Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech Cortege acquisition needs to be looked at

Talinthis

you either need to be able to buy this weapon, have the parts tradeable, have an exchange for say... 2 or something duplicates of the other parts of the weapon or implement an adaptive reward table that puts duplicate part rewards at 0% chance(until you have a set or build it). not sure how anyone is supposed to get this thing, there is a difference between difficulty and simply... "wtf were you thinking?" grind.

Thanks.

p.s i never mentioned what it was and it is extremely new. its the 3 rare drops in the Iso Vault reward table. you can expect duplicates and a very tiny chance of getting the last part you need.

9 hours ago, (XB1)pilot1234004 said:

My and my friend on xbox have collectively ran around 30-40 of the vault bounty, if not more than that, doing all 3 vaults each time, and we have yet to see a single damaged piece for the corteg

Ditto. I still don't have a damaged capsule either.

I don't think the weapon is obtainable at all on X1.

I'm 200-300+ full 3 iso vault runs and I have only gotten 20 full sets for the Nerramec and a single stock for the Cortege. The 300+ Orokin Animus Matrix and all the worthlees relics are not a reward just let us trade this trash for the broken parts DE!!!

I'm on Xbox and the just buy/trade for your missing parts doesn't work when the people the are selling the part(s) you need for 250-500 plat.?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this thread gets more attention and reaches DE's staff. I've been trying for weeks now and after countless runs, the only Cortege part I ever got was Cortege Receiver. The thing that's most aggravating of all is that they are extremely rare and only drop after you have done all 3 isolation vaults.

These full vault runs take around 45-50 minutes with all the dialogue that stops progression before going to the next phase. The same goes for Necramechs who have very small hitboxes and the people who constantly drop out after 1 vault run because they're only farming Necramechs. Then there's the bugs that sometimes ruin a run.

Then there's the actual value of even doing these vault runs. I have so many Matrixes that I don't even know what to do with them, I fully reached Necraloid's syndicate and bought everything a good while ago - the new Necramech mods were a nice addition, but I've bought them all in the same day they dropped. I also have bought and built everything from the Entrati syndicate - only exceptions are 5 fish thropies I'm not too bothered about and the Grandmother stuff I really don't care, so outside of Cortege, there's no reason to even run the vaults anymore.

Every time I see freaking Relics, of which I already have thousands upon thousands of which, it feels like the biggest slap in the face. At least if they were the rarest resources of Cambion Drift, while not ideal, I could trade them for tokens and then get Grandmother stuff at least, the way it's now I don't even know if I will ever use these Relics, which are useless for me at least.

In the end, it's a very long and tiring string of missions, which you can only do 1 full run every cycle and doesn't reward you for all the effort and trouble. I hope someone from Digital Extremes reads this thread and can adjust the rewards accordingly. A few good ideas are:

- Separate the Cortege parts into the 3 vaults, like Barrel in 1st vault, Receiver on 2nd vault, Stock on 3rd vault;

- Increase the % drop chance, just like Scintillant;

- Substitute all the Relics for a good amount of the rarest resources - like rare Conservation tags, the higher the vault, the higher the rarity and amount.

Basically 2 or more of those ideas would help alleviate the grinding for this weapon quite a lot. After trying for so many hours, I just bought them, as the fact that spending more time on something that may require 100-500 runs, each run taking around 1 hour, meaning 100-500 hours just isn't worth it.

Even Destiny 2, which a lot of people complain that takes grinding to a whole new level, at least has a formula that increases the drop chances of most hard to drop items the more you do an activity. Something which people have asked that Digital Extremes do for years, but no one at DE has ever talked about in any Devstream afaik.

I don't have a problem grinding for something, but I at least want to know that I'm progressing towards that something. If it's 100 runs, it's a long time, but at least I will get it eventually. The way Cortege's parts drop chances are now and the fact that even if a part drops, it can even be a duplicate part, it's just too much uncertainty to even be worth grinding.

11 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Cortege is mediocre. Not worth the grind unless you really like flamethrowers.

And variety. Using the Mausolon most of the time tends to get stale, give the mech some extra spice and character with something else.

On track, but yeah you only have a 5% twice in a Tier 3 Isolation Vault to get the Damaged Cortege components is painful.

If you have already noticed, there are some destroyed Necramechs and even their Corteges lying inside the tunnels. They could make the wrecks interactable and allow us a chance to get:

• Necramech Mods
  • Damaged Necramech Parts
  • Damaged Cortege/(If possible in the future any other Necramech Weapon) Component

Makes them less of a decoration and more of encourging exploration to find and salvage the wrecks.

It's a flaming trashcan on a stick. I must have it! It's just that the farm for parts feels even more abysmal than old school void key farming, given how much useless grind you have to go through, just to get to the part of the content that can even drop the parts you need.

If the drop rate is going to be that low, I wish they would put the parts into a more accessible activity, like one of the endless mission modes.

Archived