Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Prime Sure Footed as 200 day login reward

--RV--WhiteWolf

I don't really understand why you put the best exilus mod in the game behind years of login rewards. If you want to put Prime Mods exclusive as login rewards at least don't make them best in slot or offer some opportunity of trading. I have to wait 3 years for me to use it. That's just wrong given the QOL power spike the mod has. 

With the self stagger changes, you pretty much have to play Rhino or Nezha when you go AOE. Picking any other warframe is locked behind a 400 login day reward. Nice. 

Please put it at least on 200 reward pool. Christmas reward for next year. 

17 minutes ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

With the self stagger changes, you pretty much have to play Rhino or Nezha when you go AOE. Picking any other warframe is locked behind a 400 login day reward. Nice. 

What are you doing? I don't play Rhino or Nezha, I also don't use either Sure Footed. 

8 minutes ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

Because one jump from an ally between you and the enemy and you are staggered. 

How often does this actually happen though? I like to use some AoE weapons and have never encountered that issue (that I remember*). Stop standing next to your squad mates, and hit enemies from a distance and your problem is solved.
*I should add: I am excluding playing fun games with a Penta. Sticking bombs to your allies and seeing if they notice/try to hit you with the explosion.

I really cannot understand what the issue is. It seems you are just asking for a nerf to Primed Sure Footed - we don't want any BiS mods locked behind login rewards. 

Just now, krc473 said:

What are you doing? I don't play Rhino or Nezha, I also don't use either Sure Footed. 

How often does this actually happen though? I like to use some AoE weapons and have never encountered that issue (that I remember). Stop standing next to your squad mates, and hit enemies from a distance and your problem is solved.

I really cannot understand what the issue is. It seems you are just asking for a nerf to Primed Sure Footed - we don't want any BiS mods locked behind login rewards. 

It happens quite often in the groups I play. Not everyone has friends with 1000 hours. Also Prime footed has other advantages like: 

- No knockdown when you aim glide (and I do this a lot) 

- Speeds up a mission by not needing to keep distance between you and the enemies

- You take less damage (knockdown targets take additional damage) 

Also "not standing next to your squad" is not really an option. Am I supposed to run away from my team or the objective that I am defending because the team mates are nearby? 

But I don't want start discussing about my play-style or how small/big impact the mod has. Point is very simple: The mod is better than any equivalent in the game. How much better? It depends on play-style, weapon of choice, warframe of choice ...etc. Why put something that is "the best" behind years of login rewards? 

I don't want the mod to be nerfed. I want it to be available. 

6 minutes ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

Am I supposed to run away from my team or the objective that I am defending because the team mates are nearby? 

That’s not what I was suggesting. More just keep a little distance between yourself and them.

6 minutes ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

I don't want the mod to be nerfed. I want it to be available

I guess the issue is that it may just be easier to nerf it. If they swap it to 200 then people at 201 - 399 would need some way of getting it. Really no BiS mod should be locked behind over a years worth of logins. I’d just give it to Baro.

• Personally, I don’t bother using it. So I cannot really say it’s best.

6 minutes ago, krc473 said:

That’s not what I was suggesting. More just keep a little distance between yourself and them.

I guess the issue is that it may just be easier to nerf it. If they swap it to 200 then people at 201 - 399 would need some way of getting it. Really no BiS mod should be locked behind over a years worth of logins. I’d just give it to Baro.

• Personally, I don’t bother using it. So I cannot really say it’s best.

Or simply put all 4 mods on selection for each 200-400-600-900.

The login system is terrible. I would have to play 5+ years to get the mods. Put cosmetic/badges/cool ships but don't lock gameplay benefits behind years of login requirements. 

Given the fact that before you could pick your login reward PSF was at around 800 days.. A whole lot of us had to log in religiously every day to get our rewards. Sure as a newbie you might want everything NOW but you do realise the rest of us already did that grind and youre just getting in late. 

That said the mod feels like trash teir of the highest order when used so i dont particularly care. It needs fixing. Ignoring staggers should NOT throw you into an animation for as long as the stagger would normally take. Its broken.

2 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Given the fact that before you could pick your login reward PSF was at around 800 days.. A whole lot of us had to log in religiously every day to get our rewards. Sure as a newbie you might want everything NOW but you do realise the rest of us already did that grind and youre just getting in late. 

That said the mod feels like trash teir of the highest order when used so i dont particularly care. It needs fixing. Ignoring staggers should NOT throw you into an animation for as long as the stagger would normally take. Its broken.

I got mine at 900 because I'm dumb. :(

10 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I don't want everything NOW. The Baro system works just fine. But being told that you have to play for years to get access to the gear that other people have it's unfair. If one could get it in a month or two - it would be fine. Playing 5+ years to get mods that affect the gameplay? That's just wrong. 

And yes, you did log daily to get the rewards but it's not the same comparison. There weren't people in the game that already had the reward for 800 days while you were trying to get it. Imagine we go to compete in an event. You would get an advantage. That's simply unfair. Your experience enough should warrant the advantage and not the access to gear that is impossible to get. 

Another point is that the need of knockdown immunity is way greater now (due to stagger changes) that it was before. So it's not the "same pain". 

Exclusives should not be best in slot / best option. 

You just have to play for something over a year(400 days) man so calm your horses. Also you sure are making a lot of noise for a mod that nobody in particular gives a hot sh%t about after having played for over half a year and getting to know different playstyles and perfecting ones own. Also WHAT STAGGER CHANGES and WHAT EVENT COMPETITION????? Are you confusng this with lol or something? Finally please check your endgame builds on weapons to up your combo time if thats an issue while you hack n' slash on repeat. Oh and plz for the love of god dont refer to stagger changes like some oldschool professional and then complain about a reward that you should have, being an oldschool player and all, in the same sentence. Just makes the whole thread smell like trolling.

On 2020-12-23 at 3:07 AM, orfeasupervoleas said:

You just have to play for something over a year(400 days) man so calm your horses. Also you sure are making a lot of noise for a mod that nobody in particular gives a hot sh%t about after having played for over half a year and getting to know different playstyles and perfecting ones own. Also WHAT STAGGER CHANGES and WHAT EVENT COMPETITION????? Are you confusng this with lol or something? Finally please check your endgame builds on weapons to up your combo time if thats an issue while you hack n' slash on repeat. Oh and plz for the love of god dont refer to stagger changes like some oldschool professional and then complain about a reward that you should have, being an oldschool player and all, in the same sentence. Just makes the whole thread smell like trolling.

I played back in the days when raid were popular. Quit the game because there was nothing left for me to do. Came back because of new content. 

I don't play Warframe day and night. I play on weekends and maybe one day a week. Even if I do this consistently, I still need 2 years. 

My experience in the game has nothing to do with the thread in question - which is about the most powerful exilus mod in the game locked behind years of login. Why is it even relevant how much experience I have? 

Also this game has competitions - as example the current Orphyx event has leaderboards. We are competing with each other. 

On 2020-12-23 at 4:54 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Use sure footed and power drift and even fortitude if you want. And like others said: maybe jump in the air and shoot down at the enemy. There's no way your teammates are literally jumping in front of you 24/7. That would mean you were legitimately just following people and hugging their back.

If you are air gliding you can be knocked down. The only mod that prevents this is Prime Sure Footed. Sure, you can use 3 other mods to compensate but we both know that's not really an optimal build, right? Using 3 mods to get the equivalent desired effect of 1.  

So your solution (aim gliding) has the same problem and the issue is trying to fix (knockdown resistance can only be acquired via Prime Sure footed). 

And this is not related to a specific warframe or build. 

I am not asking that "I' should get access to it. I am saying no best in slot mod should be restricted via years of login (not only for me- but for everyone). 

1 hour ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

I played back in the days when raid were popular. Quit the game because there was nothing left for me to do. Came back because of new content. 

I don't play Warframe day and night. I play on weekends and maybe one day a week. Even if I do this consistently, I still need 2 years. 

My experience in the game has nothing to do with the thread in question - which is about the most powerful exilus mod in the game locked behind years of login. Why is it even relevant how much experience I have? 

Also this game has competitions - as example the current Orphyx event has leaderboards. We are competing with each other. 

If you are air gliding you can be knocked down. The only mod that prevents this is Prime Sure Footed. Sure, you can use 3 other mods to compensate but we both know that's not really an optimal build, right? Using 3 mods to get the equivalent desired effect of 1.  

So your solution (aim gliding) has the same problem and the issue is trying to fix (knockdown resistance can only be acquired via Prime Sure footed). 

And this is not related to a specific warframe or build. 

I am not asking that "I' should get access to it. I am saying no best in slot mod should be restricted via years of login (not only for me- but for everyone). 

Well apparently it is. For now at least, that mod is a reward for the people that put the time in. It's one mod and it's not gonna hurt you to wait for it.

So in the meantime I guess you'll have to deal with it. You shouldn't be getting knocked down that much in the air anyways.

You are hugely overrating it ( I personally never use it for how niche it is and how many points it costs). But if you really need knockdown protection this much there are many other ways: ei Helminth lets you put status/knockdown resist abilities (from Titania or Nezha) on any frame.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Well apparently it is. For now at least, that mod is a reward for the people that put the time in. It's one mod and it's not gonna hurt you to wait for it.

So in the meantime I guess you'll have to deal with it. You shouldn't be getting knocked down that much in the air anyways.

Playing 2+ years in a build disadvantage is unfair. Simple as that. Not getting knocked down much is not the same as 0. It's - mathematically speaking - infinitely better

4 hours ago, Monolake said:

You are hugely overrating it ( I personally never use it for how niche it is and how many points it costs). But if you really need knockdown protection this much there are many other ways: ei Helminth lets you put status/knockdown resist abilities (from Titania or Nezha) on any frame.

Just because you - personally - don't appreciate its value doesn't mean I don't. To take an example, Imagine I wouldn't care about your favorite warframe and I would argue it's not an important one and it's ok to not have access to it. That would be an unreasonable perspective.

I am pretty sure you don't need the prime version on any warframe. You can easily do with the normal version. Imagine you wouldn't be able to access the prime version for 2 years. Wouldn't you see that as unfair? And the power difference between prime and non-prime is sometimes smaller the difference of using Prime Sure Footed vs another mod. 

And yes, there are like 5 warframes that can achieve knockdown immunity . But that's severely limiting my game play options. Especially if we are discussing about specific events where specific warframes are more beneficial. 

6 hours ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

Just because you - personally - don't appreciate its value doesn't mean I don't. To take an example, Imagine I wouldn't care about your favorite warframe and I would argue it's not an important one and it's ok to not have access to it. That would be an unreasonable perspective.

I am pretty sure you don't need the prime version on any warframe. You can easily do with the normal version. Imagine you wouldn't be able to access the prime version for 2 years. Wouldn't you see that as unfair? And the power difference between prime and non-prime is sometimes smaller the difference of using Prime Sure Footed vs another mod. 

And yes, there are like 5 warframes that can achieve knockdown immunity . But that's severely limiting my game play options. Especially if we are discussing about specific events where specific warframes are more beneficial. 

The difference is that we have this mod, so we know what we are talking about and you are just hypothesizing and being unreasonably upset.

And read again - Helminth lets you put resist ability on any frame, so everything is "fair", you have the options  https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Helminth

Have you tried regular Sure Footed or Handspring?  Combined with just a little bit of restraint one of those will do a pretty good job.    Really, just the restraint is enough, along with the capacity for laughing at yourself, since you'll still get knocked on your can occasionally.

On 2020-12-20 at 2:10 PM, WanWhiteWolf said:

With the self stagger changes, you pretty much have to play Rhino or Nezha when you go AOE. Picking any other warframe is locked behind a 400 login day reward.

It's not quite that bad.  I use Banshee far more than any other frame with AoE weapons, without PSF or Helminth hijinks.  ( / flex 😋 )

On 2020-12-25 at 3:16 AM, Monolake said:

The difference is that we have this mod, so we know what we are talking about and you are just hypothesizing and being unreasonably upset.

And read again - Helminth lets you put resist ability on any frame, so everything is "fair", you have the options  https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Helminth

Yes, but if you do that you are giving up your helmith slot - which is much more powerful. There is always going to be a loss from my side either by: 

- Giving up warframe choice 

- Giving up several mod slots 

-Giving up powerful abilities

- Severely impacting required gameplay 

No matter on which side you look at it, the root problem is that the most powerful mod for its category is locked behind years of login. Also, I am not "hypothesizing". All the arguments I brought were tested by someone who has access to it. It's not a "theory". 

On 2020-12-25 at 6:34 AM, Tiltskillet said:

Have you tried regular Sure Footed or Handspring?  Combined with just a little bit of restraint one of those will do a pretty good job.    Really, just the restraint is enough, along with the capacity for laughing at yourself, since you'll still get knocked on your can occasionally.

Sure footed is terrible. It's simply not reliable. Imagine you play with lower HP pool. you can do well if you have knockdown immunity. 60%? It only takes one knockdown to die. 

Handsping is better than Sure Footed but it's still inferior to Prime Sure Footed. If you aim glide and you get knockdown you still fall and recover. With PSM you won't fall. Handspring doesn't prevent any stagger from AOE weapons. PSM does. Only this fact alone allows you to play a different game / playstyle. Of course, if you sit in a corner an shoot the enemies from high ground you won't care if you have one or another. 

21 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Even though I'm not affected by it, since I have everything, i think locking mods and weapons for up to years of logging in is a bit over exaggerated..

The scaling evergreen rewards are already enough for a reward for just logging in.. that should be the focus of it, adding more scaling resources but remove mods and weapons and put them somewhere else.

If I imagine I'd start another game and it wants me to log in for years to get actual Equipment even though the base game can be finished in 1/3rd of that time.. I wouldn't continue playing NGL..

Again, I'm not affected by it, but I can see that it can get outrageous..

Exactly my feeling. 

I would be ok if they would put it as a double reward (.e.g. daily login OR unlock all nodes from SteelPath). 

Waiting for years to play a game style that I enjoy? It's just discouraging... 

3 hours ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

Of course, if you sit in a corner an shoot the enemies from high ground you won't care if you have one or another. 

I'm not sure if  that's an accusation.   😉  Anyway,  definitely not the way I play. 

3 hours ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

Waiting for years to play a game style that I enjoy? It's just discouraging... 

If it's mostly just a matter of playstyle not power, you can accomplish 100%  immunity with Sure Footed, Power Drift, and Fortitude.  Yes, that's quite the sacrifice.  Two slots + Fortitude, LOL.  But maybe, if you weren't aware of it already, it's better than waiting. 

I agree with you by the way, that PFS has too big of a potential  impact on gameplay to be locked behind log-in days.  But I think that's as much a gameplay problem as an acquisition problem.    In other words, it probably shouldn't offer 100% stagger immunity by itself.  Not that I think you'd feel that an adequate solution to your dilemma, or that DE implementing  "Primed Sure Footed 3.0, With Special Thanks To Tiltskillet" would make me a popular Tenno. 😋

Archived