Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Ensmallening: Part 3 (Mesh Accuracy + Sound Fidelity)

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, Stonn_XY said:

Did the update. Now the game doesn't start. Optimized cache. Still crashes on loading screen when reaching 100%. Restarted computer... same.

The hotfix set the default directX version to DX12 by accident when they removed support for DX10. You can go in and manually change it to DX11 by clicking the gear icon in the launcher, or wait for later today when another hotfix to address it deploys. 

I don't mean to be rude to the Console Tennos, but Cross-save will be a true challenge to the team, not only in the code field, but (and I may be wrong on this), there may exist licensing issues on the tools field that require being sorted out.. I'm just blind-guessing tho. But at any rate, I do see it as a big challenge. Anyways I wish you all the best guys, the game is really nice as it is already, and with time it'll just get better :)

Am 19.1.2021 um 21:57 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

We expect the download size to be 7 GB  with an estimated 3.6 GB of savings overall, meaning the game just got 3.6 GB smaller in file size!  These numbers may vary slightly. 

And even more textures which become horrible. Once you see the compression artifacts, you can never unsee them - your mind actually looks for them. And not even the fancy filters can hide them.

These are most notable on reflective, metallic surfaces. What was once a nice, shiny flat surface, is now a checkerboard mess. You can count the pixels.

This "ensmallening" should be called "the great uglyfying" instead. Just calmly walk around the dropship and look at the textures from an angle or up close and you WILL notice them. You can spot them on warframes as well.

I'd understand, if this was done on a Switch to save ressources, but PCs? In that case, the engine would need an upgrade instead, if it starts capping IOPS.

Can I opt out of this somehow? 

• 5 months later...
On 2021-01-19 at 4:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We said when we have something meaningful to say, we'll say it, because until then it's just going to be empty noise and 'we really need to get this done'. 

Looks like you all just answered one of the biggest questions we have had for the game. Thank you for the hard work and we all look forward to the future of WF in cross play/save. Hoping this means I can use my Xbox account on my nsw or pc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived