Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily login Boosters - can we please delay them until we actually log in again?

IamLoco

For me, it´s always 2.am European time when the day resets and we get our daily login rewards.

I am usually just about to go to bed at that time.

So I either setup an alarm to WARN me when it´s close to 2 am or I log off earlier.

Why?

Because of the timed boosters. We cannot claim them when we ACTUALLY log into Warframe, once we see the daily login page we automatically get the reward. 

But why on earth would I need a 12 hour affinity booster, credit booster, drop chance booster... when I am just about to go to bed? If I get that booster at 2 am, and I am just about to go to sleep, the booster runs out before I get the chance to log in again.

Let me claim it when I get up, log in and want to actually play again.

This is really a pain in the Youknowwhat. So I log off at 1.59 am and cancel everything, just to make the most out of the booster that "might" or might not come. Is this what you intended, DE? Make people leave the game at a certain time?

Please rethink this system. Let us get log in rewards when we actually log in, not during our running sessions when we are just about to log off.

23 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

Please rething this system.

The point isn't to give you all the boosters you need. If you want boosters at a set time, pay platinum. People are more likely to buy boosters if the login ones stay as they are.

• Just login for more days. As that number increases so does the booster duration. Mine last about two days now.
  • Giving people that most need boosters easy access to free ones could cost DE money. 

They wouldn't be timed boosters if you could hold them til you could maximize your advantage. As far as I've seen recently, the time was extended so it would last almost a day and a half, so your going to be sleeping right after you get it or some point in between getting it and losing it, the amount of time is functionally the same unless you open it and don't visit for days. 

As a daily incentive, there's no rational obligation to make it more accessible, maybe you use it, maybe you don't. If you want boosters that are there at your leisure, you pay for them, the incentives are there to bring you back, not eliminate the earning measures available for the developer. 

We should get the daily login reward when we actually log in on a new session, not while we are still logged in on the current session. I have the same as OP, I stop playing close to reset time so I don't trigger the next daily login reward. To be honest, I don't really mind as it is time for bed anyway.

1 hour ago, BahamutKaiser said:

They wouldn't be timed boosters if you could hold them til you could maximize your advantage. As far as I've seen recently, the time was extended so it would last almost a day and a half, so your going to be sleeping right after you get it or some point in between getting it and losing it, the amount of time is functionally the same unless you open it and don't visit for days. 

As a daily incentive, there's no rational obligation to make it more accessible, maybe you use it, maybe you don't. If you want boosters that are there at your leisure, you pay for them, the incentives are there to bring you back, not eliminate the earning measures available for the developer. 

You missed my point.

The problem for me is, that we get the "daily login reward" while we are still in our session - and not when we log in again.

When it´s 2am here, the daily login screen will just appear, including the rewards and boosters. It would be better if we actually had to re-login to get them. Not just before we log off.

7 hours ago, MagnasWill said:

DE wont change it because the way boosters currently works (from daily login) is to force the player to take use of it and play for longer, for fear of wasting it. It's a simple bait to trick the mind of the weak into buying more boosters since it's "cheap".

This is fine but if you play in EU, your daily log in rewards are between midnight and 2:00am so if your last mission of the day goes over time, you get the log in reward, you go to bed anyway, wake up, shower, get dressed, go to work and by the time you get home again the 12 hour booster has expired. So it doesn't even work for purpose of extending play time.

Like the OP, I try not to go over 11:59pm. Its not going to encourage me to extend my playtime because I have to sleep and work. It just means I get no value out of 12 hour boosters from daily log in rewards. At this point I'm used to it though.

Right now, I build up a back log of stuff I want to do and buy a booster for it. So I forge a bunch of new frames and toss them into the pile of stuff I want to level. Then when I have a bunch of rank 0 weapons and frames, I buy a booster on the weekend so I can level them all in one go.

Same with resource/kuva farming. I don't even bother farming kuva unless I have a resource booster.

8 hours ago, MagnasWill said:

DE wont change it because the way boosters currently works (from daily login) is to force the player to take use of it and play for longer, for fear of wasting it. It's a simple bait to trick the mind of the weak into buying more boosters since it's "cheap".

And how is that not ageist the law?

17 hours ago, IamLoco said:

For me, it´s always 2.am European time when the day resets and we get our daily login rewards...

....Let me claim it when I get up, log in and want to actually play again.

This is really a pain in the Youknowwhat. So I log off at 1.59 am and cancel everything, just to make the most out of the booster that "might" or might not come. Is this what you intended, DE? Make people leave the game at a certain time?

Please rethink this system. Let us get log in rewards when we actually log in, not during our running sessions when we are just about to log off.

It is set up that way intentionally because DE cares about you and your health. They want you to log off and go to sleep. They know that staying up late, playing video games into the wee hours negatively impacts not only health, but scholastic and work performance.  You should be thanking them.

They care about us in America more, though.  I have to set my alarm and get off the game in the early evening which forces me to spend time with my family and doing stuff that needs to be done like laundry and dishes.  Thank you, DE! Without you, I'd be living in a trash heap of pizza boxes, dirty pots & pans, and piles of invested, stinking clothes!  

Archived