Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart Of Deimos mining

Arshaviir

It is nice to once again have a new area to explore with new things to do and new materials to gather. As I progressed through Heart Of Deimos I noticed that mining was rather difficult in the sense that the mining nodes are difficult to see, whether it be because they blend in far too much with the environment or that they are glitched inside of walls and you can barely see the blue laser points. If you look hard enough in the general area of some mining map blips, you can indeed see that it is fairly often clipped inside of a wall and either very difficult to mine or impossible, much more often that clipping that occurred in the plains or in Orb Vallis. 

https://imgur.com/a/getyNQt

https://streamable.com/bt8dar

I saw the places when I was running through the quest. But actually going to mine the places were difficult to see and they disappeared while mining. It is a bit frustrating but this is early days. There is time for them to fix it before I start panicking. 

Ive "seen" mining nodes inside the breathing walls/logs ... its so bad that sometimes even the Dots for the nodes themselves actually disappear too..

it would be nice if there was some other visual indicator of where abouts a node is..  orat a bare minimum the actualy texture for the nodes is placed on top of the wall/other object textures (Draw order change...) That being said this is a problem that ive seen in the other open worlds also .. so not sure it will ever get fixed..

I think it is high time they stop using RNG for every damn thing in this game!

DE, if you are going to use RNG to place nodes, at least make the nodes into actual protrusions from the terrain like other games do.. thinking about WoW mining nodes that STICK UP!
I am so damn tired of every, literally EVERY time I go into an open world to "quest" I am plagued by bugs and glitches in all aspects of the game loop. Every single run out into the open world zones I have to fight against bugs that I cant just shoot to make go away. If it isn't bounty glitches causing me to fail missions, it is RNG placed mining nodes i can't get to, or conservation targets spawning inside terrain.

STOP releasing NEW CONTENT until you figure out how.. or heaven forbid actually put forth a modicum of effort to FIX your broken crap!!

hace 8 horas, Arshaviir dijo:

It is nice to once again have a new area to explore with new things to do and new materials to gather. As I progressed through Heart Of Deimos I noticed that mining was rather difficult in the sense that the mining nodes are difficult to see, whether it be because they blend in far too much with the environment or that they are glitched inside of walls and you can barely see the blue laser points. If you look hard enough in the general area of some mining map blips, you can indeed see that it is fairly often clipped inside of a wall and either very difficult to mine or impossible, much more often that clipping that occurred in the plains or in Orb Vallis. 

https://imgur.com/a/getyNQt

https://streamable.com/bt8dar

Why couldnt' they recicle the rocks from either PoE or Fortuna ? Infested eat rocks now? what was the point? ... did any one at play testing actualy tried mining at DE ?

My guess is not , because if they did this issues would have came up rather fast. Realy sad to see a posibly good zone tarnished from the start. They even made real progress in the load times and tech side as well 😞

6 hours ago, (XB1)AlingsasArrende said:

Especially on trees I think, though not sure. Sometimes they are visible at first and then disappear, or maybe it had to do with the angle.

Some of the tendrils swell and throb, but the mining node stays put so it can disappear until it shrinks down again.

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Some of the tendrils swell and throb, but the mining node stays put so it can disappear until it shrinks down again.

Node glow ebbs as well, watched a few disappear and reappear like 10sec later. Would've mined them but they had no dots.

The mining has been updated. It now has a lovely box that appears and the modes glow more vividly/visibly without needing to change display settings. A few still get stuck “inside” parts of the world, but I still consider the boxes indicating locations an improvement. 

Indeed, it was much better as of the .4 patch. I've had a few that were totally buried underneath a red globe and a few that were too high up on the bottom of tentrils where they couldn't be hit at all even with the extension widget, but most have been clear and not too bad to find.

• 3 months later...

Archived