Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox: Bosskiller Support Build

AreeSoothsayer

Question

24 answers to this question

16 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Perhaps you need to read the original comment. He REPLACED Equinox's 4 with this.

Not anymore. Once I was told that power color affects beginning form I turned it pink and no longer need her 1 and wast beginning energy doing it.

Course my build doesn't have effiency so it's very situational that I use it at all.

On 2020-09-08 at 1:01 PM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Ok, then why Equinox? What does equinox have available that makes this the frame for heavy support with a rifle. I think it's safe to say that other frames offer a higher damage bonus than equinox's day form. 

It's her 4 buildup. You activate it, kill and get kills in the radius, and build up damage. Then, you release her 4 and nuke everything

2 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

Equinox's "starting" form is determined by energy color.  If I understand correctly, you're using only Day form abilities, so you could replace Equinox's 1 if you wanted to, provided your energy color was one that started in Day form.

Wow. I did not know this. Turns out Pink is a day color. =3

16 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Could not use 1 skill since that would lock into night form.

Equinox's "starting" form is determined by energy color.  If I understand correctly, you're using only Day form abilities, so you could replace Equinox's 1 if you wanted to, provided your energy color was one that started in Day form.

28 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Oh nice well that was a good move to include some range. 
As for Sonar, AoE triggers it lol which makes it really friggin broken, basically it triggers resonance which casts more sonars on enemies and the poor enemy cops about a 5000% dmg buff against it which is fun.

Yup, sounds like a bug. So someday it'll be fixed.

11 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Hm? Nah. I took a Pwr str cut for added range. If they're in the Power Str aura they'll get the buff, unless a wall or massive tree blocks it. I did not know roar could be blocked that way.

Edit: Roar 47.5m, Provoke 30.4m

I did some checking on Banshee. Indeed some seriously boosted damage.... for pinpoint stuff. I don't think explosives or AoE powers will take advantage of it. Which is balanced. Mine's more general. AoE or Pointpoint focus. It's all good if it deals the hurt.

Oh nice well that was a good move to include some range. 
As for Sonar, AoE triggers it lol which makes it really friggin broken, basically it triggers resonance which casts more sonars on enemies and the poor enemy cops about a 5000% dmg buff against it which is fun.

8 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well either way, it gives a massive team boost and resonance the augment essentially stacks that ridiculous buff multiple times. I'm going to assume that given the roar your nox build would require them to be quite close to receive the buff as well.

Hm? Nah. I took a Pwr str cut for added range. If they're in the Power Str aura they'll get the buff, unless a wall or massive tree blocks it. I did not know roar could be blocked that way.

Edit: Roar 47.5m, Provoke 30.4m

I did some checking on Banshee. Indeed some seriously boosted damage.... for pinpoint stuff. I don't think explosives or AoE powers will take advantage of it. Which is balanced. Mine's more general. AoE or Pointpoint focus. It's all good if it deals the hurt.

3 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Ah. Haven't used Banshee in a coon's age. So of course I wouldn't know.

Well either way, it gives a massive team boost and resonance the augment essentially stacks that ridiculous buff multiple times. I'm going to assume that given the roar your nox build would require them to be quite close to receive the buff as well.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Firstly I wasn't aware there are any troublesome enemies or bosses in this game but if you would like an example how about casting 1 sonar once for a 1600% damage bonus? And if that's not considerably overkill enough for you, you can use Resonance to multiply and hey let's chuck Marked for death in there too. That way we can kill them harder.

Powers from 3 different frames. Didn't know you could do that.

14 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

.... Equinox day3. Team Buff.

Roar, Team Buff.

Equinox 2 skill. Enemy incoming damage boost Debuff.

2 = Part of bosskilling.

3 = Team Buff

4 = Only choice left.

Dayform 3, kill till max bonus. Use roar for 80% outgoing damage boost nearly doubling everyone's outgoing Weapon and Power damage. Then tag a troublesome enemy or Boss with 2 skill so it takes 165% more damage.

1000 Base hit, + Roar = 1800 x 265% = 4,770 making it a total 477% damage boost

You try and find another frame you can do that with for the ENTIRE TEAM, All Allies, companions don't gain anything from Power str but it still increases their overall Dps.

Firstly I wasn't aware there are any troublesome enemies or bosses in this game but if you would like an example how about casting 1 sonar once for a 1600% damage bonus? And if that's not considerably overkill enough for you, you can use Resonance to multiply and hey let's chuck Marked for death in there too. That way we can kill them harder.

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Let me get this straight, you got rid of your most powerful ability to give yourself a bit of a weapon's buff? 

.... Equinox day3. Team Buff.

Roar, Team Buff.

Equinox 2 skill. Enemy incoming damage boost Debuff.

2 = Part of bosskilling.

3 = Team Buff

4 = Only choice left.

Dayform 3, kill till max bonus. Use roar for 80% outgoing damage boost nearly doubling everyone's outgoing Weapon and Power damage. Then tag a troublesome enemy or Boss with 2 skill so it takes 165% more damage.

1000 Base hit, + Roar = 1800 x 265% = 4,770 making it a total 477% damage boost

You try and find another frame you can do that with for the ENTIRE TEAM, All Allies, companions don't gain anything from Power str but it still increases their overall Dps.

1 minute ago, Firepotato32 said:

If it’s a build purely for that, why not? You can put an infused ability on only one load out. 

Ok, then why Equinox? What does equinox have available that makes this the frame for heavy support with a rifle. I think it's safe to say that other frames offer a higher damage bonus than equinox's day form. 

Archived