Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

glassmaker 5 and nihil boss fight

AltairFerenc

It's pretty garbage.

Clues are too hidden as always, you walk too slowly as always.

I failed 3 times because even tho I jumped into the right answer I falled. 
The bossfight itself is the worst yet. not like you have to waste 5 resonance to get in and do the puzzle all over again you have no idication to what to do, you have no weapons, you get one hit an even if you make him valnurable for damage you don't take a full segment of his health.

Now I have no resonanace to get in and feel like you burned me out with this for over a year again.

DE PLS FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY DON'T MAKE A BOSS FIGHT EVER AGAIN YOU CAN'T DO ONE THAT IS GOOD IN GAMEPLAY WISE

I disagree. The bossfight was pretty okay. Took me 3 revives, but only because i had to activate my dark souls skills and start actually watching telegraphing of attacks the guy was about to do. He pretty much only has 2 attacks: a horizontal swipe, or vertical slam. Once you get it - its very easy.

But yes, the clue room was terrible. I spent 30 minutes in it and legit thought the clues were not loading in because they were impossible to find.
And i failed the timed puzzle because APPARENTLY i had to remember the rune symbol on one of the clues. Which i of course didn't - why would i?

I thought the bossfight was surprisingly creative given DE's other designs, telegraphed attacks that can be dodged definitely felt more fun that invulnerable nonsense of other bosses, and the scale and map was also pretty good. The clues were annoying tho, as usual.

53 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

I disagree. The bossfight was pretty okay. Took me 3 revives, but only because i had to activate my dark souls skills and start actually watching telegraphing of attacks the guy was about to do. He pretty much only has 2 attacks: a horizontal swipe, or vertical slam. Once you get it - its very easy.

But yes, the clue room was terrible. I spent 30 minutes in it and legit thought the clues were not loading in because they were impossible to find.
And i failed the timed puzzle because APPARENTLY i had to remember the rune symbol on one of the clues. Which i of course didn't - why would i?

Had this exact same experience with the crime scene. I ended up burning my resonance getting the fight unlocked because I didn't note the symbols on the bottom of the weave thing and did not realize that it wanted the shape in the middle of the circular bit of the legem for another answer.

The fight is not that hard but it wasn't fun. It gets easier when you realize you can just leap off the platforms aim gliding through the crystals or Nihil, and just chuck the crystal pickups point blank. This even reduces the platforms he destroys because he swings at the air. The fight is hot garbage though.

I enjoyed it quite a lot. And although the gameplay wasn't necessarily the best they've ever done, it was really interesting and immersive to have a boss fight that was integral with the story. Also for me all of his attacks drew out very intuitive reactions which is exactly how boss fights should work. I didn't seem to have any of the problems you guys had, but I did have a problem of my own. It was really easy to fall off the platforms, but that was no biggy.

To talk about finding the clues a bit, I found them all pretty quickly except one, which was hanging from the ceiling in that side part. That took me FOREVER to find lol, and when I did I felt kinda dumb.

Overall it kept me really interested. Super interesting plot. 9/10 overall. I even fought him twice.

way to aggravating for me.

the icons for the platform part practically smeared into the background. or the icons are way to subtle for me to pick up.
crime scene was annoying. took like 20 mins to find the items in question
and that boss fight.......
and im on the lowest settings possible. just yikes.

now i have to farm more shards and go through this hot mess again. (its possible i'm just having a really "off" day)

Personally i liked the fight as well, took me 4 revives to figure out his attack pattern, but in the end I nailed it, and really loved it. The reasons, as far as i can tell, are the following:

• Platforming. Utilizing our Warframe's mobility, as it is a core aspect of the game. I believe more fights should involve our mobility prowess.
  • Sentimental investment (not sure about the proper term). Personally, I like Nora, and the buildup of Nihil teasing the fact that he can get her glassed, as well as the reveal of her identity was a really nice touch
  • Followup on my previous point, the investment we got from those outcasts of each faction, playing around with the dogma of each faction and Nihil's ideology. It added a layer of depth to the factions (Ostron, Corpus, Solaris, Grineer) we desperately needed, making them appear not as a monolithic societal structure.
  • What I didnt like (at first) was the fact that I couldnt perform slam attacks to direct my fall during landings, but that's ok, it makes sense, since we're inside the Weave/Nihil's "digital space"/mind.
  • And the Boss Fight Music was dope af

11 hours ago, (PS4)isbergen said:

Boss fights should not be locked behind a token system (ehem -- Pluto, Sedna, Mutalist Alad). Makes me not want to do them. This game has enough damn grind for a lifetime w/o having to grind tokens to fight a boss.

The reason they do this is probably because of cases like mine. After I've fought said bosses for everything I needed, I've pretty much never fought them since. I'm almost at 2000 hours though just for reference.

While I think the fight is atmospherically nice, I play warframe to shut off my brain for a bit. The longwinded way to get to the boss isn't very fun (I suggest making the dialogue skippable).

Tried it four times - first I fell to the "didn't know exactly what rune was on the clue" circumstance, then at least two of three times to the instakill mechanics, which brings me to my main point of feedback.

After the liches, I thought the community had made themselves clear. With a full-HP Inaros, built to last, it isn't fun to get ones back broken in one hit. At least this fight has the counter of jumping away, though. Point still stands: instakills are not fun.

Oh, and Nora looks cool, I suppose. Trials will continue until outcome improves.

The boss fight is alright (you can't really make a balanced boss fight in Warframe without making frame choice irrelevant, which is often a terrible idea but at least it works in context here). But collecting the clues was the worst experience I ever had in Warframe - it was only five times in the span of a few months but that was already five times too many. DE probably wants players to notice the clues by their faint glow when you get near them, but everything glows much brighter from much further - stairs, furniture, floors, debris, the current renderer is just a billion light reflections everywhere. The slow movement wouldn't be so bad if wasn't for the clues being impossible to notice unless you're staring straight at them from very close, which means you end up going back and forth dozens of times, you have to comb through every single speck of dust to actually see the clues.

The bossfight is pretty garbage. You're tossed with nothing, all the bosses attacks one-shot you and the game did nothing up to this point to teach you how to fight him so it's literally guesswork. This is bad design, you can defend it, you can like it, bad design remains bad design. You're supposed to pick up on how to do the last encounters by doing encounters prior but there are no "encounters prior". And all of this could be forgiven if you could just casually retry the boss fight. But the fact it's locked behind doing the same mindnumbing "puzzle" time after time removes any chance of forgiveness.

People that enjoyed it and didn't find any faults with it, that's great for them and I'm glad they enjoyed it, but this is just garbage design and that's not up for debate.

13 hours ago, Tokugawa_243 said:

Am I the only one who does not seem to get any more resonance tokens after failing the fight? I am at 0/20, and even after 10+ missions no single token/glassed enemy in sight. Where as before, there were plenty.

I've got like 3 from 2 glass fissures... I don't even know why the hell we can hold only a limited amount.
If the limit wouldn't be there(20) I wouldn't be so angry because we could have hoard a f*k ton of them so I could have wasted days trying that garbage fight but noooo that would have made sense.

1 - clues can be found in litterally 2 minutes.

2 - shield gate mechanics makes the boss incapable of killing you if you are not one of those players who think Inaros is the only viable frame. You can kill him with litterally a starter frame at rank 0.

3- what to do in the fight is extremely obvious and the fight itself take less than 3 minutes.

I sincerely hate this fight... did it once on the first day - without knowing what to do.

Tried it again today, with a good idea of what I should do... still failed - will never try again.

I guess I can live without this sword...

Please DE, whenever you feel the idea to give us a fight which bypasses everything we earned in this game... just don't...

On 2020-10-31 at 8:42 PM, Tokugawa_243 said:

Am I the only one who does not seem to get any more resonance tokens after failing the fight?

Doesn't matter. When you spawn into the Crime Scene, instead of going straight ahead to the statue... turn around.

The big crystal which you interact with when you first complete the memory mini-game is subsequently added to the Crime Scene tile!

You can now access the fight directly, without Cephalite Resonance, and without having to go through the memory game.

It's a shame the devs didn't make that handy fact more obvious.

Exploiter Orb 2.0 except its shorter, and Nihil can actually kill you. A disappointment. The fight is pretty good as a mid combat mechanic per HP Bar depletion like other mmos but DE doesn't learn, they don't adapt. Instead they make a mini games. This is why players complain so much and some just leave without a word. Instead of making it a decent fight where he fights you like an actual boss and you gotta use 90% of what the game is to fight him, they remove the combat portion and keep 30% of it. I get it, we don't have the technical know how to bring weapons into the weave like Simaris but that should have been the point where Simaris gets some more light in warframe making use of the characters already in the game, then we battle Nihil, but you know, its DE can't have expectations right thats where we are.

After mashing my forehead against this stupid mission all night, I'm just going to say right here, that I absolutely loathe "Stupid Boss Monster Fights."

This isn't quite as horrid as the old Battletech console game that had the final boss monster be a giant Macross-sized mecha with a giant skull spewing fireballs and flaming tentacles, but it's waaaayyyy too damn like it. A moron monster at the end with an unstoppable attack that can one-shot your Warframe because... no specific reason. Which isn't lore-friendly in the slightest. It's a fight that makes no sense. It feels like you're pandering to the 13 year olds hopped up on Red Bull who are looking for a mindless Bayonetta or Nier boss monster fight, because "it's big and therefore it's cool."

Make no mistake, it's not!

Edit: The only way I beat this thing was to jump off the platforms every time he raised his sword and/or teleported, essentially cheesing the respawn mechanic. This doesn't represent superior tactical planning on my part. It's actually a failing, that I had to beat the boss monster with a game mechanic, rather than clever combat skill. It's no more creative than the first Knights of the Old Republic video game, where in the final boss monster fight against Revan's former apprentice, the only workable path to success is to run in endless circles around the outer edge of the map, and occasionally strike Darth Malak with the lightsaber. When you damage him enough that he goes to heal, you save your game. Again, this isn't superior strategy. You're beating Malak with a game mechanic the NPC can't do anything to stop.

This fight had that same flavour. The only effective way to win was to use a game mechanic to prevent the Glassmaker from hitting me. Essentially, I was using the respawn mechanic to instantly teleport myself away from the sword strikes. This is bad game development.

I would recommend in the future that boss monster fights build on experiences learned over the course of the adventure, and play like a natural extension of the skills learned in the course of playing the missions. Which of course means identifying the specific skills the player will need in the final fight, and making sure the missions leading up to that actually cover the required skills.

As a possible approach you might have considered instead of a Stupid Boss Monster Fight (yes, that's a phrase I use to describe these things,) you could have had some kind of similar tug of war to what you had. Glass the Glassmaker with his attacks before he glasses you. Or something like that. Essentially, using the mechanic the way it's presented as to subdue him, instead of dodging one-hit unstoppable sword swings. Keep the focus on the story event instead of a pointless combat mechanic you have to cheese to win.

Haven't been able to do the fight yet.
I skipped the stupid jumping puzzles in the previous chapters and so didn't realize I had to remember the clues before you even start the fight. 
I mean, do the old ones from previous chapters apply or is it the ones I picked up in chapter 5?

Not that it mattered much because using a controller on PC I very literally am not allowed to bullet-jump - just like in the relays and other neutral areas, my L2 opens a chat window and all I have is a single roll-jump using my dodge. 

After a few attempts at guessing wildly at the clues I ran out of the Cephalite-whatever resource and now have to farm more to run a jumping-puzzle fight where I cannot properly jump unless by some miracle I manage to rebind my controls without completely breaking them which has always been exactly what happened every previous attempt. 

Kinda cool that I can hate the fight even without even having tried it. 

You don't have to bullet jump. Consider the approaches. There's some raised portions on either side of the direct path, and those raised portions stick out farther. I usually just ran up the side and did a standard double jump.

As for cephalite, I recommend a Spy mission on Sedna. I use Ivara with the Rakta Cernos bow, which effectively gives me infinite invisibility. Do the mission and go to the exit zone and wait. At somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes, the glassed enemy spawn in. Depending on luck, you can can score anywhere from 3 to 5 glass per mission that way. It was tedious, yes. But I was able to clear three zones in quick succession this way.

As for the stuff you need to remember, the important stuff will be in  boldface, to draw attention to itself. If it's an object or a picture you know that picture, or a silhouette of that object will be among the choices you need to make. It's not hard.

Finally, when you clear the clues in the fifth crime scene, even if you die after the first attempt, a new crystal appears in the crime scene room which allows you to skip the glass sequence and go straight to the boss fight.

As for bullet jumping with controller on PC, I found an article on the Steam forums that might help. I'll post their text here:

=============
One-Button Controller Bullet Jump
I haven't seen anyone do this, but it's trivial to set up, and it makes bullet jumping a lot easier.

In Steam's controller UI, map one of the controller buttons to crouch, and map the same button's release to jump. You're done. Spam it while running around. Hold it down to slide for better control.

It works best if you don't have to interrupt movement or aiming.

I use the Steam Controller's right trackpad press/release for this. A regular joystick's center button should also be possible.

7 hours ago, Kitsushadow said:

I use the Steam Controller's right trackpad press/release for this. A regular joystick's center button should also be possible.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try this out for general QoL, although I can't say right now if altering the crouch button will gel with the setup I have thousands of hours' worth of muscle memory with. Worth a shot though.
I do know I can't spare the middle button (PS in my case) since that's where I have the gear wheel. 

Farming the resource is easy enough, although the cap of 20 is just....well, whatever. I just get a bit tired about the general DE approach where even trivial mechanics are frequently very difficult to intuit if you didn't pay full attention during (for instance) interminable searches for near-invisible clues while moving at the speed of a crippled sloth. 

Thanks for the tips in all events, I'll get it done. 

Archived