Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - Glaive Changes Megathread

SilverBones

vor 5 Stunden schrieb XaoGarrent:

It seems to be doing slash procs on manual detonation when fully charged in my experience.

Sure, it can proc status normally. So with good status you see a lot of procs. I tested with Falcor as I can easily change the eletricity to radiation and have only forced ele procs legt. There are only rad procs on „bouncing“ explosions and an added ele proc on manual detonations.

Falcor should be supreme now on Weeping Wounds at full Combo - having 2 „random“ procs + 1 forced ele on hit and another 2 randomon explosions. I need getting that volatile rebound, it just should be insane on groups

edit: Hm, wait, slash on explosions? I need to clean off the dust from Glaive Prime

• Changed Volatile Quick Return +100% Blast Radius to +3 Blast Radius

• Multiplicative radius increase was increasing Glaives with a high base radius to higherthan intended ranges.

Thanks. That was necessary. After working and putting my kids to sleep, I‘ll try that change and Glaive Prime‘s slash stuff out. That‘d be in like 11 hours

2 hours ago, 60framespersecond said:

I honestly don't understand the given reasoning for the Volatile Quick Return nerf.

But the change from +100% to +3 was a net reduction for all glaives, even the ones with the lowest range (4*2=8 before, now 4+3=7).

I agree with you. the radius bonus should be 5 at least, but DE nerfed all glaives while saying this is to prevent increasing Glaives with a high base radius to higher than intended ranges. The only problem was Xoris which had 18m radius with the mod. There is no reason to nerf rest of others.

Nice, Glaive Prime really does have forced slash procs on manual detonations.

You only see the slash one if the enemy survives the detonation, though. Also, containers always show the proc

Anyway, I used to just spam heavy slams on Arca Titron, which can go just a little nuts if you directly kill 1-2 mobs before landing. I tried swithcing on Silvia & Aegis, as I got a got Riven for it, but I just barely did that.

The glaive rework just changed my standard behaviour, thanks for that. The game feels quite a lot more dynamic now. Actually, I could have played like that even before the update, but I didn"t bothering trying, so this "thrown bone" made me wiggle my left mouse button, use a catalyst and maybe even gets me using another one :)

Last time I remembered the glave/gun combo didn't work with stances properly because the sidearm was in the main hand. It'd be cool if you somehow either switched the glaive and sidearm hand so you can still dual wield and utilise the stance animations.

It'd be great if I was wrong and it already did work tho.

The 29.5.4 hotfix to Glaives made the unfortunate change of removing detonation from a simple pressing of the melee button after a throw and reverting it back to the alt fire button.

This is a negative QOL adjustment that takes away from the flow and easy playstyle of charged throw to detonation that the glaive rework provided especially because chained throwing was still effortlessly possible via pressing and holding the melee button instead of a one press button detonation which worked particularly well when hold pressed after the glaive reaches its distance apex.

See below for mine and other agreeing user comments.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Glaive Changes & Fixes:

• Alt fire will now also Heavy Attack the Glaive in Glaive+Gun mode. The original design intent was to reserve Alt Fire for the Secondary weapon, but a scenario where Secondary Alt Fire is needed while Glaive is in flight over Heavy Attack is extremely low. Bringing parity to Heavy Attack input in Dual Wield and Melee Equipped modes is far more important. Thank you so much for all the excellent feedback!

• Alt Fire will Heavy Attack at any point during a Glaive's flight. Before, when a Glaive auto recalled after reaching its distance limit, it could not be detonated during its return.

• Fixed Glaives sometimes orbiting around you after recall. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/k00a5e/return_of_glaive_orbit/ 

• Fixed cases of consecutive Glaive throws failing. 

The Ability for the Melee Button to be used as both the Charged Throw Queue/Button AND the Detonation Button was exceptional and pivotal toward providing a seamless flow experience for glaives where one's finger need only to press one button for hold to throw then press again for detonation.  Now, in glaive+gun mode detonation is only achievable via the pressing of the alt fire button. That is, one can no longer detonate the glaive via the pressing of the melee button. Now instead, the melee button recalls the glaive instead of detonation.

As a glaive user that loved the changes/update before this hotfix, it is difficult to understand the real value of recalling the glaive with the melee button in actual gameplay especially because chained throwing was still effortlessly possible via pressing and holding the melee button instead of a one press button detonation which worked particularly well when hold pressed after the glaive reaches its distance apex.

The instances when it would be pertinent/convenient to recall the glaive via the melee button are few and far between. It would be more functional to have the alt-fire button recall the glaive. Please, can we return to the melee button detonation after a charged throw. That had better function and flow use in my opinion and is more valuable than the recall function. Detonation now being a separate button is clunky and takes away from the flow play style that the new glaive update provided.

Other Users Feedback in Agreement:

6 hours ago, TTraw said:

Agreed. Can we just swap buttons once more? Detonating with same key as melee is so much more comfortable. I literally started using dual wielding just so I can use melee key to detonate when I found out about it.

6 hours ago, DilBahadur said:

Seconded. Now it feels really clunky. On a different note, the update broke stealth damage multipliers for thrown melee and Ivaras navigator can not detonate thrown melee weapons with the same alt-fire key. Please fix that!

On 2020-11-18 at 1:23 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Glaive Changes

• Protea blueprints automatically at this point,
  • they should be tied to PVP and CETUS and FORTUNA or RELICS -because they are difficult to obtain in these tilesets they should be common findings or at least mod-cards which feature some of her photovoltaics or watever cards with temporary effects, and if you collect all 200 then you can get her automatically or other RNG things for players who already have her obtained or purchased,
  • Some people who already own her keys or have the BP through the marketplaces, in platinum version skin, and aughmented gifts and unique palettes or glyphs for exchanging later, they can get a free sub-ight, have already purchased her through the blackmarket? with platinum? mastercards?
  •  so its really bad reward system for protea if the players are forced to repeat the same task, its like playschool toys, they are great but alot of people just dont use them unless they are nearby and they have bored kids, but its plastic so thats why i dont buy playskkool. 
  • the point is that the protea and corpus loot system is too tight, glaive or not its bad, and maybe the only way to fix it or make it look cool is to have kitgun and k-drive really uptheS, put graphity and minifloofs to collect and exchange for other ventkid and cetus fish,  stuff to put on fishing spears bro, pvp and rellays would want you to go to other planets with corpus enemies and bountytag them into a points collection tax thingy, then you can try the elite version for really different ...amps and mods through sanctuary.....combat...
  •  and should be spread through other planet with corpus ships like fortuna in joke-items, challenges and protea appearances, this allows some of teh NPC and modes to be made into realistic things that can appear like vayhek and other BP as mods with negative effects and parts to exchange for amps comical
  • , say there is a fanatic or a shoppkeeper in the relay who takes all the deimos loot in exchange for some exclusive railjack and archwing parts, who has various cosmetics and gifties, kitguns which seem like protea and robotic versions,
  • sugatra and floofs should look like glaives,
  • more beachballs and suppersoakers rewards in regular missions would be really funny if ordis or cy started giving out these emails with junkmods and rivenshards occasionally.
  • extraction is a good place for CY and ordis, to give a break to lotus and glaive contrastisbutter.
  • without many loot types or reasons to get furioso, as it requires the glaive to release prissoners and get points to get some nicer loot which am proud of, but there shoudl be alot more things to say the cetus corpus+ and relay NPC, syndicates can get involved
  •  / points system and rewards made fun to include a bunch of stuff inside both tilesets and changes for the giant hand__should shoot at players and become defeated before it becomes useful, and should have a voice if being hacked, the zone features no protection for enemies like safety nets, or a bodyguard, allow players to solo and enjoy the modes within each room, and otherwise in that corpus galleon occasional grinneer and animals or parasites to take over weapons and hurt players so they defende, and learn how to react to glass and soundproof, metalwalls being shoot at, or the robotics and consoles will burst and cause fumes to become thick, so players cant stay in one area which is hinderring their playstyle, the corpus have filters A1-A9 weaponry and laser sight in the thick, or nightvision from their helmets woudl look really like laser-tag crossfire, and sprinklers, pvpmods dropping from regularmoabs, and robotics, warframemods_would aide zoom and movement protection temps, and anyways. enemies have awesome night modehacks, and anti-viruses, butt breaking vapors of colants icing the shevees, or shev. NICE, and water is drooling all over the fllooorinceraseing flames and slidding gets proc-butts, and temporary status benefits.
  • incinarating the power of glaive and warship
  • now the corpusshipunderfire is normal but can reduce mobility and melee combat is not always the smartest way to get wins, also the  energy is siphoned like fart, and drained for most players if they are in a dangerzone and have recently murdered through sneak attack or parazon a sleeper guard, and that is the way we crumbled the last air bender, or watever but some enemies dont have guns, so they just RUN and are ass-hats from butt-butt, and the doorways can be shoot and have HP bars and otherwise be hacked but doesn't mean they will open all the way, this only means that they can be partially open and used defensively, the robots can manage to hack computers or get keys from nearby bodyguarmen and lockers will be heavyly guarded by eggs and machines like the cugars, and robotdogs, or slime.
  • Braton SMG restructure - Prime / Normal / Passive / 3rd/zoon features / reload made features
  • NMRCE - ( NO MOD REQUIREMENTS ENHANCED COMBAT )
  • Arsenal Update - automata, passive traits, no mod required on all arsenal, temporary purchases, plat, endo, exchanges, and radio lofi-stations in the arsenal & crafting menu, it would be good to also unlock and get achiements while modding and customizing in the arsenal screen areas of other towns and planets would include other NPC,
  • giftshops and modules or challenges that will extend arsenal and modding, for instance the focus and polarities will have extensions like google chrome which can be parasites and leaches that reduce the effects of weapons and armaments,
  • penalties and beneficial effects will be based on the planets temperature, overheating, radar is blocked, and also _repairshops that include protection "magic" and temporaries, this can be bullets with partial effects, passives to borrow, rune_spectre/bodyguards/and robotics to rent, great for each faction and syndicate, if the players are caught in jail or have penalties will cause players to move and fight irregular, but the guards and parazon and lockers would make the position more interesting rewards and loot, reductons like the violent bursting of items and reactant regardless of the mission type, if u manage to get SOS and partial support from machine stations across the medicinal chanbbers, or manage to have a passive triggers occasionally REGEN and MACHINE SOS from hacking therefor and destroying traps and chambers, which also cause static problems when flying ARCHWING and while transference seemed like a cool idea, thus more after rewarding more endo and RNGloot and unlockables for collecting during the mission this can activate "+_RUNES" and also other mods and temps, regarless the players can get temp++ doses from items like syringes and boxes which normally pickups just grant bulles, they can be found on modcards with differnt levelsw to make recast and reloading more fun, yeah glaive.
  • disseases from fungi plants are taking over the guns in the forest, so is fungus and mucus because of that some guns shoot different patterns which transcribe to radars into SINEWAVES and are more RNG and combo based like devil_maycry
  •  and fungus, are wet and weapons JAMP, making muzzled SFX in those cases and crouching is moddifiying some SMG aspects of weapons.
  • & endo purchases temporary changing a weapons binary will make arsenal and nodes in navigations more interesting bullets and pickups to reverse or enhance the effects of passive traits, picking up endo will be a problem of competition and speed, since enemies will also target the loot, pickups , realistically there will be a robot and shield which will be like minning and its accuracy. i dont know anything about fishing so i cant help other than giving those players different effects near water or if they can carry a (fish) or that they 
  • / binocular combat features, i mean both.fortehwin.
  • (NMRCE) no modding required arsenal screen
  • use endo and platinum, similar to town NPC for the various machines and doors in the game's tilesets and the ships, especially the relays and towns which can seem boring and lack features could enhance combat or include a glinty things, k-drives and civilian blessings which could be magical, cards which the players can pocket or reuse, like those yugioh cardgames instead of just mooding (nmrce style windows enhance visits and doesnt require I.D cards or key knowledge of mooding, if the players just want to go to the armory and market place to enhance a regular relic mission or openworld navigations could include some of these shops over the radio enhancements and subquest or bounties, instead of just clicking a node, the players could enhance the missions, not just for steel-path but glaives too.
  • and can be used to temporary or reload features, crouch features, and P\S huds, platinum and market purchase enhancements or trial features from other guns or ravens makes sense then,
  • on primary weapons should also have their mod screens feature bonuses and combination "ALCHEMY" and is overridden and cured by FISION.
  • secondary enhancements and forma red, what can we achieve
  • glaives need magic or pet passives, robotics or archwing features,
  • what if we have some weapons include passive traits or items like octavia instruments and color paletes,
  • finally the most annoying ephemeral bonuses

- please amplify this task can be daunting because the man can dissapear really quick through a portal and is UNREALISTIC, a portal should appear or other smaller enemies who drop graphite and keys, minning supplies and coins or something interesting like the robotics and broken decorations to use in railjack there could be a trader who offers some parts and amps or interesting kitguns which  is too generic, but the players like that stuff they will keep trying to get arcanes and strong mods from entering the combat arena (hand_) or entering the portal, maybe if the jester exscapes he can leave behind the key and the players just get points from fighting teh regular enemeis in the ship and opening the lockers, scavenging the lockers and shooting at them would be loud enough to trigger the allarms, i just like the idea of shooting at lockers with my braton(n0),maybe it can have a passive added to overdrive like hte destiny2 [SMG armament] that have passive traits and growth channels, isia, usually players can equip particular mods for effectiveness, but alot of new players cant even throw a pebble. So the guns should have its temporary and radical effects, radial damage makes no sense either. Radial should include radars and minimap things, crouching is cool and slide also should accelerate or cause gyrations, bulletjjump is simular ways to agitate combat, so the SMG passive on braton could have some fire-rate and reload additions when the players use sOMSs, stances and when they enter other planets, since pizza,  or otherwise have a reload and pickup inscripted as permanent upgrades with the ranks, since the braton/prime has no particular secondary fire, bayonneta or passive traits, i considered the regular mod/screen should feature really basic endo upgrades and tangs which would be aughmented with the sugatras and other cosmetics in the future, this makes crouching a bigger feature on some riffles and kitguns more interesting and unrewarding if you like unrewarding, i liked the statues in the voidthing, i won 25 points once, then i got a decoration, but really all my teamers started complaining, another suggestion is to have some weather changes for space missions and smalelr uAughments added, which is like having teh whole concept of Energy resonate naturally to enemies as if they were eggs and ,  and other outfits for operators  would be great to see some corpus attire, or robotics and mods to make sense of the enemies who die in the air, they should house some smaller items and mods with simplicity they could be cloudy or broken ones like partially infested rivens and currupted mods with energy and focus emphasys.

The only problem i have with glaivesthat they are required to get points and loot

Last thing about glaives, If you can give them sword and duelist sense passives and form w/o requirements of energy and "cards" to give wings to the circular and 5pointed ninja weapon, i know Nesa would want some more augments and recast values so the abilities and combat of equiping simular weapons incluedes other enhancement sand of power, because Nesa is really fire orriented he can behave to the temperature conditions and addapt until the passives and temporary arsenal and mod polarities see a power update like i said, you can make use of knockback and ice ideas, healing, and stances to give passive effects withoiut having players  get bored, so that he/she can switch, borrow legendary weapons such as the EXCALIBUR and then give access to the power weapon that NESA HAS like the alpha / omega, parazon mods cross over, and more.

has one idea to make aerial attacks and throw adjustments to combat stance to switch the chakram into TWO sword daggers or weapons form, what do the weapons do if they are just on ur back, do they glow when standing or whistle when you jump? in towns and cities and at the orbiter, they have computer effects and other radio bluetooth connection which is revalent enhancing how they connect to nearby players and team-mates would give up bonuses and convert energy and bullets into useful matter, or watever, goodone to introduce CY and othe rNPC to new players if they grant temporary ffects after all, its free game for syndicates and looking cosmetic rewards, thankyou.

I have a suggestion about orvius.

I hope Charged throws can perform the Hover Attack.In my opinion quickly throws is not very common.In Glaive + Gun mode,if you want to Quick Throws, you must always pay attention to the sight .

If i chose orvius I hope to use its complaint capability as much as possible.Orvius Charged Throw Explosion only  4m if Orvius Can't launch  Hover Attack ,we  have to detonate precisely to counter Damage Falloff.This experience is less than before.

On 2020-11-18 at 1:23 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Xoris

hacking bonuses, scanning and detection, zoom combat improvements should reflect next jump and crouch attacks, iddle xoris should deflect bullets and defend tenno from bullets, or have uses in fishing and gathering, aughmented xoris can have minimap and data-collection features passive traits and temporary enhancements when the players crouching without a riven or while wall - running and latching happens or when players swich from walking and sprinting, taking damage, etc. the xoris should occasionally sing and include emojis or other unlockables, i don't like the modding system because its really elite and made for experienced players, the only problem with modding weapons and warframes is that theres no NPC who sells mods and they can only be found in the market and combat, but they have no effect until they areaquiped. so if the mods are not equiped then they are useless, even if the stances are = 0 endo, or endo is lost, or endo gives temporary feature or magic status effect, or passive to reload can be electric damage on secondary and primary weapons against body shots and aerial cumulus, granting players skins and repair jobs, cosmetics, minifloofs and pepsisoda back at home they are collectives to sell and give to the kids, but in combat they trigger me xoris so hard that i forgot to equip it before entering protea corpus and it fails to explode, so the safety word is protea lol, now there should be more graphic and thicc heavy attacks which sever enemies in halve f they are weak, decapitations, and throw frisbee , dog or team attack, or ephemeral to unlock if you throw it 4 times the player gains credits, and other like the hand claws and motorized weapons the players will require a fuelsource to no, not sure if the enemies drop anything we can "hack" or steal realquick theres alot of canisters and useless items that need other purposes and should make the weapons being thrown more interesting, alot of the problems with the xoris is other players with xoris equiped, that they are hard to find two xoris in one game, so the xoris should just be found being held at the stationed hand with various versions looking radical or cool the hand is basic and should have its own mind attacking players with turrets and being protected by unknown aura and shielding plates, or magic, the protector or key holding the gates and teleportation machines / rifts should include new mods and amp/kit/egg/alien pets and other fuelsources to make reloading and combat more interesting, i also think larger enemies infested should appear in the voidchamber like those guys from the void and guidence from cephalon simaris, this gives the corpus a twists if the players can find railjack and spacegrade materials nearby, temporary wepaons and culture, extraction with cy to give lotus breaks, depending on what you collect.

so this means that the melee kills should influence the loot and fanatics like syndicate combat introducing more enemy types and rewards or ways to collect points like the combo system in devilmaycry and other trade NPC on different relays and towns, since the orbiter in the future will have other "operators who are not humman" and a lotus things to make xoris feel like more than just a backpack frisbee, also just remember to give nesa and proteaa some reasononable activator when using abilities and or a passive if the players have exxess energy, not that they need to enter a trance like Destiny2 but this can be used to fire a few quickshots in combination without requiring some %boostercard or reaching down to get my creditcard / endo in the future when the blackmarket has a good reason to buy another glaive, if you already own it or have the BP, then you can get A_treasurebox, mysterybox_C, or B amounts of endo temporary ephemeral of platinum dominance and NPC shoppping gives me a good idea to give tattoes and glyphs out if the players collect so much fish, that they can use the xoris in fishing in cetus, and for extinguishing fires in archwing mode.

4 hours ago, WorldzCollapse said:

As a glaive user that loved the changes/update before this hotfix, it is difficult to understand the real value of recalling the glaive in actual gameplay.

The purpose is to chain throws without exploding the glaive. If the melee button (used for throwing) also explodes the glaive, chain throwing without exploding becomes impossible. Now, you might think "but throwing without explosion sucks". Nope. Not anymore.

This is a single throw from full health without heavy attack:ZGOJXWu.pngIn other words, purely throwing glaives is very viable now.

Glaive auto recalled after reaching its distance limit,

i think a photon feature will be good for glaives since they constantly spin they can snap pictures and scan targes also used in fishing and minning at high points, they could be used to fish and have meaning in bounties if they enhance loot and pickup orbs and packages from enemies and machines would be really interesting to see what \kind of rewards do playersget if they keep using one weapon type then the loot would be more tailored to each players and endo shops or whatever they like, i think stances are too basic and unrewarding still they are like advanced as opperating a airplane for the first time , to give the glaives more throwing and blocking features like the shields and swords and duelist weapons, how about a zaw and kitgun appearence retrofit mods and arcanes that drop from all corpus, this can be like totems that drop or can be found and can yield temporary energy and enhancements in bacon combat, and regular modes.

2 minutes ago, SnakeBadger said:

zaw and kitgun

if the glaives can be used for gathering and also enhanced by fish and minerals , then they would payoff with magic offerings.

additional attacks and procs, music changes, but what happens if teh players is hit or hurt, or defeated, the revive version , the enemy shoudl catch it once in a while but get really mutilated, so for instead recoil or instantly the tileset determined the -3 bounce in metallic surfaces causing friction build and heating up the glaive, so maybe the glaive can float nearby or above the head if the players are able to have autonomous flaive/glaive robotic or the kills produce gases they can be put for sale, and make emotes and other rewards, kitguns and zaws tailored passives, rentals, and outfits whiach glow/flicker and can be sandy and cool but at night smokey. a monkey shaped glaive on my backpack, it becomes green and organic in the oberon hands, and energy packages crimsom, the circular weapon is made from mooon and staligmites.

13 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

pleased

+2, also i think that the environments should cause disturbing throws andelemental fissures which can deter moemtn athrows realistic acustic combat introduce the shokbalances and values of bounce , recoil and loot , this way the glaive never gets boring if its used in a snow range and you can bring the polarities of each tileset to other maps like the impact and ele,mentalist tunics and magic, uh stalagmites and stalagtites, water dro[[plets the environments just seems dry and flicky, so its darldarkboi and theres no zombies or danger other than the enemies and occasional turret the caverns are a bit lacking if water or some rocks of lava flowing gasses or sometihng made the combat more challenging then the players woul dhave sweating amounts of reasons to not wanna stay, then you can add minning and other openworld features to maps like that one you are using, good screenshoot.ilovegirl, and salsa.

12 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

another one then:

i think one last suggestion for the proc-fire as if the flame started melting the numbers graphics seems too-static,  later with ivara the abilities and passive of using a bow and arrow should have the glaive give up some arrow feature and invisible fire, or burning, am not sure what that means but Tier 3 fire and the large version can be different other than the color and numbers of the elemental attack, charged up or not, its not contrasting with each area or the hp or number of the tileset environments happy thanksgivingsaaday, maybe a ouchie or emoji, and they can be scalding versions making the players and market really cool competitive fronts for unlocking more glaives in cetus and fortuna.....somehow,.impact of the enemies hitting the floor is awesome next to your fhoto the foot grinder how about more unlockable songs and a free mandolin? someone like octavia wont like the xoris if it doesnt have new SFX or robotics to unlock bird.

The 29.5.4 hotfix to Glaives made the unfortunate change of removing detonation from a simple pressing of the melee button after a throw and reverting it back to the alt fire button.

This is a negative QOL adjustment that takes away from the flow and easy playstyle of charged throw to detonation that the glaive rework provided.

See below for mine and other agreeing user comments.

The Ability for the Melee Button to be used as both the Charged Throw Queue/Button AND the Detonation Button was exceptional and pivotal toward providing a seamless flow experience for glaives where one's finger need only to press one button for hold to throw then press again for detonation.  Now, in glaive+gun mode detonation is only achievable via the pressing of the alt fire button. That is, one can no longer detonate the glaive via the pressing of the melee button. Now instead, the melee button recalls the glaive instead of detonation. As a glaive user that loved the changes/update before this hotfix, it is difficult to understand the real value of recalling the glaive in actual gameplay. The instances when it would be pertinent to recall the glaive are few and far between. Please, can we return to the melee button detonation after a charged throw. That had better function and flow use in my opinion and is more valuable than the recall function. Detonation now being a separate button is clunky and takes away from the flow play style that the new glaive update provided.

Other Users Feedback in Agreement:

I also agree with you. It was much better when all you had to do was hold down the E key while the glaive was in flight and it'll both explode and queue the next throw all in one action. The recent change just adds more unnecessary button presses.

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

The purpose is to chain throws without exploding the glaive. If the melee button (used for throwing) also explodes the glaive, chain throwing without exploding becomes impossible. Now, you might think "but throwing without explosion sucks". Nope. Not anymore.

This is a single throw from full health without heavy attack:

Not at all impossible, and I had a great time with chained throwing before this hotfix.

Before this hotfix, the distinction was between pressing and holding the melee button to queue the next throw and simply one pressing the melee button for detonation with one caveat; that is, to successfully queue the next throw one had to press and hold the melee button after the glaive reached it's distance away from frame apex.

I utilized both detonation explosion and chained throw builds (and use chained throwing more often) and both were possible before this hot fix. It simply required pressing the melee button to queue the next throw sometime after the glaive reaches it's distance apex before heading back to return to the frame as opposed to queue-ing up a throw right after the initial release of the throw.

So with the most recent changes (Hotfix 29.5.4) I noticed using glaives in both full melee and dual wield mode has some inconsistencies in controls regarding manual detonation with the "heavy attack" and "secondary fire" inputs.

I want to make sure I'm not going crazy here, as I have rebound some of my melee/heavy attack inputs, so potentially this is just something weird with my setup, but I'd like to get others' opinions just to confirm if this behavior is expected or not.

Here is what I'm noticing:

• Full Melee Mode (switched fully into the glaive)
    • Hold Melee button to charge and then throw glaive
    • Press "Heavy Attack" to manually detonate glaive while it is mid flight
    • Press "Secondary Fire" input and it does nothing
  • Quick Melee Mode (holding "melee" input while primary weapon is out)
    • Hold Melee button to charge and then throw glaive, switching out of primary weapon
    • Press "Heavy Attack" to manually detonate glaive while it is mid flight
    • Press "Secondary Fire" input and it does nothing
  • Dual Wield (Glaive + Secondary) Mode
    • Hold Melee button to charge and throw glaive, same as full melee mode
    • Press "Heavy Attack" does nothing?
    • Press "Secondary Fire" to manually detonate glaive while mid flight

So is this the intended behavior? It seems strange that depending on if you are Dual Wield or Full Melee/Quick melee, the input to detonate changes. Wouldn't it be more streamlined to have the "Heavy Attack" input always detonate the glaive manually?

If this is the currently intended behavior and not some sort of weird side effect of me rebinding my melee/heavy attack keys, it's very jarring to have to suddenly switch inputs to detonate manually.

This is the first time I really used glaives, so I'm unfamiliar with the earlier behavior where Dual Wield mode apparently let you detonate by hitting the normal melee input? I can't speak to that, but currently this feels a bit weird to say the least.

7 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

throwing glaives

so i noticed one thing about ur damage in screenshot, its arranged like a lava golem or something you see in epic rpg games, based damage you'd see in RPG games, like dragon quest monster its got golems and lava dragons/creatures of napalm, you should find another way to make it less static, but realistically lava does cool or turn to stone/bombs after a erruption to make much of the fissures and marked combat areas of fortuna there should be more clouds of realistic clutter and falling things hitting the shields dealing with those things, it could rain or melt some areas so they look different for the duration of the excavator and some bounties would be more interesting.

so in effect the explosion appears static but it has large potential,

now if there was other areas to use glaives for fishing and mining, as well as larger enemies like the golems from inaros storyfight , then the realism to dodge and recover after melee would be good, right_now most targets in the game are small and die instantly, so the player is just restarting the combos and learning attacks, so until larger enemies that can deflect and block melee are added to open areas and caves are added the players will always be smogi and decoy like. enough to not be able to fight a large dragon if you run out of bullets if u know what i mean.

bigger enemies and damage types, in Final Fantasy 11, there was a system in combat that combined abilities and magic into DPS skillchains, called fusion and reverberation which burst into additional DMGnew damage type is simular to  blast, is made by combining fire+ice, so am thinking that if the environments or tilesets need a way to manage this and enemy types enhanced defenses if they want to occasionally escape fire attacks or a glaive to the face before dying,

I predicted that maybe more SLASH damage would happen instead of all red hits or explosion based on the area of combat near rocks enough to start gore and crash dummies like Vauban with magnetics,  were to control how the damage comes out based on location, one explosion omits the predictable all fire explosions can be larger or total, and fire damage being twice lethal in some grineer maps, siphon, relic... near lava caves's chokegas is fuel incendiary ,

the shale and pebble would reduce elemental effectiveness sometimes, etc, plates got a way to deal with bullets. suppression, muzzle of abilities triggering mid-air, and toss action seem more interesting

• the glaive/melee would be more interesting to throw because of the gravity aspects, and holster capabilities on the primary and secondary a focus passive should be bound per glaive. Like balancing a arrow or its explosion based on its sister weapon, or combo addrenaline, if you are all about another matter form
  • , new UI and map features if its just sitting on your players back the whole mission then what good is it?

bound and speed would be impacted largely without entering any modscreens or nightmare modes to keep them shaking i like ice damage but am in a lava cave so its like reverting back to normal impact because of the realism this can still be predictable but DE can we make it work? or the enemies would catch-on on the next explosion, yeah i like umbra's powerspike, excalibur has a good AOE spear but its predictable and its damage is low without aughments, and its also bad mid-air , screeeech noise, am going to bed, it should have a charge and hold and recast feature to go with this update with chroma and glaive being updated.

this goes with the idea of deimos and underground creatures having geomagnetic backplates that shrew bullets and break-off enough to escape a katana, the armor falls they move faster, the players have to addapt and they can use the pickups to regenerate health,

the energy pellet and carcass they leave behind can be volatile packets unless they are stabilized , so i like to have more frozen walls and doors, but yea monster hunter world byfar the best example for long lasting enemies and devices which you can hit or use, until the environments are more reactive to abilities and iddle weapons have passive,

they make it so that one monster last a really long time. 

maybe there could be more inaros based enemies and they can drop zaw components or joke items for instance but the players would be faced with recoil and bounce mathematics

• and resistance to elemental attacks so the challenge is to give the players a chance to fight the story mode enemies and find interesting stances and keyitems, mods, and zaws so its like an RPG game, or at least one kitgun and 

Archived