Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Ensmallening: Part 3 (Mesh Accuracy + Sound Fidelity)

[DE]Rebecca

19 hours ago, Old_Fogie said:

Wow.... Ok. Um, appreciate your busy and such, but may I politely suggest switching to decaf?

Completely misunderstanding her and responding with offense isn't a good start. They're constantly asked this question and this is just another time they've given a concise and accurate description of both the situation and their intent.

1 minute ago, Joezone619 said:

and the code that does this is 7gbs and only frees 3.6gbs, so 3.6-7=3.4GB of stuff that we already had.

all the Ensmallening patch worked that way. We download all the file to that replace what ever they target is this round and once its completed it end up actually freeing space.

The ear on the right looks like hard plastic, where the one on the left looks natural. I think the fine detail in the model reveals its construction. Same with that corner on the outer edge of the nostrils. Feels like the lips are too smooth on the right too. Eyelashes look much better though, look natural and connected instead of painted over the image like how it looks on the left. I guess the lighting might be making it all look funny since they aren't lit from the same angle relative to the half of the face we're viewing!

Let's see how it looks in motion on our personal hardware ;)

On 2021-01-19 at 8:57 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

I just realized that this is not a static picture! Grab the slider in the middle and move left/right to compare exactly each area. It is using JScript, so make sure your adblocker/NoScript/GhostScript extentions are disabled to use this tool properly.

lol, the quote with the picture failed. :crylaugh:

5 hours ago, iPathos said:

Completely misunderstanding her and responding with offense isn't a good start. They're constantly asked this question and this is just another time they've given a concise and accurate description of both the situation and their intent.

"Misunderstanding Her" is based off of your perception. That is understandable.

My perception was that her response was a touch more..... Let's just call it "intense", then was necessary in response to a simple question. In addition, DE has a solid, and documented , track record of treating it's community in a less than professional manner. So telling me that I am not off to a "good start" applies both ways. Mine, and DE's.

Just to be clear here, this is supposed to be a forum. Repeated questions happens all the time. It's how the extremely rare responses from the Devs/Mods give us any information in regards to future updates affects both the game, and the community as a whole that sets the tone for the rest of the year, not someone simply repeating a question that has already been answered previously.

3 hours ago, Old_Fogie said:

"Misunderstanding Her" is based off of your perception. That is understandable.

My perception was that her response was a touch more..... Let's just call it "intense", then was necessary in response to a simple question. In addition, DE has a solid, and documented , track record of treating it's community in a less than professional manner. So telling me that I am not off to a "good start" applies both ways. Mine, and DE's.

Just to be clear here, this is supposed to be a forum. Repeated questions happens all the time. It's how the extremely rare responses from the Devs/Mods give us any information in regards to future updates affects both the game, and the community as a whole that sets the tone for the rest of the year, not someone simply repeating a question that has already been answered previously.

I was referring to the fact that she and the entire staff have needed to respond to that question en-masse - without a change in their position (wanted or otherwise), on every platform for months, years even - to the question itself.

It's not perception, the vast majority of people asking this are demanding, and your response as quoted had no merit considering that. There's a difference between being intense and being accurate and concise. This is why I said you misunderstood her.

It was meant to say "a good strat", but unfortunately autocorrect thinks itself a poet. I don't take back what I said, this has been well known for a long time, forums or not.

49 minutes ago, iPathos said:

I was referring to the fact that she and the entire staff have needed to respond to that question en-masse - without a change in their position (wanted or otherwise), on every platform for months, years even - to the question itself.

It's not perception, the vast majority of people asking this are demanding, and your response as quoted had no merit considering that. There's a difference between being intense and being accurate and concise. This is why I said you misunderstood her.

It was meant to say "a good strat", but unfortunately autocorrect thinks itself a poet. I don't take back what I said, this has been well known for a long time, forums or not.

Your reference wasn't indicated in your response. Additionally, she didn't "need" to respond the the primary inquiry, she chose to respond, which means replies to given statements, especially by DE, are still allowed. Or have I missed a forum rules update somewhere?

Yes, actually. It is perception. Your perception is that a vast majority are "demanding" cross-compatible play, where my perception is that someone "asked" a question about cross-compatible play, and received a rather (IMO) "intense" reply. Are yours or my perceptions the only ones that are inherently correct? No. Does my reply to a given statement by a DE rep have merit? Subjective based on perspective to the response given. You believe it doesn't have merit, I believe it does. Neither of us agree, and I am fine with that.

As for my "misunderstanding" her? Again, subjective based on each others perspective of the given situation. That's the interesting thing about the written word. It's extremely difficult to perceive an individuals intent behind a simple sentence or paragraph, thereby leaving it up to the reader to attempt to perceive the originators intentions. 

6 hours ago, Old_Fogie said:

Your reference wasn't indicated in your response. Additionally, she didn't "need" to respond the the primary inquiry, she chose to respond, which means replies to given statements, especially by DE, are still allowed. Or have I missed a forum rules update somewhere?

Yes, actually. It is perception. Your perception is that a vast majority are "demanding" cross-compatible play, where my perception is that someone "asked" a question about cross-compatible play, and received a rather (IMO) "intense" reply. Are yours or my perceptions the only ones that are inherently correct? No. Does my reply to a given statement by a DE rep have merit? Subjective based on perspective to the response given. You believe it doesn't have merit, I believe it does. Neither of us agree, and I am fine with that.

As for my "misunderstanding" her? Again, subjective based on each others perspective of the given situation. That's the interesting thing about the written word. It's extremely difficult to perceive an individuals intent behind a simple sentence or paragraph, thereby leaving it up to the reader to attempt to perceive the originators intentions. 

There's perception, and there's accepting the factual situation. I'm not getting into detail because you're a little butthurt that I called you out, the reply was in no way intense just because you didn't expect something so direct. 

Maybe clarify then, and things won't end up this way? 😀

Can we have this ~7GB to download in some zip file form from the web browser or something? Launcher takes a lot of cpu/ram just downloading files.

And downloading 7GB takes some time for some of us. Letting us download it separately would allow us to play the game.

oh lol. so previous one they applied some sharpen filter on textures and called it an improve, now they run smooth filter on mesh and call it an improve. thanks for the new soapy look, but maybe enough ruining graphics, last 6-8 months are complete joke. light and dynamic range go insane values, exposure rip, shadows rip, textures compression artifacts all over the places, normal maps rip,  now there also gonna be soaped meshes, so lovely.

some kind of gta5/skyrim "enhanced graphics" mods visual eyesore happening here.

what's next, nude mode i suppose?

seriously, how such significant size change and improve are in same paragraph. there is no magic, size loss is a quality loss, and hell it's already significantly degraded after previous ensmall patches, maybe gift people responding for those changes some good glasses?

like game being not enough damaged, fixing bugs hanging for few years? no, needs few more nails into the graphics coffin instead.

On 2021-01-19 at 11:57 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno, 

We bring you Part 3 of the ensmallening. By now you already know about Part 1 and Part 2, but now we will go into how we are changing Mesh Accuracy and Sound Fidelity.

We expect the download size to be 7 GB  with an estimated 3.6 GB of savings overall, meaning the game just got 3.6 GB smaller in file size!  These numbers may vary slightly. 

Our target release for this is next  THIS week on PC. Until then, read on about how we are continuing to optimize Warframe, while also making gains in quality!

Mesh Accuracy:
A big part of the Ensmallening Part 3 is how Meshes are changing. Not only are we reducing filesize, we are also significantly improving quality.Look to this Before and After for the improvements you can expect:

BEFORE:
Take care to observe the eyes and mouth and ear details. Jagged details are widespread. 

AFTER:
Take care to see the improved contours and details across the Mesh. A much smoother finished piece!

Sound Fidelity:

This one is for the audiophiles! 

We are making some changes to the way we handle encoding of Warframe’s audio. We are replacing xWMA with OPUS and a new ADPCM encoder! ADPCM will provide less noise and brighter mids. It also has improved spatialization so that the full audio mix just feels more alive.

Here is a spectrum plot of sine sweep 20-20k with the new ADPCM encoder above the old. Much improved!
ErFQu7rW8AAFws9?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

In general, Opus will really improve the way you hear Warframe’s accompanying music. We also expect this to improve general synchronization and any start up lag! Stay tuned for a future Devstream where we go over this in a bit more detail, too, for the audiophiles out there!

Cheers Tenno!  

Dear Rebecca we have still many low resolution textures in many locations in many tile sets  , some places has broken light reflections and many places has inaccurate light mapping, Most of those has come with great ensmallening update will there be fixing for those issues ? 
Here is some example screenshots:
reflections 
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

and these are low res textures 

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

and here are the inaccurate lights examples
unknown.png
unknown.png

My second question is we already have an updated version of the derelict tile set in the in the railjack mission why are we still playing regular old derelict maps on deimos ? I mean those new ones are visually magnificent .  Why are we still playing with visuals like this on regular deimos derelict maps ?

unknown.png

Please let Steve and his team knows these issues , have good day 

Best Regards

On 2021-01-19 at 4:10 PM, Old_Fogie said:

Wow.... Ok. Um, appreciate your busy and such, but may I politely suggest switching to decaf?

Just saying... I'm sure Rebecca literally hears the same "Where's cross play?" EVERY day, and its not her field. That is in the hands of the rest of the team. Imagine how frustrating it must be for her to hear the same stuff and also know she can't do anything about it, and all the while she herself wants it but has to recognise that her team wants to do other things or maybe they just can't do it right now. Have some perspective. After hearing the same thing over and over, you get to a point where you state the facts plain and simple. I know the feeling. Snarky comments like this serve no purpose other than A) to spark negative emotions from an already frustrated individual and B) to give other like-minded people a good laugh at her frustration. I know those shoes. Feeling powerless isn't a good thing to feel, and honestly it makes me tear up to know she's dealing with that frustration. 

hace 4 minutos, [DE]Megan dijo:

1/22/2021 Update:

Some final tests are being done before we can ship these changes. Expect Part 3 of the ensmallening to arrive next week on PC!

What happened with the Leaderboard of Operation: OV, ? i can't see the leaderboard ingame.-..

Archived