Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the advantages of having your own clan? (even if small)

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

Question

So 2 years ago i made my clan with a friend to get all the weapons and things that can be made there, but then we just stopped playing and just now we came back and i just noticed how much resources some of the stuff requires for example Hema that weapon requires so much from a certain resource( i dont remember the name) or the lenz that needs a lot of fieldron samples which both me and my friend dont have enough, together we have just like 2500.

So, do you get anything different from having your own clan than if i joined another clan with all the research, also do i lose everything in my clan( will i lose everything i built and the resources) if i change to another clan?

18 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Also the resource booster events are mostly anniversaries and updates right?

No real date for them.

They happen very rarely, like, once a year. Everyone tries to makes the most of it when it's active.

2 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Yeah, it's bad doing that because it means you did not do anything to get that and actually i dislike getting things without doing anything.

Don't worry too much over it.

The clans actively recruiting are already done with their researches (except for pigments, in most cases).

Most clans in recruit chat are just looking for active people to play together, engage in conversations in clan chat and help each other out occasionally.

Active people ranging from "playing daily" to "playing once every two weeks".

22 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

So 2 years ago i made my clan with a friend to get all the weapons and things that can be made there, but then we just stopped playing and just now we came back and i just noticed how much resources some of the stuff requires for example Hema that weapon requires so much from a certain resource( i dont remember the name) or the lenz that needs a lot of fieldron samples which both me and my friend dont have enough, together we have just like 2500.

So, do you get anything different from having your own clan than if i joined another clan with all the research, also do i lose everything in my clan( will i lose everything i built and the resources) if i change to another clan?

BP for weapons/mounds of pizzas and cyphers, dock for your railjack, trading, people who put up with you ...

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Clan

The things that made me decide to have my own clan:

1. I don't like using the menus to fast travel to the labs/other important rooms.  I want them orderly and easily accessible from spawn.  Many of the other clans I have been in have sprawling, maze-like layouts that are annoying to get used to (to me.).
  2. I don't want to guess where the trade post is, I want it front and center in the spawn point for easy access.  I hate getting invited to someone else's dojo for a trade and the trade post is a teleporter + 6 maze rooms away from spawn.  I came for a business transaction, not a grand tour.
  3. Decorations are nice.  My main hall is at max capacity.  Dojos that look nice because of all the intricate things they have built, but are a pain to navigate through because the designer had no sense of space are only nice to look at/tour through once.  Not every time you need to do something at the dojo.
  4. A LOT of clans have hundreds of members but only a tiny handful of contributing members.  I always contribute to the clan I'm in, so it's frustrating to me for the costs to be at Moon clan level while the people contributing are at Shadow clan level.  I'd rather have a ghost clan and just do the research myself.
  5. Compounding the above point is the fact that some clans withhold even starting new research projects until other demands are met.  I was in one that wouldn't start the new weapons that came with Fortuna until the members had filled out the new pigments for dojo colors.  I'm not going to have some power tripping clan leader refuse to let me get the new things out of the dojo until I do what they say because they don't trust me to contribute.
  6. Similar to the above point, but enough to warrant its own: Some clans won't move you to a rank where you're allowed to use the labs until you donate the things they want to the dojo.  I fully understand the work and resources that go into a clan and wanting members to contribute.  I also think it's bad form for a max rank warlord to expect some MR7 to farm resources without a meta set-up for hours on end just so they can have access to the labs.

If none of that sounds like it would bother you, pretty much any clan will suit your needs.  If it sounds like a nightmare, grow your own clan and join an alliance.

9 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

what does this exactly mean, why too early? because of the amount of resources needed? yeah i was like rank 10 but why too early, also i'll have to move everything because of Railjack, because before i took a break from warframe it didn't exist so at that time i did not have to leave space for it.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

I think the theory is starting a clan before you finish at least Sedna is 'too early' as you have yet to fully establish the Warframe and loadout most efficient to farm resources for the Clan.

Claudija is spelling things out much more nicely than I would naturally. 

There's a resource grind in Warframe that's indefinite. You could always donate resources to your dojo. Or sink them in Helminth. Or use a finite amount of them on personal development, i.e. prime weapons/frames/etc. You're dealing with having to use resources both to become stronger- more specifically to maximize your time spent farming with a Nekros and Smeeta Kavat, and a constant supply of plat for boosters ALONGSIDE Helminth sinking to become stronger ALONGSIDE Kuva lich taxation ALONGSIDE clan research goals. 

By joining another clan, I had the benefit of using 100% of my resources towards personal development. After doing that for so long, the prospect of farming, fighting or anything else was trivial because my capabilities scaled high enough. In your case, you're competing on multiple fronts at once which intensifies the grind and muddies the clearness of what it is you're doing. Building the clan builds you and stopping building the clan builds you. The only answer here is to grind. 

what does this exactly mean, why too early? because of the amount of resources needed? yeah i was like rank 10 but why too early, also i'll have to move everything because of Railjack, because before i took a break from warframe it didn't exist so at that time i did not have to leave space for it.

I think the theory is starting a clan before you finish at least Sedna is 'too early' as you have yet to fully establish the Warframe and loadout most efficient to farm resources for the Clan. Personally I made House Markaneth the second the game allowed me and only made one rebuild to follow advice on a lab-focused Dojo.

I did it solo too, all rooms, research and have 0 regrets about it heh but do take the Ghost Clan advice as it is way cheaper.

Helminth is seen by some vets as 'too early' as it overwhelms new players even some vets struggle with it due to its vast resource sink. So you're MR10 say, you want to start a Clan oh wait there's this Helminth thing that needs all my.. but I need those resources for that boss new Warframe I like and oh yeah need a dog; it's chaos.

Best thing to do is choose what you focus on and go for that. So say the Clan; right ignore Helminth, use your favorite and most effective loadouts and work on the Clan- everything else comes later.

The main things are having your own place to do trades and stuff, drydock and if you're creative then you can do some amazing things with decoration.

I remember the ascension ceremonies you got each time you levelled up were a nice boost to the endo fund back when I was still trying to max out useful mods

hace 2 horas, (XB1)DarknessZeref dijo:

TOO EARLY

He mostly never plays now

If you're the Warlord, that's no problem. You're in the building stage, so find a new group of folks willing to contribute for a clan that won't kick them! As others have said, you can handle all the costs solo. Heart of Deimos made Mutagen Samples WAYYYYYY easier to get and that's coming from a guy that had to wait 8 months for a 2x resource booster weekend to farm with several people to handle the Hema. 5 days with a booster on Deimos farming ISO vaults and I have 2500. Sure the knux costs stupid cryotic, but it's doable in 100 extractors with a booster solo, 25-100 with a smeeta in tow. If you apply that logic to a full clan squad of 4 willing to donate, you'd need to run 25 extractors as a team and donate your shares to complete it in a single day (1-2 hours real time)!

I promise my clanmates permanent spots in the clan so long as they help out with pigments and since those are done, I'm sitting pretty with a clan average MR of 23.1 and 0 need to ACTIVELY manage the clan since we stayed a ghost clan the ENTIRE TIME. I never have to bother caring who takes 1-3 month long breaks because they're all strong regardless of when they come back and the research is all done. For all research yet to come out, they've donated significantly to the clan vault to possibly cover it and for what isn't covered- I buy a booster and don't rest until it's in progress (assuming my resource stores don't make up the difference). The LOWEST COST is ALWAYS OPTIMAL. Ghost clan size will give you the lowest burden of resource cost and I highly advice you never grow or wait to grow after everything is done.

My logic is that I need a 1)clan that won't kick me 2) I get to design and 3) Has all research complete. Since I can do that alone, I consider the 9 empty slots as completely free spaces for the people I play with regularly. Play a few public games and make friends. Now I have no stress of leading a clan and all the benefits of one. There are 9 folks with me who feel the same way. My BIGGEST issue with Warframe clans is kick-rules. I don't have to explain to you why I won't be playing a video game for x amount of time and I don't think the people around me need to tell me that either. This approach works EXTREMELY WELL. 

I feel like you are better off being in a developing clan you own than joining an established clan that can kick you over rules/drama/contributing. You made the BEST decision you could make in Warframe TOO EARLY, but I don't think that means you should stop, I think it means you should take your time and forgive yourself for the time is does take as the finished product will be worth it. Good luck! I'm also on Xbox, you can visit our dojo for layout tips! Efficiency is in everyone's best interest. Why waste forma building unnecessary rooms that make things harder to find? 

TL;DR: Founding Warlord is the best position to be in Warframe

hace 1 hora, (PS4)Quantaminum dijo:

(half that time if your friend helps you out).

He mostly never plays now and when he plays the only reason for him to do things is to just have a higher MR, for example he just made volt in tenno lab to just sell him after reaching level 30 with it. Doesnt even try them or check them he just get them and as fast as he levels thing he sells them.

So he doesnt contribute as much to weapons as i do, because for him almost everything in the labs is just a tool to get a higher MR.

Also in comparison to me, he is much lazier and has much higher luck than me, in warframe and most other games he gets things either on the first try or very fast while i have to do it a ton more.

And even though ive tried getting more friends to play warframe all of them leave the game, i dont blame them since the new player experience isnt very friendly and the grind is always hard.

hace 58 minutos, (NSW)BalticBarbarian dijo:

Ignis Wraith

I already got it 2 years ago so no problem with.

hace 59 minutos, (NSW)BalticBarbarian dijo:

I would be uncomfortable joining an established clan unless I had a good answer to this question.

Yeah, it's bad doing that because it means you did not do anything to get that and actually i dislike getting things without doing anything.

hace 1 hora, (NSW)BalticBarbarian dijo:

(especially if there are two of you).

He changed to laptop and only plays LOL now so its just me now but we have almost hald in energy lab and a decent chunck in other things. Mainly tenno and chem.

One of the advantages is that you can infact research everything - even the Hema - solo in a ghost clan. I was in a lazy 3/4 full 1/2 active and 1/10 contributing Moon clan when the Hema was released. Last time I heard they still didn't have it researched.

Member management is easier.

No real hierachy needed.

The advantage of having your clan is that you can do whatever you like with it, visually and layout wise.

If it's a ghost clan, it's super fast to complete researches. Bigger clans require more resources for researches, and if people don't donate (some often forget or are too stingy with their resources to help), then you won't be testing the new stuff any time soon. This happens quite a lot in a number of clans.

It's really important that your clan remains a Ghost clan, otherwise you just make things harder for you and your friend.

Fieldron sample is pretty easy to get. You might be lacking it simply because you haven't played the game a lot.

Overall, ghost clan is pretty easy to complete all researches. I've done it solo at least twice (took me a month each, including Hema, except for pigments because of that one-pigment-at-a-time BS) with resource booster.

Hema is a below average rifle, so don't worry too much about it. Just wait for a resource booster event, buy a resource booster and drop chance booster, hit recruit chat for a looting team and you'll get 5000 Mutagen Samples in 2~3 hours (half that time if your friend helps you out).

It depends what you want from that clan. You don't get any extra items from having your own clan (in fact, you might not be able to get Ignis Wraith research if you have a newer clan - not sure how it works on xbox). So if you join an established clan you'll get all the same weapons/frames for (practically) free. But the atmosphere in a clan will depend a lot on the clan's leadership and what they decide to do.

The clan I first joined (around MR5) was a bit odd: most of clan research was still incomplete, and the warlords decided to increase the clan rank (several times) without actually recruiting any active players to back it up. So we had a Mountain clan with 4 or 5 members. After trying to deal with that for a bit, I just left it and started a solo clan. Your experiences may vary, but you do have these odd cases.

As far as research goes, it's not that bad: most things are quite easy to farm enough resources for passively by just playing the game, the only research that caused me any trouble were Hema (5K Mutagen Samples) and Knux (20K Cryotic). but even those are very doable (especially if there are two of you).

As far as looking for a clan with all research already complete: you can certainly do that. But when I see the "looking for a clan with all research complete" messages in recruiting chat, there's always one question that pops into my mind: "What are YOU planning to contribute to this clan?" I don't know about you, but I would be uncomfortable joining an established clan unless I had a good answer to this question.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

You will lose everything and destroy your clan if the Warlord decides to. Ultimately 1 person must be in the clan for it to exist.

The benefit to having your own clan is power. You have no rules to recognize, but yours. You won't be kicked from your own clan. You decide the dojo layout and design as well. 

Generally speaking if you aren't in position to afford the resource costs and would rather join another clan, it's a great idea to be in another clan and buy the research long enough to start your own- which is what I did. I also started my clan 2 years ago in 2018 and earlier this year we finally completed all research including pigments, and pigments took the most time.

If you don't NEED the Hema right now, it might be in your best interest to get to farming and be glad you worked for every clan asset you leverage. Like you said, you came back after a years long break- no clan would allow you to take breaks that long and still benefit from it- other than one you own!

Archived