Jump to content

How can we improve Bonewidow's abilites?


Cyborg3104

Recommended Posts

First off, let me say I think Voidrig is more useful in combat compared to Bonewidow. It's  first ability slows enemies, it's second is basically an invincibility toggle, it's third is sort of eh, and tje fourth (exalted weapon) has great AOE damage and is good when being swarmed by infested.

In comparison, Bonewidow's first ability is grabbing a target (when it manages to hit) and throwing it to deal (from my experience) only a little damage. It's second ability is just holding a shield already attached to it's body, which is fine it can be used to block damage. It's third is OK, although it deals 0 damage and is subpar compared to Voidrig's third. It's fourth ability is the most exciting, which is the exalted sword Ironbride, which is fine as is in my opinion.

I may be making Bonewidow sound more boring than she is, buuuuuuut from playing her I have noticed I don't really use any of her abilities except 2 and 4. Meathook and Firing Line are cool in concept, but once again, doing damage is more fun than... not doing damage.

So what I thought is that it would be cool if Meathook was a passive, it would activate when pressing F or (melee key) when Ironbride isn't equipped. As for the shield... it reminds me most of the stradavar or the tiberon, where you can toggle between semi and auto. But that's just what I gather from it, maybe a toggle situation?

Third ability will need to be tweaked to actually deal damage instead of moving targets in front of you, which they already were if you just aim at them. Once again, fourth ability is fine imo. 

I really don't know how you could make these abilities more exciting, since the first two really shouldn't be abilities. I guess we'll just have to see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or, and this is spit balling, you can toggle Bonewidow's shield, and you can melee with her shield to stagger enemies or to deal some sort of damage. Just spit balling. Now I don't know how you'd do that with Ironbride equipped, you probably won't be, but it's just a thought. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

there are actually contributions in the other forum. general is rather wrong and is probably not read by devs. I would post the whole thing in the feedback. and there is a lot to tell ... bone is nothing more than useless cosmetic for me (at least now). and I would not start with skills, but with enemy radar (!!!). and only later would i compare the sword with voidrigs 4th aoe with 2x 500k crits from a great distance ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the ideal Bonewidow rework (IMO)

- Meathook replaced with Widow's Fury: Bonewidow picks up an enemy and slams them into the ground, dealing massive true damage to the grasped target, and causing an Impact AoE that damages and staggers nearby enemies. using it on an enemy that has already been staggered increases the damage dealt to them when slammed.

-Shield Maiden grants damage immunity and reflects projectile from attacks that hit the shield, but also grants damage reduction of up to 50% from attacks that come from behind. Ironbride can be used in one-handed mode for attacking enemeis while protected.

- Firing Line replaced with Grieving Ground: bonewidow casts an expanding AoE around her that greatly slows down enemies, and enemeis caught within it also take more damage from all sources. with this power Bonewidow can easily close in to melee targets.

- Ironbride now has both a one-handed and two-handed form. with Shield maiden active, attacks have a shorter reach, but you are protected by Shield Maiden. if Shield Maiden is NOT active, Ironbride is wielded as a two-handed longsword, granting increased damage and reach on attacks, but lacking the added protection of Shield maiden. this way, Bonwidow can act as both an offensive melee mech, and as a defensive Paladin/tank in close combat, depending on what the situation requires. Ironbride would also get a much larger buff, to put it on par with Arquebex.

this version of Bonewidow would be awesome IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excuse me but did we play the same mech?

Bonewidow now regenerates health as long as you have an enemy and energy. It's actually tankier than Voidrig in certian situations.

It's 3rd ability doesn't have the best range but it completely immobilizes enemy units. Which is pretty damn good.

Only the shield and the sword are questionable. The shield shouldn't drain energy on bashing and it should grant complete defense against aoe weapons.

The sword should be as powerful as Voidrig's 4th or even stronger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

- Ironbride now has both a one-handed and two-handed form. with Shield maiden active, attacks have a shorter reach, but you are protected by Shield Maiden. if Shield Maiden is NOT active, Ironbride is wielded as a two-handed longsword, granting increased damage and reach on attacks, but lacking the added protection of Shield maiden. this way, Bonwidow can act as both an offensive melee mech, and as a defensive Paladin/tank in close combat, depending on what the situation requires. Ironbride would also get a much larger buff, to put it on par with Arquebex.

I really like the double style handed form. Could be a start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with bonewidow is that everyone compare him with voidrig for an obvious reason, his 4 ability does an insane amount of damage and i think that bonewidow has a decent damage capabilities but is "underwelming" in comparison with the arquebex. Maybe if DE nerf the arquebex everyone could be able to see that the exalted blade in conjuction with the shield does a decent damage. Obiously that will make people more angry but will balance those necramechs for good.

I actually have fun with Bonewidow and the added effect of his 1st ability gave her more survivavility than voidrig. That until you run out of energy.. then well i think you should use your warframe and cry in tenno.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

there are actually contributions in the other forum. general is rather wrong and is probably not read by devs. I would post the whole thing in the feedback. and there is a lot to tell ... bone is nothing more than useless cosmetic for me (at least now). and I would not start with skills, but with enemy radar (!!!). and only later would i compare the sword with voidrigs 4th aoe with 2x 500k crits from a great distance ...

Thanks I'll definitely do that 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Excuse me but did we play the same mech?

Bonewidow now regenerates health as long as you have an enemy and energy. It's actually tankier than Voidrig in certian situations.

It's 3rd ability doesn't have the best range but it completely immobilizes enemy units. Which is pretty damn good.

Only the shield and the sword are questionable. The shield shouldn't drain energy on bashing and it should grant complete defense against aoe weapons.

The sword should be as powerful as Voidrig's 4th or even stronger.

Dude is doing feedback about the old Bonewidow mech, too bad DE already fixed most of his complaint

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like it if the enemies picked up were supercharged or something and become explosive. Hold 1 to charge and explode enemy in hand on release. Press 1 to throw and explode on impact. And if the picking up animation was more of a forward charge with a bit more length and speed to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DE have really bad balance designers. The game need totall rebalance in the "Cast abilities" versus weapon attacks.

Currently the cast abilities do either nothing or are OP aoe clears, nothing inbetween. Nobody wanna waste x energy just to cast something, that do less than your single melee swing or few bullets from a gun.

But going back to necramechs, if i had to design a necramech (the name of those things should indicate gore) for melee combat it would be something like this:

1)You can use only melee exalted weapons on Bonewidow, they have really good dmg and sweep range. Your shield is always out, meaning you reduce most of frontal damage at all times. When you kill enemies you get blood stacks.

2)Your 1st ability cleave everything around you with a really large aoe, it bath you in blood of your enemies and restore your health. You get blood stacks per enemy hit, even more if you kill them.

3)Your 2nd ability charge your shield creating energy dome around you, absoring damage from all directions and improve the damage reduction with frontal shield. The dome deal damage to enemie around you - the range and damage depends on the number of blood stacks you posses.

4)Your 3rd ability pulls enemies to you, briefly stunning them and reducing their defences depending on the amount of blood stacks you have. Enemies far away from you which cannot be pulled, will be instead disarmed.

5)Your 4th ability puts you into frenzy - you constantly hover with infinite engine supply and much greater flight speed. Your melee attack speed is also greatly increased based on the number of blood stacks you have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-12-05 at 12:24 PM, NecroPed said:

I'd like it if the enemies picked up were supercharged or something and become explosive. Hold 1 to charge and explode enemy in hand on release. Press 1 to throw and explode on impact. And if the picking up animation was more of a forward charge with a bit more length and speed to it.

That could be interesting. And the charging drains energy, where the longer you charge the more energy is drained. Fun idea, it will probably not be used unfortunately XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cyborg3104 said:

That could be interesting. And the charging drains energy, where the longer you charge the more energy is drained. Fun idea, it will probably not be used unfortunately XD

Thanks for responding. Even if DE don't accept the idea I appreciate the feedback, it helps knowing that I can think of some good features. 
Hey, you never know. DE accept a fair bit of player suggestions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-12-05 at 12:52 AM, Cyborg3104 said:

First off, let me say I think Voidrig is more useful in combat compared to Bonewidow. It's  first ability slows enemies, it's second is basically an invincibility toggle, it's third is sort of eh, and tje fourth (exalted weapon) has great AOE damage and is good when being swarmed by infested.

In comparison, Bonewidow's first ability is grabbing a target (when it manages to hit) and throwing it to deal (from my experience) only a little damage. It's second ability is just holding a shield already attached to it's body, which is fine it can be used to block damage. It's third is OK, although it deals 0 damage and is subpar compared to Voidrig's third. It's fourth ability is the most exciting, which is the exalted sword Ironbride, which is fine as is in my opinion.

I may be making Bonewidow sound more boring than she is, buuuuuuut from playing her I have noticed I don't really use any of her abilities except 2 and 4. Meathook and Firing Line are cool in concept, but once again, doing damage is more fun than... not doing damage.

So what I thought is that it would be cool if Meathook was a passive, it would activate when pressing F or (melee key) when Ironbride isn't equipped. As for the shield... it reminds me most of the stradavar or the tiberon, where you can toggle between semi and auto. But that's just what I gather from it, maybe a toggle situation?

Third ability will need to be tweaked to actually deal damage instead of moving targets in front of you, which they already were if you just aim at them. Once again, fourth ability is fine imo. 

I really don't know how you could make these abilities more exciting, since the first two really shouldn't be abilities. I guess we'll just have to see. 

The existence of Necramech is a mistake on how DE implement it.

DE just setup scenarios of loses that none of them will make Necramechs be truly good for what they are.

Remember Archwing and no one would give a sht about it once you cleared the starchart until DE made it usable in open world (glorified speed boost and the Itzal's sheer speed prior to DE giving universal blink)? Released RJ in 2019 and Amesha is the absolute top pick until RJ becomes easy, who would've guessed?

Necramech will just be another dissapointment, especially so since their kit is DIRECTLY competing with Warframes, since you can't use two of them in synergy the same way as Warframe+Operator. Either Necramech powercreep Warframes or Necramech made redundant because Warframes have more polished kit (currently the latter exist and isn't WF known for SPACE NINJA?).

Perhaps in the future, DE will force incentives into using Necramechs by make content that requires you to use Necramechs. Similar to how they forced Amps, Unairu, and Madurai to be useful in Eidolons, even those 3 are in a bad state outside of it. Prior to Fortuna, no one would give a sht about Archguns and before HoD came, there was 0 incentive to use Archguns over your CO melee+status primer outside of Fortuna.

My point is that even if Bonewidow have a worse kit than Voidrig, the fact that Voidrig is just a much clunkier Mesa means there's not much incentive to use Necramechs, ALL Necramechs in WF need to either powercreep Warframes or give unique incentive to use them over Warframes. I personally want a real 3-way synergies with Warframe+Necramech+Operator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ragnafiro said:

My point is that even if Bonewidow have a worse kit than Voidrig, the fact that Voidrig is just a much clunkier Mesa means there's not much incentive to use Necramechs, ALL Necramechs in WF need to either powercreep Warframes or give unique incentive to use them over Warframes. I personally want a real 3-way synergies with Warframe+Necramech+Operator.

I'm on the train that believes that Necramechs are going to be used for missions where frames cannot work. Too bad I'm the only one on this damn train...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...