The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path actually not worth the grind

(XBOX)Yufix4574

9 hours ago, (XB1)Yufix4574 said:

We ended up with much higher level enemies that you have to spend hours shooting to kill with no real gain

The gain was the higher level enemies that you spend ... hours? well half a second more than usual ... shooting at.

On 2020-08-08 at 7:48 PM, (XB1)Yufix4574 said:

Having said that, to make it a more viable mode I have 4 proposals.
1) Reduce enemy bonuses to 200%.
2) Add an xp booster in steel path.
3) Make the steel essence influenced by the drop chance booster.
4) Later add other things that can be purchased with steel essence like skin or other.

1) not needed - it won't make much different

2) that one i like, but not small one like the 25%/50%/... we see in endless fissure missions - those wouldn't be any reason to re-do missions in the steel path since it takes just too long to kill enemies to make this worth the efford (compared e.g. doing an elite onslaugh run).

3) it's not? damn...

4) +1 to that, else there is no other reasons (again) to re-do those mission - other than testing-runs for builds, etc...

for now i'm doing steel path mission for fun only every day or the other - mainly because i have usually other things to do beside it... not saying the steel path was an useless idea, only that it could be far more interesting than it is atm...

On 2020-08-09 at 5:48 AM, (XB1)Yufix4574 said:

We ended up with much higher level enemies that you have to spend hours shooting to kill with no real gain.

A problem is that the gain of xp takes into account only the enemy level and not the fact that they have 250% health / shield / armor and then at certain levels there are enemies that really never die like the emissary in the orokin derelict, that is makes me think that 250% is really too much, and finally the steel essences which, despite being resources, do not benefit from the booster drop chance.

In short what I try to say is that once you have obtained the various bonuses for the completion of the planets no one will have a valid reason to continue the steel path, this mode should have become a standard for the most advanced players instead now it is just a waste of time.

Having said that, to make it a more viable mode I have 4 proposals.
1) Reduce enemy bonuses to 200%.
2) Add an xp booster in steel path.
3) Make the steel essence influenced by the drop chance booster.
4) Later add other things that can be purchased with steel essence like skin or other.

DE stated all along this was a hard mode only no added rewards but buffed XP, resource and mod drops.  Nothing else.  Thats exactly what they gave us .. no extras attached.. and thats just the way DE does it..  I actually now play mostly in SP either solo or with my squad, its much more enjoyable and if you do stop to look at the scenery you can get dead..  The only thing I'd like to see altered is the Steel Essence drop rate increased or drop chance booster work on it. Sp is a good balanced mid tier mode for us to get dirty in 🙂 and after an hour or so solo its a good exciting mode with lots more enemy coming at ya, at 90 mins the enemy are usually around the 300 lvl which makes it even more fun and if you dont have the gear or setup you dont last long..its the one mode that makes you go prepared if you want to do a reasonably long run.. it would be nice if DE would get rid of the trade bans though.. my squad and i like the 2hr+ survivals but we just dont want the trade bans.. DE come-on kill those stupid trade bans for long runs PLS

You gotta strip armor/shields efficiently and get weapons that do bonus damage to base flesh.

I basically run an evil trinity build with 100% armor strip link, and melt everything with a full viral Glaxion Vandal.

For corpus I use an Embolist and just ignore the shields entirely.

And for everything in general, a heavy attack dagger zaw which puts mega bleeds on everything, if it doesn't get 1shotted.

Steel Path needs to be a part of the game, a part of farming. It needs to have increased resources and new mods. Not POE or Fortune number of mods, but a WHOLE BOAT LOAD of new mods.

Instead of upgraded versions of mods we have right now, why can't we get more nightmare mods, more set mods, more warframe and weapon mods?

It seems like DE doesn't answer the communities cries for "new rewarding but difficult content" they just up the enemy number and call it a day.

Am I playing steel path? Yes, I enjoy warframe, I'll play steel path. Is this the only new content pack DE has shipped in a while I'll enjoy? Possibly.

I don't understand the logic of not enjoying steel path, but wanting more rewards for it. 

If you aren't enjoying it, then you should be happy there isn't more rewards for you to miss out on.

If you are actually enjoying, then I could understand wanting more. Some of you seen to just dislike it though. 

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't understand the logic of not enjoying steel path, but wanting more rewards for it. 

It's simple, why should I do something harder when I can do that simple and have the same earnings?

Difficulty can be fun the first time then it just gets boring, and the steel essence drop rate is frustrating.

In these conditions, too few people will be playing steel path.

Some of us literally don't "need" to rush rewards. I feel the Steel Path is perfect as it is. I wish it had higher levels but I'll live with it.

If I have 30 million credits and 1 million kuva and multiple rivens for my favorite weapons and most frames and weapons with 3 to 8 forma and extra plat and all the cosmetics I want, I'm literally playing for fun. I like the game and want to just "play". 

Before Steel Path, we had everything we wanted but no where to use it. 

The Steel Path closed the loop and made a well rounded experience because now we have a place to go and mess around in our higher level playground.

I see some people just not accepting that there's actually players out there that literally just play the game for fun and no rewards. And we are here just telling you we exist. 

Honestly steel path was the most fun I’ve had in a bit. Enemy dps felt fair compared to the normal game and steel essence really sucks but until the playerbase gets sick and tired of DE’s rng practices it won’t get better. It felt good to win better than my first grind through the start chart felt like a badass. 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

If I have 30 million credits and 1 million kuva and multiple rivens for my favorite weapons and most frames and weapons with 3 to 8 forma and extra plat and all the cosmetics I want, I'm literally playing for fun.

You are talking about a minority.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Before Steel Path, we had everything we wanted but no where to use it. 

The Steel Path closed the loop and made a well rounded experience because now we have a place to go and mess around in our higher level playground.

Usually when you have top tier gear you are supposed to go on high tier missions and get cosmetic items, and so is steel path but bad, the items that can be purchased are few and the prices are not at all balanced compared to the drop rate.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

I see some people just not accepting that there's actually players out there that literally just play the game for fun and no rewards. And we are here just telling you we exist. 

They undoubtedly exist but you can't expect everyone to think that way, especially in loot-based gaming.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Yufix4574 said:

Your point? Could you elaborate?

Usually when you have top tier gear you are supposed to go on high tier missions and get cosmetic items, and so is steel path but bad, the items that can be purchased are few and the prices are not at all balanced compared to the drop rate.

No one is making you rush to get the rewards. With this excuse, we could actually get rid of standing limits because the excuse "I can't get it fast enough" would be valid. We could get rid of wait times and anything else that makes you wait.

They undoubtedly exist but you can't expect everyone to think that way, especially in loot-based gaming.

I don't expect everyone to think that way. I never stated I did. Not sure what your point is. Could you elaborate?

My replies are in bold. 

Sometimes games expect you to utilize the content for more than 3 weeks. 

This isn't a limited-time event that is going away soon. You're actually supposed to play the content, get some essence over time, and keep playing to get more essence throughout the week or even a month....with the goal of buying some items in the future. This is called "grinding". 

For another example....I'll use a Primed Mod. Primed mods aren't easy to max out. You have to grind out credits and grind the games content for endo. This usually doesnt happen in a day.....you have to plan to rank the mod up over time. 

Maybe I'm missing something: Were you promised all the Steel Path rewards in a certain amount of time? I may have missed the dev reply on that. Just want to make sure.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Yufix4574 said:

As far as I know the maximum level is 175 for a mastery 29, and I said in a previous answer that they should add the steel path modifier for the siulacrum as well.

The simulacrum isn't a mission. It's an arena that is used to test things. Enemies don't spawn on their own....you choose what spawns and how many of them.....you can even decide to completely freeze enemies. 

An example of a mission that is a part of the main story and lore would be the star chart. You cant choose what spawns there and what faction you fight. It's a part of the actual games main story and lore associated with it. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)palebluelight said:

Honestly steel path was the most fun I’ve had in a bit. Enemy dps felt fair compared to the normal game and steel essence really sucks but until the playerbase gets sick and tired of DE’s rng practices it won’t get better. It felt good to win better than my first grind through the start chart felt like a badass. 

I actually enjoyed trying to solo Zealoid Prelate, getting my butt kicked, recruiting a team and then defeating him after 45 minutes. We had to use every ounce of DPS and strategy to defeat him. Its not something i would want to do ALL of the time, but it was a nice change of pace to test ourselves and our knowledge of modding. Defeating ZP needs a good setup, or it will take exponentially longer to defeat. 

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Your point? Could you elaborate?

If you really think that most players have all the riven / platinum / resources / cosmetics they want then you are wrong.

No one is making you rush to get the rewards.

I never talked about rush, simply if by the completion of all the steel path nodes I do not have the steel essence I need (which is 100% sure), I will not come back to try to farm it in these conditions.

I don't expect everyone to think that way. I never stated I did. Not sure what your point is. Could you elaborate?

Many players don't like the idea of doing hard activities without reward, the fact that there are people playing just for fun doesn't change that, in a loot-based game, steel path is currently not enough.

12 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Defeating ZP needs a good setup, or it will take exponentially longer to defeat.

For me more than 30 minutes for a single boss is a ridiculous amount of time, making something longer does not make it even more difficult, that's why that 250% seems too much to me.

21 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

DE stated all along this was a hard mode only no added rewards but buffed XP, resource and mod drops.  Nothing else. 

Buffed XP that isn't exactly buffed, you just get the exp that you'd get dealing with those level mobs... Except now you have to deal with mobs that have +250% armor/shield/health.

As for the rewards, DE must add something more to it, otherwise SP will be just another thing that came and now nobody is interested. The only nodes that are populated are Arena for Endo and some Survival Infestation nodes for the Eximus, until Khora's Whipclaw get's nerfed that is.

Take Khora out of the equation, and the time that it takes to kill a mob, against the drop rates and against the affinity that you get, it isn't worth it.

Edit: Except when forma'ing melee's, SP is quite useful for this.

1 hour ago, ZarTham said:

Buffed XP that isn't exactly buffed, you just get the exp that you'd get dealing with those level mobs... Except now you have to deal with mobs that have +250% armor/shield/health.

As for the rewards, DE must add something more to it, otherwise SP will be just another thing that came and now nobody is interested. The only nodes that are populated are Arena for Endo and some Survival Infestation nodes for the Eximus, until Khora's Whipclaw get's nerfed that is.

Take Khora out of the equation, and the time that it takes to kill a mob, against the drop rates and against the affinity that you get, it isn't worth it.

Edit: Except when forma'ing melee's, SP is quite useful for this.

Understand what you're saying but DE stated all along what SP was.. no extra rewards, just a place to go kill higher level enemy.. thats what it is, supplied as stated.. Of course I would love DE to make the rewards better, the SE drops better or drop chance booster and farming frames work on SE.. but they won't.. But if any players are needing resources then SP is the place to farm, the drop rates of normal resources is ridiculous .. last night we did a 2 hr run and got 200k+ of poly bundles, 300+ terrilium, 300+ galium, etc.. its crazy not to farm the other resources anywhere else if they are needed.. thou most of us running SP are there only for SE 🙂

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I actually enjoyed trying to solo Zealoid Prelate, getting my butt kicked, recruiting a team and then defeating him after 45 minutes. We had to use every ounce of DPS and strategy to defeat him. Its not something i would want to do ALL of the time, but it was a nice change of pace to test ourselves and our knowledge of modding. Defeating ZP needs a good setup, or it will take exponentially longer to defeat. 

Yeah my nyx and a random rhino did it first go in like 15 give or take. Demolyst’s we’re more frustrating than bosses IMO I hate that damn nullifying pulse because their armor comes back each time. 

9 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

usual farming farms Khora, Nekros and Speedva

Replace Khora with some other frame. go re-do that 2 hours run, come back with the results.

My point is, with Khora, you can have the most chilling farm ever, without having to worry about anything other than you and your team mates, the dome provides an incredibly good CC, while her whip provides damage (pretty much 1 shots everything with a stat stick), which leads to runs like this, I can solo this without having the need for a squad, except if I wanted more SE drop from some Nekros, this was on ODS btw, but the same goes for against the Grineer, as I've done multiple times. She'll probably get a nerf and stop providing such good damage as people have already started questioning when will DE fix stat sticks, let's be honest, Khora with a stat stick is simply broken, maybe take Baruuk as a replacement then, until Reactive Storm gets fixed, not many frames can easily deal with mobs that have +250% health/armor/shield, same goes for weapons.

R6JDDdT.png

I highly doubt DE will increase SE drop rates, no question about that, but they should increase drop rates and add more rewards to SP. Ofc, that would call for some nerfs, but I'd welcome them gladly for higher and better rewards.

Archived