Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is HoD content locked before fortuna rep?????

mantasas17x

If i am returning player or whatever else i am forced to do fortuna rep to get xatu? Really? Thought i can trade the mats with other players but nope i need to grind myself to rank 5 and then still farm 5 of tokens for a content that was delivered in HoT, another way to make money eh? Why support returning players when you can just lock content behind locked grind that cannot even be achieved in 1 day

I jsut want to clarify why this is a big deal, I personaly extremely hate any "rep" systems I understand why they are, but i am extremely curious and I Must know things as soon as i can, being locked time locked makes me anxious and i lose interests in instantly, I thought to myself okay i'll give HoD A shot before i'll be gone from pc for a long while cuz of studies and after getting the parts and ranking up syndicate which i found doable, i saw the blueprint of xatos systems i believe that needs parts from fortuna profit taker.... It was hard enought to do any kind of rep farm, doing 2 of em is just .... . This is big middle finger to returning players or generally players that hate rep farm like me. I wanna try to invest myself but not if i have go full grind mode for 2000 factions just because i need 1 small part. Please change the resource or add alternative way of getting such resources for players that don't want to do off content that is not even related to the update

20 minutes ago, mantasas17x said:

I jsut want to clarify why this is a big deal, I personaly extremely hate any "rep" systems 

Tough luck man. Gotta put in the effort like the rest of us or spend money and ruin the only experience of the game outside of social activity which is just farming.
They shouldnt spoonfeed people content that others had to work hard for.
Especially since the rewards for having maxed rep with fortuna syndicates are still very relevant via amps, operator arcanes, kitgun arcane, etc

Fortuna rep is quite easy to farm, just mine the gems and buy bonds from Ticker with spare common resources and credits.
And at this point we have too much of those Gyromag Systems and nothing to spend them on.
I like that Xaku uses resources from all three open worlds and kind of ties them together a little. We need more of that, I think.

Although 325 platinum is easier and faster to farm and just buy the frame from the market, if you so against rep farming, just saying.

34 minutes ago, The_Mixmaster said:

The problem isn't that it's impossible to farm the rep, it's that it's a giant uninteresting slog to do so.

its not too much of a slog.
the worst part is getting the debt bonds.
if you have a buddy that's already done it, they can cap your standing in a matter of minutes by catching kubrodon incarnadines.
I did that for my friend who was trying to get back into the game.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

its not too much of a slog.
the worst part is getting the debt bonds.
if you have a buddy that's already done it, they can cap your standing in a matter of minutes by catching kubrodon incarnadines.
I did that for my friend who was trying to get back into the game.

That's assuming that
A. Your friends haven't quit warframe yet
and
B. They bothered to slog through it

13 minutes ago, The_Mixmaster said:

That's assuming that
A. Your friends haven't quit warframe yet
and
B. They bothered to slog through it

thousands of players have finished rep.
find a clan. make friends.
its an mmo. Playing it like a single player game is going to have less-than-desired/intended results.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

thousands of players have finished rep.
find a clan. make friends.
its an mmo. Playing it like a single player game is going to have less-than-desired/intended results.

I have a clan, but most of them either quit or are like me and take long breaks from the game. Plus, most of them aren't too fond of having to go back to fortuna either.

6 hours ago, The_Mixmaster said:

I have a clan, but most of them either quit or are like me and take long breaks from the game. Plus, most of them aren't too fond of having to go back to fortuna either.

i that that as well that's why i created my own solo clan

7 hours ago, (PS4)H-Refr said:

Fortuna rep is quite easy to farm, just mine the gems and buy bonds from Ticker with spare common resources and credits.
And at this point we have too much of those Gyromag Systems and nothing to spend them on.
I like that Xaku uses resources from all three open worlds and kind of ties them together a little. We need more of that, I think.

Although 325 platinum is easier and faster to farm and just buy the frame from the market, if you so against rep farming, just saying.

yeah i was planning on getting plat instead

7 hours ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Tough luck man. Gotta put in the effort like the rest of us or spend money and ruin the only experience of the game outside of social activity which is just farming.
They shouldnt spoonfeed people content that others had to work hard for.
Especially since the rewards for having maxed rep with fortuna syndicates are still very relevant via amps, operator arcanes, kitgun arcane, etc

yea but they could make it a tradable resource or anything like that, now i have to find time to do fortuna stuff which is not that fun, besides infested and i already hate rep farming of any kind

Even I who have stockpile of ressources from other open world (luckily) find this silly, it's a really bad move as it was when fortuna release. 

It's ok to try to connect your open world in some way but how about doing it in a fun way and not a restrictive/frustrating one ?

On 2020-08-26 at 10:35 PM, RazerXPrime said:

I'm a returning player, I'm MR6 and I can't use MR14 weapons! I demand this is changed now!

*activate ironic sarcasm mode* - go do the thermia event, at MR6 you can happily get the Opticor Vandal which is MR14, completing the event bags you a weapon well above your MR but you still get it and can still use it.

Oh yeah you can also buy market bundles that bypass the MR limit as well, a new starter can buy any warframe bundle and get loads of kickass powerful weapons, seems that MR thing isnt worth much at all.

Archived