Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kill enemies to retain control POE

(NSW)StoneGhost

My least favorite thing about Warframe is a simple mission type in the POE. I've been playing for a year and a half the I have clocked around 1,500 hours. I cannot stand the mission where you have to kill enemies to keep the percentage from reaching 0. 

This. Mission. Type. Sucks. How did this even come close to getting through quality control? Yes it's difficult, but that isnt the point. This isnt a fun kind of difficult, its bullS#&$. How is this even a realistic scenario anyway? I can do an hour long survival in the Steel Path but somehow I've lost "control" and fail entirely if some weak ass enemy is crouching between some rocks that I could one-shot with a mk1-bo? It's too dependent on terrain. It doesnt create a urgent situation, it creates IMMEDIATE frustration.

For context, I prefer to solo POE bounties. I also play switch, so I rarely find myself doing them with anyone anyway. This means that not enough enemies spawn to kill over the relatively large area to even reach. The terrain usually hides a cluster between some rocks and so I cant even find them. Dont even get me started on the underground instances of this mission, I never see enough to kill then...

This is all made worse in the Steel Path. I cant kill as easily over a large area because they all take more hits to kill. 

I enjoy every other mission type. There a huge disparity here. I never fail other missions, just this single mission type. I find myself rage quitting sometimes just because I cant even find an enemy. 

Slow the damn percentage drop waaaay down. Please! It should be an incredibly simple adjustment to the invisible timer. Either that or significantly increase the spawn rate of enemies. At least if theres a danger of getting killed I can understand failing the mission because I was overwhelmed. Failing when I'm all alone on the base is just too frustrating.

And yes, I'm just fresh off of a recent rage quit. But this is far from my first and definitely not my last. Every hotfix I hope corrects this ludicrous mission type. 

tl;dr - please fix the mission type where you need to kill enemies fast enough to keep the percent from hitting 0 in the POE bounties. I'd prefer you got rid of it entirely, but otherwise just slow down the decline or increase the spawn rate.

Those are the worst for me, sicne it all comes down to killing again, people will say, but it is a horde shooter, yes, mostly, but why then add capture or sabotage.

Those missions make it hard and unfair for frames that can't masskill esepcially if enemies bug around like this, try to it with a CC focused freame like Nyx, or try do it with Trinity, a storng weapon won't do much for it often.

I hate how everything coems down to masskill lately, Onslaught, leveling overall, farming resources, endless missions with killing is always the best, while rest is pointless, caches, exploring, none is worth it, why did we need this big ass open map if we just hunt bountys? We could had just had a tower where you move from one room to the next aswell.

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Those are the worst for me, sicne it all comes down to killing again, people will say, but it is a horde shooter, yes, mostly, but why then add capture or sabotage.

Those missions make it hard and unfair for frames that can't masskill esepcially if enemies bug around like this, try to it with a CC focused freame like Nyx, or try do it with Trinity, a storng weapon won't do much for it often.

I hate how everything coems down to masskill lately, Onslaught, leveling overall, farming resources, endless missions with killing is always the best, while rest is pointless, caches, exploring, none is worth it, why did we need this big ass open map if we just hunt bountys? We could had just had a tower where you move from one room to the next aswell.

Exactly! DE will happily nerf frames like Limbo and say that it was so other frames will be viable options, but here is an example of a situation where I literally cant use 90% of frames to even have a chance of winning. Even when I do bring a Limbo, Vauban, or Ember I STILL lose if enough enemies dont spawn.

Yes it's a horde shooter, but how can you defend failing a mission when there weren't even any enemies to shoot???

I just loooooove the Mission Fail "Oh, you didn't know there was ONE 8m-16m underground zone in the Parameter zone? Too Bad! You fail for not finding those 3 enemies!" types sooo much. That make me realize that to be a true successful ninja I must literally check under every rock every second for my enemies in a state of paranoid panic! 8D

It doesn't help that the problem is compounded by those wonderful and fun enemies known as "Thumpers". You are half-guaranteed to fail this bounty if one of those either spawns in/around your control zone, or if one chases you over there.

It's also really frustrating to be one-shotting the smaller skiff-like dropships and still fail. Shouldn't all the guys on the thing count towards your control level? Why should I be trying to pick a squad off a moving vehicle when i can just take out the vehicle? If they do all count, how do I still manage to fail, since that's where half the enemies come in?

Just failed for the fourth time today, after making this post, because I couldnt kill Steel Path bullet sponges quite fast enough. I must be a glutton for punishment. I was using my Vauban P. with 265% range and was able to gather them all in a neat pile, but I still couldn't even make it to the halfway point! There just weren't enough spawns. The percentage kept falling because there were a couple Nox that were break dancing on Vauban's #4 (and yet somehow were more in "control" of the base than I was while they spasmed in front of me...). For christ's sake, I'm using a Lenz with Corrosive dmg, a Riven with +CD and +DMG, and STILL it's not enough. Who is this supposed to be appropriate for? It's just not practical. At all. 

The armor stripping frames (Nyx and Ash) are too squishy, the crowd controllers dont have the damage (Vauban, Nidus, Limbo, and Revenant), and the nukers dont have the crowd control (Saryn and Ember). 

Super frustrating since I enjoy all the other missions and just want to farm some exodia arcanes. 

*sigh* Probably time for another WF break... Heres hoping that Nyx's psycho bolts can be transferred using the helminth on the 25th so I can kill those Nox because I'm out of ideas. 

This bounty objective is, and always has been, the most garbage.

Let's play a game! Which of these count as units contesting your area?

• Enemies spawned for the objective currently within the marked area
  • Enemies spawned for the objective currently not within the marked area
  • Dropships deploying troops into the marked area
  • Dropships stuck in a tree 1000m away
  • Dropships extracting after dropping off enemies
  • Enemies still sitting on dropships
  • Rollers which went on a magical adventure to the opposite boundary of the Plains, uninterested in the fight

Trick question. THEY ALL COUNT AGAINST YOU.

Yes.

Every single one.

Oh, and of course there's almost always at least one of these objectives in EVERY bounty.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb TheLexiConArtist:

This bounty objective is, and always has been, the most garbage.

Let's play a game! Which of these count as units contesting your area?

• Enemies spawned for the objective currently within the marked area
  • Enemies spawned for the objective currently not within the marked area
  • Dropships deploying troops into the marked area
  • Dropships stuck in a tree 1000m away
  • Dropships extracting after dropping off enemies
  • Enemies still sitting on dropships
  • Rollers which went on a magical adventure to the opposite boundary of the Plains, uninterested in the fight

Trick question. THEY ALL COUNT AGAINST YOU.

Yes.

Every single one.

Oh, and of course there's almost always at least one of these objectives in EVERY bounty.

Let us not forget the mysterious ground units, falling trough the map never be heard of again.

11 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Let us not forget the mysterious ground units, falling trough the map never be heard of again.

Well. That would explain why I can't find them from time to time. Jesus. I didn't it was possible for me to dislike that objective even more than I did, but here we are. 

DE, please, for the love of sweet, merciful Clem. Do the right thing. You spent a lot of money on POE, this is worst thing about it by far. 

F*CK this crap, this was a terrible design and zero IQ, especially if the task appear in cave which near the sea. You obviously have to guard the area around the cave and IN THE CAVE. I was even confused and then the grineer just drop outside the cave and even behind it.

Not even mention the stupid bonus from this ridiculous task and "The assassinate the target". 1 minute to kill all 15 enemies but they just have to choose areas that have only 4 or 5 enemies at 1st only, not even mention that something area have troll intentionally by drop enemies almost outside of the area.

Let me fix this post for you, OP.

Ahem..

"DE,
FIX POE and VALLIS!
PERIOD!
THEY SUCK!"

-everyone with a Job.

"Fix how?"

Oh! I'm glad you asked!!
Let us DIRECTLY CHOSE the mission we want to do! This random mission chain garbage HAS GOT TO GO!
If we HAVE to grind* this crap, at least let us enjoy it! By choosing the mission(s) we enjoy, we at least each get to trade time for fun.

* Grind is just another word for "we purposefully designed this content to be irritating so that our idiot players would spend money for plat, and we could get rich by being lazy developers!!"

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Traubenzuckr:

all these ppl just need to gut gud and start using flexible thinking

Translates to, "use the best meta for it", because dare people look for variation and try different playstyles in a game which used to be about variety.

Funny enough, this mission type exists in Deimos! But don't panic - they made it NOT abysmal!

A smaller control area which is definitely nice to ensure you can track your designated enemies (without the game waypointing them for you), but two more important things:

• ONLY enemies in the control zone count against your decay!
  • It doesn't seem to decay faster than 1%/s (down from plains' 3%/sec cap)! EDITED: It takes a lot more units in the area to decay at an increased rate, instead of about 3 as it is in the Plains!

Now if DE can just retrofit that back onto the Plains equivalent, life will be better and we can go onto complaining about the next bad thing in bounties - my vote is on the other Plains Bounty Bonus conditions being absurd and sometimes impossible (solo especially, that spawn rate means good f'in luck doing the Assassination condition, for one)

Same here, the mission type is entertaining in principle but too often it becomes "hunt the lone, hidden enemy placed" - especially in regions with an underground area. It just feels unfun and arbitrary since you can't do anything about it - you're not even told where the enemy is.

It's probably one of the main reasons I avoid the plains as much as possible because Orb Vallis doesn't have these "unfair" missions.

They did it better in Deimos, the control area there is much smaller making it much managable and less chances for bugging out somehow and failing the mission.

I stopped doing PoE bounties entirely long time ago because the area control mission has been like this for ages and they refuse to change it. Too many times I had to get on my archwing to fly around the area wondering why are we losing control theres nothing in the area and not even a cave in sight they might be hiding in (not to mention caves shouldnt count). 

Makes failing it even worse when youve already done half the missions wasting time. 

An enemy marker and reduced area would already be a big improvement. 

Archived