Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Lore about the Heart of Deimos and Reliquary Drive

lukinu_u

During the Heart of Deimos quest, you have to protect what is actually called the Heart of Deimos, a giant heart with veins connecting to the room and a void energy aura. We ony see mechanical parts, but it really seems like a real living heart covered Orokin technology to protect it.
According to what is said during the quest, this heart is what power all Void related technology made by the Orokins.

Now, let's think about the Reliquary Drive in our Railjacks. The thing is a giant finger inside what looks like legacy Orokin tech (like the Necramech), and is powered by a Void key found during the Rising Tide quest. The device is used to perform a Void powered quantum drive.

So here, we got a giant heart that provide power to every void powered things in the solar sytem, and a giant finger that use void energy for fast traver across the solar system. It really seems related, isn't it ?
Do you think both come from a giant creature that could understand and control the void ? Do you think it's a whole specie and there are more like this ?

I'm curious about what you guys think about it, I searched but found no one talking about it while it seems like an obvious connection.

I don't believe the Entrati when they tell me that this one heart powers all Orokin void tech in the entire universe. 

The body parts most likely are from something strongly linked to the void. So the finger on the railjack lets us tap the void. The heart on deimos, let's us tap the void. Other possible parts in other possible orokin tech lets them tap the void.

The heart is one of many sources.

il y a 16 minutes, AetherClock a dit :

I don't believe the Entrati when they tell me that this one heart powers all Orokin void tech in the entire universe. 

The body parts most likely are from something strongly linked to the void. So the finger on the railjack lets us tap the void. The heart on deimos, let's us tap the void. Other possible parts in other possible orokin tech lets them tap the void.

It's true we can't just trust them, but we got proof from that when the heart was severly harmed. When it happened our Warframes lost their powers, which is the reason we had to use the Necramech in the quest.
Maybe our Warframe pull their power from the closest source of Void energy aviable, which was the heart while we were on Deimos, but this would mean every planet has one of these, and I honestly doubt it's true.

What is interesting though is our Tenno weren't affected while they powers come from the Void, but maybe they have some similarities with the giants creatures that connect to the Void, but aren't strong enough to provide power to their warframes ?

9 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

It's true we can't just trust them, but we got proof from that when the heart was severly harmed. When it happened our Warframes lost their powers, which is the reason we had to use the Necramech in the quest.
Maybe our Warframe pull their power from the closest source of Void energy aviable, which was the heart while we were on Deimos, but this would mean every planet has one of these, and I honestly doubt it's true.

What is interesting though is our Tenno weren't affected while they powers come from the Void, but maybe they have some similarities with the giants creatures that connect to the Void, but aren't strong enough to provide power to their warframes ?

To be honest it’s probably all stolen from the man in the wall. This his stuff that robbed from him. He is probably some eldrich being that has dominion over the void. Maybe their are others maybe he is the void itself and these body parts are just physical manifestations that he uses to physically interact with the environment. The man in the wall is almost probably responsible for intentionally making explorers go mad, while he spared the Tenno children and gave them a connection to him and his void powers to a degree for some crack end Gail he has up his sleeve. He seems like the type of guy who would mess with the whole sol and tau system just because he’s bored

It does look like the heart functions as essentially a giant pump - much like a regular heart. But it taps into that giant void portal behind it and channels that energy through... some sort of ley line system (Solar Rails?) into all void-operated machinery. That "Cosmic Clock" we see in Loid's chamber probably also serves some crucial purpose, but I guess we have yet to see exactly what that purpose is. But it's clear all this tech is directly piping in from the Void - the void portals always being close by. Maybe that creepy orb in the Tower also serves some sort of critical part in this process.

When the Heart is disabled, the energy is still there - we just can't use it because it's not being directed into us. That's probably why our Warframe works just enough to crawl out of the depths, since it's not entirely shut down, it just can't channel the Void anymore. 

Knowing how we've seen more and more of what Orokin tech is like inside, it's probably likely that the Heart is biomechanical, and may be an actual heart under all that machinery. It's still possible the Entrati Orokin engineered it from the ground up, using the bioengineering prowess the Orokin have demonstrated before. But then again, Void stuff is usually mega-shifty in what's going on with it (I'm still thinking Kuva has a connection somewhere in this mysterious web), and the Requilary Drive is basically just a giant, mummified finger. And to add another point to the "dismembered void being" theory: at the Second Dream, our Operator remarks on when they were trapped in the void, someone claiming that "There's something out there, watching us". The Man In The Wall always felt to me like he *is* the Void, the Void itself being a gigantic, nebulous consciousness - but as we've seen with more freaky organs and body parts being connected to complete Void use, it's possible he's just one of many, and the Orokin being Orokin, they just took these beings and ripped them apart to use in their machines. 

I still feel like the truth is far different than what anyone is thinking, D.E.'s brilliant writers working hard to make it a twist even greater than when we discovered our Operator - but I guess we won't know for sure until some big content update. Duviri Paradox sounds like it might finally elaborate a lot on The Void, that horseman we saw in the trailer either being a smaller void being or a Dax simply trapped in there so long he's mutated into that weird skeletal figure. 

2 hours ago, AetherClock said:

It's implied that the Heart does a lot more than that, specifically it keeps Wally from invading realspace

6 hours ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

The man in the wall is almost probably responsible for intentionally making explorers go mad, while he spared the Tenno children and gave them a connection to him and his void powers to a degree for some crack end Gail he has up his sleeve. He seems like the type of guy who would mess with the whole sol and tau system just because he’s bored

It is very possible the Tenno kids went mad and killed the adults thinking they were hunting them. Paranoid delusions and all that. Would also explain why the Orokin were immediately wary of them and considered killing them. Kids went psycho in the void. Killed their own parents. Devils.

But dang they got void powers and we could  use that. And IF (MAJOR IF) the Orokin void tech is all powered by the Heart, then some crazy kids that can use it without needing a connection to said Heart could be powerful tools.

6 hours ago, Librus_MT said:

When the Heart is disabled, the energy is still there - we just can't use it because it's not being directed into us. That's probably why our Warframe works just enough to crawl out of the depths, since it's not entirely shut down, it just can't channel the Void anymore. 

Ah, of course, it had NOTHING TO DO with the giant gaping holes from the cinematic... nah, it's ALL the lack of Void Energy... Never mind the fully functioning Void Powered Necramech you use instead...

EDIT: Oh, and it's not like Loid doesn't explicitly call out that our Warframe has been severely damaged...

Also going back to the second dream, we powered the transference pod on our own ship with void energy we channel into it. So if the Hear of Deimos powered ALL Orokin void tech, then that would not have needed us to zap it up to power. It would have been working normally cause the Heart would have been powering it.

I swear to god, lore at this point is in full meme mode. I'm assembling my railjack currently, and can't take dramatic cephalon Cy flashbacks about Old War seriously due to fetishist fanservice atmosphere this update radiates. How and when infestation went from twisted flesh mutants to gaping worms and whipping tentacles?

20 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

I swear to god, lore at this point is in full meme mode. I'm assembling my railjack currently, and can't take dramatic cephalon Cy flashbacks about Old War seriously due to fetishist fanservice atmosphere this update radiates. How and when infestation went from twisted flesh mutants to gaping worms and whipping tentacles?

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but scabs and cysts excite me.

I think at the moment everyone is sitting on their theories until we've uncovered all 8 of the necraloid rune lore segments. There's a lot of implication to unpack in them, and each tends to end on a bigger wham line than the last. From what we have so far though,

Spoiler

Albrecht Entrati was probably the first person to uncover The Man in the Wall, though there's a more fringe possibility that he might BE the Man in the Wall, in a manner of speaking.

Archived