Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simaris Standing Farming

General_Durandal

Question

11 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I farm standing on the Steel Path venus exterminate. a stealth scan is worth 300ish, and a normal scan is 150ish. I can max out my daily standing (mr 29) in 1 mission.

Ooooooooooooooo, that's a great idea.
Is 300 the max?
What if I go to the highest level Exterminate?
Will higher level enemies give more?

Fastest way to do it is to go to steel path kuva fortress exterminate and run all the way to the extraction point, enemies will run there due to how they are coded, then you can use ivara to sleep arrow them so they dont move and easily scan them all. Scan, kill them all, let them group up again, sleep, scan, repeat until maxed or mission complete.

35 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I farm standing on the Steel Path venus exterminate. a stealth scan is worth 300ish, and a normal scan is 150ish. I can max out my daily standing (mr 29) in 1 mission.

I haven't done much on the Steel Path,
so I did E Prime instead.
Was still getting 300+ per stealth scan.
Thanks dude. 👍

1 hour ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Level doesn't matter IME. Just whether or not you're detected.

One solo run through Adaro with a frame that can stay cloaked will max out your daily rep pretty easily, again, in my experience.

one of the reasons I do SP instead of just adaro is cause you can also get steel essense at the same time, which can be helpful

I do regular sedna spy.  Lots of people don't seem to realize, spy is basically an endless mission type.  I run loki (maybe controversial, but it's the only frame that can move quick while invisible, stay invisible, and still use gear), scan everything in a room, kill it all, move on to the next.  (It's important to kill scanned enemies, because when enemies spawn later in the mission, it'll teleport existing enemies first until they are all dead.)  If I'm not quite at my daily (mr28) by extraction, I can backtrack a couple rooms and usually get another spawn, enough to hit my target.  My last run took me less than 20 minutes.

When I refarmed all frames for Helminth I just did the daily targets on SP as Ivara and scanned regular enemies on my way to the target and to extraction. It felt more efficient to me to do both at the same time but I have no factual numbers to confirm that. Otherwise I find the Kuva Fortress method someone already mentioned decent in general.

Most targets spawn in capture missons. I use invisible Loki and scan just about any enemy, then capture, then get the Simaris target. You'll be at the standing cap very soon.

Also remember: the standing reward you get for handing in the mission to Simaris, does NOT count for the daily standing cap. So max for each day = standing cap + reward. Depending on your MR, you can make up to 40K each day.

And while has been said before, if you do a Simaris hunt the extra bonus will be "extra" if you max the daily standing before closing the mission (by returning to Simaris). So the way to get the most daily Simaris standing is:

1. Get a Simaris mission
  2. Capture all the Simaris targets, but don't return to Simaris
  3. Do a "stealth scan" mission (higher level enemies = more standing per scan) until at daily max
  4. Go see Simaris and close the capture mission

As an example, if your daily max is 20k and you get a "2 target"-mission with 5k bonus from Simaris: scan the two Simaris' targets (lets say 3k each => now you are at 6k total), do additional stealth scans in missions of your choice (lets say approx. 300 per enemy, so to get to your max of 20k you need 47 of them => now you are at your daily max of 20k) and then go and see Simaris (you get the extra 5k bonus for completing the mission => you are now at a daily total of 25k).

Getting all the accessories for the scanner speeds things up a bit (you occasionally get double scans etc.), but otherwise that's it. And killing enemies after scanning them avoids having them respawn in later in the mission (as "already scanned"). So the hardest chore is probably finding a build you like for doing the Simaris scans and the stealth scans (I go with Limbo and Ivara, but there are lots of great choices).

Hint: before Steel Path the arguably best "stealth scan" mission was Pago, since there is a sh*tload of grineer (one mission enough to easily max even 30k), there are "special" hard-to-get drops (Harrow Neuroptics and the 60/60 mods), the tileset is good for sneaking, spy missions don't have a timer and grineer don't have nullies. I am sure there are lots of other personal preferences.

Archived