Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insane Ping

AreeSoothsayer

1 minute ago, KazuXSora said:

How would they get a warning when their ping (for them) is literally 0

Maybe log and check the pings of players they've hosted to see if there's a pattern, then give them a temp ban from hosting if there is enough evidence to prove they are the problem.

Of course take region of players into account, but I've encountered people clearly from the US who have they're entire family in the background of their mic (presumably all using their 0.5mbps wifi plan), and their ping is 5x worse than my clanmate who's all the way in Australia.

People have been asking for a "do not host" option for a long time. I usually am always on public match making but for the last 4-5 days my internet has been dying so if anyone joins my game they get a ping above 1k. Personally I dont mind joining a game and having my ping be awful since I know its my internet, but I dont want to host and make everyone else have a problem.

53 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Maybe log and check the pings of players they've hosted to see if there's a pattern, then give them a temp ban from hosting if there is enough evidence to prove they are the problem.

Host Ban ?

Can I sign up for one right now ? 🙂

I'm 100% certain there's a bad node between me and like, half of the country. Because half of people that connect to me when I host have perfect connection and the other half teleport around and complain all the time... I feel bad about but it's really not my fault lol.

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm pretty sure there is a menu option to limit the max ping of the people the game tries to connect you with. 

Check your settings. 

yes there is, but whatever DE is doing to look at your ping doesn't seem to work very well. not for me anyways. Mine is set to 300, but pretty much every time i join a game my ping is above 1k

Archived