, DE is not just going to automatically know to merge it.

15 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

Melding Nintendo Switch, Playstation and Xbox Warframe accounts with PC accounts. Allow for multiple accounts on the same platform to be merged. Because for various reasons, some people might have multiples. All purchases from each platform should be re-granted, with the exception of platform exclusives, which just vanish- becoming their value in platinum. Free plat or complimentary platinum that is, which can only be spent on the in-game store- not the player run market.

merging them all togather causes issue with the general update progress of the game.
pc is the only platform that gets discounts of plat while all consoles get item purchase discounts.
each platform has its own prices for items an merging them will crash the market, along with X_X make trade chat even harder to sell stuff with most likely 60 posting a second .

while those who have made accounts already on multiple platforms will not be able to merge them under one, unless they have DE delete the progress on the account they want to link to there main.
Doubt many people who spent quite alot of time working on multiple platforms would want to delete all but one account to have it linked to all platforms.
phantasy star online 2 recently had way to link your xbox/windows account to steam which had you get a code from your xbox/windows account an use that when you were logging into steam version. DE would need to do similar method for this.

While cross save progression is still in the works as DE are trying to iron out a S#&$ ton of details
like what happens to the clan your in when you play on a differnt console, will you still be in it or will need to be in a clan just on that platform.
if the you remain in that clan, but there is already another clan on a differnt platform with the same name. what happens then.
how will they deal with players loggging into just pc to try an get the plat purchase discounts, an then go onto a console to buy tennogen stuff with the plat they got cheaper.

1 minute ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

while those who have made accounts already on multiple platforms will not be able to merge them under one, unless they have DE delete the progress on the account they want to link to there main.
Doubt many people who spent quite alot of time working on multiple platforms would want to delete all but one account to have it linked to all platforms.
phantasy star online 2 recently had way to link your xbox/windows account to steam which had you get a code from your xbox/windows account an use that when you were logging into steam version. DE would need to do similar method for this.

I am one of "those players" and I'd scrap my Nintendo Switch, PS4, & Xbox account in a heartbeat to get all my purchases on one account.

I'd reset my story progress too. Heck, it'd be a bonus to reset it. I'm dying to try out the new player experience coming with HOD.

Just get all my purchases/promotional exclusive items on one platform- and maybe let me create a new account so my OCD butt can have a join date that's all even numbers (8/26/2020) and I'd kiss your muddy boots. (but just a peck...closed lips 😳)

2 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

I'd reset my story progress too. Heck, it'd be a bonus to reset it. I'm dying to try out the new player experience coming with HOD.

DE did state new an old players will be able to do the new player experience. Most likely in are codex we will get to replay vors prize quest which is the intro quest or like with the parkour changes with bullet jumping we got a codex entry that takes you to learning about it.

4 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

I am one of "those players" and I'd scrap my Nintendo Switch, PS4, & Xbox account in a heartbeat to get all my purchases on one account.

i can tell, just was giving you idea of what you would have to go through to link all platforms into one account.
not that you should do it now xD as if DE doesnt do cross save progression then you would be seriously pissed off at me.

1 minute ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

snip

All I know is, I've spent nigh 2000$ on this game, and knowing me it's only a matter of time until that nigh 2000$ becomes over 2000$ and then some.

I'd really like to have all my purchases on one account, and I'm willing to sacrifice my progression to get it.

1 minute ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

I think account progression is for the most part is pointless and should only be a limited time thing when the system can’t support warframe anyone. 

Hi. Not to be rude, but this statement didn't make sense. Would you please try rephrasing it?

Archived