Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

October 2020 Riven Disposition Update Preview

[DE]Connor

3 hours ago, Sliv said:

The fact that rivens with low disposition still sell for hundreds of plats means the lower cap should be lowered, if anything.

Can't imagine the immense galaxy brain it took to come up with that take.

1 час назад, InForma1 сказал:

Please put Snipetron blueprint on Nabelus event as well!! I can't reach mastery 30 because i'm missing this weapon,  since it was related with the plague event and you put plague zaw on nabelus event, you should put snipetron as well!! We can't reach mastery 30 without it.

Bullcrap. Plague zaws were placed cause they are vluable rewards. Snipetron - not. 

Its not "MR fodder rewards", you know.  

On 2020-10-30 at 4:10 PM, InForma1 said:

Please put Snipetron blueprint on Nabelus event as well!! I can't reach mastery 30 because i'm missing this weapon,  since it was related with the plague event and you put plague zaw on nabelus event, you should put snipetron as well!! We can't reach mastery 30 without it.

More weapons and frames will come out, don't worry. Next content patch will get you MR30.

Am 16.10.2020 um 22:30 schrieb (NSW)Blankus:

So they changed riven adjustments so dispo wouldn't decrease as frequently and people would be happier. In the new and improved system it just feels bad to have a new and popular weapon from the get go. Gee, that's really not any better is it. 

This was one of the few things i still could enjoy, when a new weapon was released, checking it out i like it and if so, grind for riven and a good stat roll  , even i know that this stuff will get nerfed in couple weeks/month. i was looking forward to that. now its uselss , ive 50 unopend riven. lost my last interest in that game, i cant even remember when they did release something that made me happy and game a great gaming time. always nerf nerf nerf nerf.  Except bramma. This thing was great. 

Am 17.10.2020 um 00:44 schrieb Voltage:

I asked a power question, from an objective gameplay/stats perspective. Availability is unrelated. The infinite Combo convenience is nice, but that doesn't constitute almost half the Disposition. Let me show you how this feels in a practical sense.

Base Stats comparison:

unknown.png

Riven Mod comparison:

unknown.pngunknown.png

Builds comparison (I tried my best to make equivalent builds):

unknown.png

unknown.png

This is also assuming I don't run Naramon with Glaive Prime. If I do, I can swap Gladiator Rush for Organ Shatter or even more direct damage.

As you can see, the Xoris is outclassed in every area. The passive is the only thing it has over Glaive Prime, but it holds no practical real world performance candle to the Glaive Prime which has a much larger Disposition (1.22 vs now .65 from .50). Disposition is a flawed mechanic that holds little influence over the gear players go for.

glaive is only really useful because u can abuse the forced slash on throw. with the right riven u have nearly always viral +slash on throw and thats very strong but still a nieche way to play. its just not as convenient as spamming the melee button.

smooth transition to xoris: u can spam melee for all eternity and dont even have to worry. technically glaive has to worry bout combo dura.

i agree, xoris dispo is too low but since combo dura doesnt have to be modded for u basically gain mod slot(s) so accounting for that the dispo should be a bit lower.

On 2020-10-29 at 1:15 PM, Jarriaga said:

That means Riven value will be tied to the generation date of the Riven. I don't think that's on the table as it would punish those who happen to generate a Riven later while rewarding hoarders and old Riven dealers.

Honestly, that's a good counter argument. I guess all I want is a notice that dispositions changed. Someone shouldn't have to go into a mission and feel that something is wrong with their favorite gear without at least a heads-up first.

On 2020-10-16 at 10:38 PM, Voltage said:

Can we just remove Disposition? These arbitrary changes don't make Kronen Prime less compelling than a Telos Boltace. It would be way easier on DE and more fun and consistent for players if every weapon was a Neutral Disposition.

Xoris is a good example of the fundamental issue with Disposition. Glaive Prime for example has better stats, and Xoris still has the worst Disposition.

In 2016 you called these an "endgame modding option", but your actions punish players for using "endgame" mods on the higher end weapons (mostly Primes and variants with good stats). I don't understand how these can be "endgame" when you're punished for using them as such. If MR 8 can have access to Helminth that allows Roar's final damage multiplier to apply to any Warframe, then an "endgame" mod shouldn't be nerfed to the point where it's not even worth slotting. Please consider changes to make this system feel better to use. It doesn't have to be powercreep. You can make every Disposition ~1.00 and see the same weapon usage stats with a playerbase much more likely to sink their teeth into Rivens and feel better about their investment.

Voltage speaks for many of us.

I get the feeling that the brake and accelerator pedals are being used simultaneously with regards to the Riven system.

On the one hand we have Rivens that allow endgame customisation to squeeze that last drop out of a build. On the other hand, we have Disposition which exists to limit those builds? TLDR: Riven make strong. Disposition make weak. So which is it? Dev Team? Any answers?

If there is going to be this constant push/pull, get rid of Rivens... Can't do that though as it would be unfair on those who have spent real money on getting Rivens for the system that the team debuted to much fanfare.

I stand with Voltage in asking for the removal of Disposition. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

you make the mistake of changing the riven synergy every 3 months.
not interesting and difficult to keep track of changes. the person who sees these changes for the first time will not be impressed.
numbers 0.5-0.55 or 1.0-1.05 - looks funny, it does not change anything in the game.
change rarely, but very strongly. at the same time, a person must be sure that his riven will be relevant for at least 3 years.
1 year = 33% of weapon. full cycle = 3 years.
Why are you releasing a new powerful weapon with low synergy? little incentive to look for a riven for it.
you will not be able to nerf him (down) through the riven and will crash the game balance (your new idea "the steel path" is breaking. it is easy to play it. weapons without universal damage kill quickly).
you can change the meta by playing with the riven synergy.

• 2 months later...

Hello

I heave one big problem with the riven disposition for VECTIS, 1 out of 5 it is veeeery bad for stats given and the vectis is if not the best sniper in game but the only problem is the riven disposition and i cannot get any good stats for it. Can you PLEASE make the disposition better at least one more rank within the next update so i can use it...

Thanks

3 hours ago, ghoti0315 said:

It has been like 3-4 months already and you guys obviously DElayed your changes

I just want my arum spinosa to be usable come on

dispo changes arrive when new prime access arrives. so next change is up when octavia prime access launches probably.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived