Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding the 3 Infested tumors bounty step is too much

Karonuva

Only a 2 minute time limit, and in a huge area where you can't tell if it's in caves or not, and is asking you to find things that completely blend in with the environment is just a bit too much. Even with a full squad, but especially solo, this bounty step feels extremely difficult if not impossible. Just changing their glow to something other than orange would help a lot.

The first time, you are likely to fail even if you notice the tracers.  But yes, it directs you to where the infested tumors are.  You should be able to find them in plenty of time.

That is of course only if some graphics effects do not disable the lines, and if you move quickly to follow the traces and see where they go.  Even if you only follow it part way, remember to watch for the next pulse which will follow the exact same path.  It should take less than three pulses to get to any individual tumor that you need to destroy.

Of course if there was no tracer, no one would really find the orangish grey blob on the orange grey background with shadows obscuring everything.

3 hours ago, JHarlequin said:

Of course if there was no tracer, no one would really find the orangish grey blob on the orange grey background with shadows obscuring everything.

after just a few hours spent out there, everything looks just orange and grey.  The first few are easy to find if you have helios as he'll highight them as he scans.  after the codex is done its run in circles with the scanner glued to your face so the one orange and grey rock like structure that glows green in the scanner set amidst orange and grey rocks surrounded by orange plants is the one you want to destroy.  Assuming you haven't destroyed your monitor by throwing your controller or mouse through it in frustration first 🤣

But they are easier to see than microscopic orange splotches of ore vein on orange rocks set on an orange background amidst orange plants waving in your face while getting attacked by orange and grey enemies.  Even if you're lucky and the blue dots show in the mining tool (often they don't as they are set inside textures), those too are so small as to be nigh impossible to find even from 2m away. 👀

vor einer Stunde schrieb Lokidus_Prime:

I find that using archwing for this usually makes it a bit easier to see where the tracers are trying to guide you to.

This. Using birds eye view makes this mission trivial.

More to the point, ALL TIMED QUESTS need to GO AWAY!

There is no place for timers in quests, period!
It is disrespectful to the player's own time and does nothing but cause irritation and frustration! I have NEVER found a timer brought me a sense of excitement in a game. NEVER! Not ONCE!

Get RID of timers!!

• 3 months later...
On 2020-08-26 at 10:01 AM, JHarlequin said:

The first time, you are likely to fail even if you notice the tracers.  But yes, it directs you to where the infested tumors are.  You should be able to find them in plenty of time.

That is of course only if some graphics effects do not disable the lines, and if you move quickly to follow the traces and see where they go.  Even if you only follow it part way, remember to watch for the next pulse which will follow the exact same path.  It should take less than three pulses to get to any individual tumor that you need to destroy.

followed the first pulse. the first tumor was so far i only had 4 seconds left to kill the other 2 tumors to get the extra reward. nice pathing DE.

I ran into a few bugs with these type of stages. Be it within the bounty or Arcana bounty. The pulse line just goes a way then stop. Following it leads no where. There are a few times, the line just teleported 20m when it reach a turn. Then there's the line that bends backwards after making you follow it for 50m to run all the way back to the node showing you it's only 5m away from the target. Just as bad as some Cetus bounty. Like that one mission to go look for cache underground. The third cache only spawn after getting the first two but spawns above ground that needs a elevator ride. If the mission is too easy just make up a different one. Stop trying to make it convoluted just for padding.

• 4 months later...

Yea, I agree, timed missions need to GO! Tracers you say.. will need to look for those, but I was in archwing and with AOE shedu, blasted all things, found just one yellow glowing node, like those tumor nodes in corpus ship missions, same thing is used, they glow like bright yellow blob.

Archived