Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Man In The Wall (Hey Kiddo)

Aethyrn

Since approximately 2 days now i've been having the man in the wall literally EVERY time i come back to the orbiter. i used to get this once every few weeks/months before and now its at a point where I'm making my first forum post about how annoying this is. please for the love of god fix this

Same issue here, used to be a *very* rare occurrence. Since the recent mainline, Wally shows up after every mission. If he's not at the front of the orbiter then he is always somewhere towards the back. I completed Chains of Harrow years ago, so I doubt this bug has anything to do with the quest itself.

Unless it's not a bug, and Wally has genuinely taken an interest in select Tenno for whatever reason. 😱

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, all quests are finished.  Certainly says so in the Codex (with the exception of "The New War").  To Clarify, when checking "The New War", Erra and Chimera Prologue are marked as complete.  The latest cutscene is available but having watched it, it is still not marked complete.

Wally's appearance isn't just after each mission.  Any time I return to the orbiter, he is there.  If I go to a relay, Cetus, et cetera, and immediately return, there he is.  Every thriceblasted time.

2 minutes ago, WalkerInTheVoid said:

Awakening, incidentally, is marked complete even though I haven't gotten around to trying to play through it.

Maybe because the same stuff was previously covered by the starting segment of Vor's Prize, so anyone who had done that quest had the new one labeled as complete from the get-go?

3 minutes ago, Quarterdane said:

Maybe because the same stuff was previously covered by the starting segment of Vor's Prize, so anyone who had done that quest had the new one labeled as complete from the get-go?

I assume that's the case.  I'm just trying to avoid failing to report things that might be useful information, such as "oh I haven't actually done Awakening" which may or may not be critical information.

8 hours ago, WalkerInTheVoid said:

Wally's appearance isn't just after each mission.  Any time I return to the orbiter, he is there.  If I go to a relay, Cetus, et cetera, and immediately return, there he is.  Every thriceblasted time.

Have you tried deleting EE.cfg? Or logging in on another PC?

We should be able to "show" the Man in the wall our new fancy Helminth and see if he wouldn't mind "brushing the teeth" while we were gone.

"You've subsumed Man in the wall and gained the ability to randomly show up in players ships and wreck havoc on their mental stability" 

*Ability to move players decorations around on their ship, change colors etc while they're in missions*

21 hours ago, [DE]George said:

We are still unable to reproduce this issue. We will continue looking though. Out of curiosity, do any of you have a currently active quest? And if so, which one?

You mean it's not intentional that the Man in The Wall is somewhere in my Orbiter every time I return to it?  I assumed it was on purpose because for me it's incredibly consistent.  I don't *see* the doppleganger every time, but I suspect that's only because I don't always move around enough.  I have finished all the quests and as far as I know I do not have any mission active aside from not having finished clearing the Steel Path starchart.  I also just managed to clear MR 28 right around the time Heart of Deimos dropped, followed by reaching MR 29 once I got some of the Mastery points for the new weapons and pets.  I didn't have enough Mastery points previously because I haven't really bothered with Railjack or Liches and only have Intrinsics and Kuva Weapons partially complete.

1 hour ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

We should be able to "show" the Man in the wall our new fancy Helminth and see if he wouldn't mind "brushing the teeth" while we were gone.

"You've subsumed Man in the wall and gained the ability to randomly show up in players ships and wreck havoc on their mental stability" 

*Ability to move players decorations around on their ship, change colors etc while they're in missions*

So... you want to become Herobrine?  O.o

Archived