Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is High Noon still a reward from the Lua Spy mission?

AbaddonReaver

Question

I know the wiki says that it is but I've been farming it for almost all day now using the Limbo cheese strategy and it still hasn't dropped. What makes me wonder is that after all these attempts I've accumulated duplicates of all other rewards in the reward pool so I'm wondering maybe it's not one of them anymore.

Has anyone managed to get it there? I've had poor luck farming Brood Mothers for it so I turned to Lua.

10 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, AbaddonReaver said:

I know but after 4-5 hours of using a strategy that takes around 5-6 minutes to complete the mission, I've had some doubts about it. Guess I'm just that unlucky.

Not really that unlucky. Assuming all your runs take 5 minutes and there's no breaks (aka 12 runs/hour), 5 hours would result in 60 runs. With High Noon's drop chance of 1.29%, this only results in a probability of 54.1% to have gotten at least one drop across all runs. That's barely better than a coin flip.

To raise this probability to over 90%, you need 178 consecutive runs (the so called "expected" number of runs). The "nearly guaranteed" 99% would be reached after 355 runs.

1 hour ago, BDMblue said:

If you want this mod use the fuse mod function?

The thing that lets you take 4 mods and roll a new one. I have 5 of the mods currently I’ll just sell for plat from rolling yellow mods. 

Yeah, I've tried plenty of transmutations with that goal already. Not much luck in getting a High Noon, though I did manage to roll some rare ones I didn't have. I'll think about making more but I'm not terribly certain.

47 minutes ago, AbaddonReaver said:

To be honest, I'm kinda burnt out from farming spectres since I was farming Growing Power a while ago. Not sure if I'll try again but I suppose it's an option.

If you have Oxylus sentinel then it will scan "flowers" for you.

And if you are tired of all those methods... just do some void fissures and buy it. Even if you sell ~12x trash prime parts you can afford it (9p at the moment).

Archived