Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit taker phase 4 timers

quxier

I've take my time killing Orb mother (~2 hours with breaks because I didn't have good weapons probably) but failed because there were hidden 5 minute timer.

Could you make it clear that there will be timer so people won't bother if they see they are not good for it?

I don't know, things like:

- mention 5minute timer in the bounty description

- make all phases shorter (15-10-5) and mention that timer will be shorter 5 minute each wave

.... or I don't know... SOMETHING that doesn't require you to read wiki or watch youtube.

The 5 minuter timer gets displayed on your screen as soon as it starts and the voice transmission you get from "the heist squad" all warn you that you have to kill the profit taker fast or otherwise it will become unkillable again.

9 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

The 5 minuter timer gets displayed on your screen as soon as it starts and the voice transmission you get from "the heist squad" all warn you that you have to kill the profit taker fast or otherwise it will become unkillable again.

Define "fast". Fast could mean 5 minutes or 3 hours.

And 5 minutes is displayed after I took ~2 hours.... as I said.

36 minutes ago, quxier said:

I've take my time killing Orb mother (~2 hours with breaks because I didn't have good weapons probably) but failed because there were hidden 5 minute timer.

It's right there on the screen

38 minutes ago, quxier said:

Could you make it clear that there will be timer so people won't bother if they see they are not good for it?

- make all phases shorter (15-10-5) and mention that timer will be shorter 5 minute each wave

.... or I don't know... SOMETHING that doesn't require you to read wiki or watch youtube.

If you're taking two freaking hours to clear phase 3 (the shield test one, where Biz wants you to gather data) that's probably a good sign you're not ready to do the phase 4 boss fight yet

17 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

But we don't know that before that timer shows.

18 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

If you're taking two freaking hours to clear phase 3 (the shield test one, where Biz wants you to gather data) that's probably a good sign you're not ready to do the phase 4 boss fight yet

I took ~2 hours for Phase 4 not Phase 3. Phase 3 wasn't time consuming nor hard. And to be super clear I mean part where you need Gravimag installed and use Archgun on Orb.

4 hours ago, quxier said:

But we don't know that before that timer shows.

I took ~2 hours for Phase 4 not Phase 3. Phase 3 wasn't time consuming nor hard. And to be super clear I mean part where you need Gravimag installed and use Archgun on Orb.

you only have to use the archgun after you break its shields. thats the only time you should use it, since a normal weapon will usually out damage an archgun

8 hours ago, Miser_able said:

you only have to use the archgun after you break its shields. thats the only time you should use it, since a normal weapon will usually out damage an archgun

I know that already. It's not even possible to damage it with normal weapons because of *plot armor*.

So what you want is a timer as huge as space moms transmissions during the way to the ropalolyst? As it was said, there is a timer when her HP reach 25%. Just in the same spot where you find the timer for survival missions. You don't need a wiki for that but to focus on the HUD and enemy especially if someone tells you to hurry up

What makes me wonder is, if phase 3 was a breeze then phase 4 should be too. It's more or less a phase 3 with "point archgun towards limbs". Or point with Voidrigs artillery cannon right in it's face. That's an option too, now. Maybe you haven't put much effort into your archgun and that's why you struggle. 

On 2021-03-09 at 9:33 PM, quxier said:

The 5-minute limit appears as soon s you enter the final phase of the combat.

The Bounty itself has no time limit. Besides, the only way it would be obvious is shoving it into your eyes...

... No, I'm not being agressive, this is me being realistic... The timer appears, its not hidden at all, so you simply didn't pay attention to it and because of that, you're here complaining... The only fault for failing that bounty is yours... And yes, there is no lack of information about it since PSN/NSW/XBOX players get information available to them before the content is released to those platforms...

... But don't worry, Update 30 is going to break that vicious cycle....

5 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... No, I'm not being agressive, this is me being realistic... The timer appears, its not hidden at all, so you simply didn't pay attention to it and because of that, you're here complaining... The only fault for failing that bounty is yours... And yes, there is no lack of information about it since PSN/NSW/XBOX players get information available to them before the content is released to those platforms...

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Helverin said:

So what you want is a timer as huge as space moms transmissions during the way to the ropalolyst? As it was said, there is a timer when her HP reach 25%. Just in the same spot where you find the timer for survival missions. You don't need a wiki for that but to focus on the HUD and enemy especially if someone tells you to hurry up

I paid attention. I have seen that timer.

The boss is not hard. I died maybe few times because I was bored and haven't been paying attention. The thing is this boss is another bullet sponge. That's fine. I hate those kind of bosses but I can take my time to kill it. However through whole 2(or 3 don't remember) phases of Phase 4 Orb Mother just sitting there tried to get killed for few hours. If I can fight it for ~2 hours why Orb Mother couldn't wait another hour? There were no reason for Orb Mother not to "wait" for me so this "5 minute timer" were hidden. That's fine if I fail because I don't have good gear. It's not fair if a game let you play for few hours and fails you because of hidden information. If I at least knew there were "5 minute timer" and I couldn't beat it within 5 mintues then I would simple return to Fortuna. No problem.

It's neither a bullet sponge (hell, a SP grineer Lancer is more durable then PT) nor is the timer hidden. The thing it can't wait another 2 hours is that we'll.. PT actually can but you can't. You Solaris bois down in Fortuna tell you once you hit the 25% life marker of PT, that the Orb Mother actually learns how do adopt like a real sentient and then they tell you "shred it now or shred it never" that's when the timer comes in. And it's not hidden your HUD just doesn't scream WARNING! all over the screen. Think of it as a Dps test just like in more classic mmo's where this is a common mechanic where you actually rarely found a real timer unlike PT. 

And befor you hit the the 25% life cap of PT you can actually fight it for 5678 hours if you like to. Don't ask why it's a boss mechanic that kicks in. I'm kind of sad that Exploiter don't have a similar feature and you can bomb it all day with thermia. 

I’m with ya 100% quxier

i have been playing the game for under 3 months now and finally I unlocked that P Taker and with basic weapon it took me ages to take each phase down and I was happy about it, dealing little damage slowly and after a while I hit phase 4  only to discover that there is a timer for that last phase. I was pissed too but my first timer doing that bounty so now I will expect that 5 minutes next time.

and you guys don’t need to be super pros with us the newbies show some sympathy.

It's not about being super pros but about how to engage an enemy that poses a threat. Even I remember the time I found 30 min kuva survival hard. But as you stated yourself your damage output was pretty low and when I encountered such a problem I felt not ready for the boss challenge. Either because the weapon was not that good or I was lacking some mods to boost it's power. So why not leave the boss be and work on preparation instead of "I can't see 5 min timer" or "timer is crap". And keep also in mind that PT, like the eidolons is designed for four players so you shouldn't be to much concerned about the struggle. It just takes some effort. 

If I expressed myself in a rude way, I apologize. But I don't like a pointless complain instead of a "how can I improve my performance against PT?" 

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Helverin said:

It's not about being super pros but about how to engage an enemy that poses a threat. Even I remember the time I found 30 min kuva survival hard. But as you stated yourself your damage output was pretty low and when I encountered such a problem I felt not ready for the boss challenge. Either because the weapon was not that good or I was lacking some mods to boost it's power. So why not leave the boss be and work on preparation instead of "I can't see 5 min timer" or "timer is crap". And keep also in mind that PT, like the eidolons is designed for four players so you shouldn't be to much concerned about the struggle. It just takes some effort. 

If I expressed myself in a rude way, I apologize. But I don't like a pointless complain instead of a "how can I improve my performance against PT?" 

Sadly we don't know if we should leave or not. This is made for team, as you said. It should be more challenging for single player. With that information we can expect longer fight. Let's say you beat 1st phase in 1 hour. That's fine. You think you killed that .... Orb but there is another same thing. Would you continue or lost 1 hour of play? It's understandable that some of us want to continue. I mean... we can waste another hour to beat that boss....

vor 2 Stunden schrieb quxier:

Sadly we don't know if we should leave or not. This is made for team, as you said. It should be more challenging for single player. With that information we can expect longer fight. Let's say you beat 1st phase in 1 hour. That's fine. You think you killed that .... Orb but there is another same thing. Would you continue or lost 1 hour of play? It's understandable that some of us want to continue. I mean... we can waste another hour to beat that boss....

Longer? No. If done well prepared with a wide variety in weapon damage types and an outfitted archgun (doesn't even matter which one that much, torn that thing to pieces with a Phaedra for the first time) the whole spectacle last around 10 minutes. From start to finish with no "godlike" riven requirements. And I won't make PT harder it's fine as it is. It should be doable by a team of 4 casual players with some basic understanding of the game. The rewards aren't worth a greater challenge, sadly. 

As for doing such things solo you have to think about it from more perspectives because you alone have to fill the other 3 player roles which means you have to analyze the boss much more, might take more care which weapons and frame to choose. And then as you did, ju either engage again and again and learn from what went wrong or take a look into the wiki to get some ideas about attack patterns and armor type (I don't recommend yt, far to much suggestions and at least for me the "I finally beat this f*****" - moment was very satisfying when done by yourself). 

The part you say "another same thing" you mean a second PT roaming around? Or Exploiter Orb? 

The first can't be done as lore wise, these orb mothers are unique and there are only three (till now). Exploiter on the other hand can be done in a row and that fight is quite different where damage doesn't matter as much as vs PT (though high damage always make things easier in WF). 

46 minutes ago, (XBOX)Helverin said:

The part you say "another same thing" you mean a second PT roaming around? Or Exploiter Orb? 

I mean next phase of killing same Orb mother - you have to do the same things (take shield with proper damage type, take legs with archgun (because normal guns won't work for just because), destroy pylons (large bullets), and main body).

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Helverin said:

No, I believe @quxier means that going into the Profit Taker fight for the first time, based upon the previous stage of the Heist and what they've been told in the mission briefing, the player may expect to simply...

• take down the Shields
  • Archgun the legs
  • kill the Profit Taker

...so while they're Archgunning the first leg, the player may be thinking it took a while, but the fight is nearly over.

Instead, after the first leg is destroyed, the Profit Taker recovers its Shields! It's only at this point the first-time player realises they must do the whole first phase of the boss-fight four times over, once for each leg, before they will be able to kill the Orb.

And because they aren't told in the briefing that they will at any point be working against the clock, if the first three phases of the boss-fight take a long time to complete, but the player is surviving and steadily making progress, it seems like a titanic struggle which will nonetheless end in a hard-earned victory...

...until suddenly, an unexpected timer appears after they have chewed their way through the first three phases of the boss-fight, and tells them they have 5 minutes to complete the final phase!

Ah. I see the point. Of course it's kind of punishment when failing the final damage test but many raid bosses include such things which won't be told by the quest giver. So I'd say the "figure out the boss on your own" part should stay. But what I can imagine is to put a recommended for a full squad into the bounty description which I hope gives the idea that it's serious business. 

I think DE thought putting PT bounties in the lvl 60 range makes that clear but I doubt someone who played the game for a few months is impressed by that number. 😅

Archived