Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want my Railjak

ixidron92

The thing is ... Everyone invested into this gamemode wants to user their own railjack...

Which creates a problem as everyone wants to be a pilot and nobody wants to join someone else's crew... Leading to a deserted starchart.

A problem which DE solved by the command intrinsic and allowing people to solo more comfortably.... And by forcing everyone into the same railjack regardless of who is host, hoping that the fact mods are character bound will make people not care about being in a railjack that's different.

But they didn't realize if everyone wants to be the pilot, and nobody wants to be the gunner or engineer, maybe the design of the gamemode doesn't make that much sense to begin with , and most of the roles asides from pilot aren't compelling... Especially now that a bunch of brain dead AIs do a better job than the average gunner and engineer.

Maybe it's time to evolve the gamemode into a gamemode where 4 players can use their own RJ at once in the same mission... I mean the tech is already there to run a RJ and three crewships, I don't see why it's not possible for four railjack missions already !!!

Just now, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

The thing is ... Everyone invested into this gamemode wants to user their own railjack...

Which creates a problem as everyone wants to be a pilot.

Except this was literally never a problem. If you wanted to crew, you joined a crew; if you wanted to host, you launched your RJ. 

hace 1 minuto, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra dijo:

Which creates a problem as everyone wants to be a pilot.

A problem which DE solved by the command intrinsic and allowing people to solo more confortably.

But they didn't realize if everyone wants to be the pilot, and nobody wants to be the gunner or engineer, maybe the design of the gamemode doesn't make that much sense to begin with, and maybe it's time to evolve the gamemode into a gamemode where 4 players can use their own RJ at once in the same mission... I mean the tech is already there to run a RJ and three crewships, I don't see why it's not possible for four railjack missions already !!!

Yeah I can understand this point but at the same time, the percentage of players actually building RJ's wasnt that high to begin with as far as Im aware. So unless it gets to the point in which near 25% of players have fully build RJ's then this shouldnt really be a problem. By then they may have figured something out already. Until then let me use my god damn gear Ive spent so many hours building and stop with the bs

hace 1 minuto, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra dijo:

Well every time I tried to join a random node in the last few modes I never could find a squad...

Could have to do with the mode being dead for the longest time before this update.

hace 4 minutos, Ohryx dijo:

Could have to do with the mode being dead for the longest time before this update.

And that's probably not gonna change with the new matchmaking. If anything, now I'm flying solo so I can use my Railjack. Congrats to DE on achieving the opposite of what they wanted. 

hace 1 minuto, ixidron92 dijo:

And that's probably not gonna change with the new matchmaking. If anything, now I'm flying solo so I can use my Railjack. Congrats to DE on achieving the opposite of what they wanted. 

Yeah I agree. Absolutely amazing how excited I was for the update on how quickly I just got fed up with the bs. Really something to behold.

hace 6 minutos, Ohryx dijo:

Yeah I agree. Absolutely amazing how excited I was for the update on how quickly I just got fed up with the bs. Really something to behold.

Same here. The update sounded bonkers and amazing and I got fed up after a few games because now I have to farm for hull upgrades, the endo I got back barely covers levelling up 1 of the mods that got its levels doubled, the railjack turned into a taxi and most important, I can't play with mine!

They've proved incapable of fixing this gamemode once again, and it would as easy as make space gamemodes that are also compatible with ground play. FFS, you have 4 people and a crew of NPCs. Is it so hard to keep the people who want to pew pew in space occupied with fun objectives while the ground pounders do their stuff? You know, like they've showed us during the very first raijack tennocon reveal. 

25 minutes ago, Ohryx said:

Yeah I can understand this point but at the same time, the percentage of players actually building RJ's wasnt that high to begin with as far as Im aware. So unless it gets to the point in which near 25% of players have fully build RJ's then this shouldnt really be a problem. By then they may have figured something out already. Until then let me use my god damn gear Ive spent so many hours building and stop with the bs

DE's fault for gating the mode off.

The pushback for gating it behind Clans was very legitimate. In the end, despite the arguements of the percentage of the playerbase that loves clans...

Hardly anyone had a Railjack. The resource sink was far to intense & time intensive for most players. They just lost interest.

Also didn't help that getting drops and then being able to use them was an absolute chore. The mode was (kind of still is from the streams I've watched) very unfriendly when it comes to upgrading the Railjack. 

Either way...I hope that in time with the mode unlocked to the majority of players more Railjacks populate.

This mode has turned out to be quite the issue it seems.

hace 1 minuto, Void_Ocelot dijo:

This is why I solo....with the crew it makes it even better. RJ just screams don't play with others to me. Good thing I don't need to farm Orphix.

This is why the crew should take their posts when a tenno is not manning them rather than if a tenno is missing from the party. That way you can have people in space and ground at the same time and still be efficient rather than crippled. 

Still, i don't think railjack is salvageable at this point. The update sounded awesome on paper, but to me, it made railjack even worse, and it was already bad to begin with. 

1 minute ago, ixidron92 said:

This is why the crew should take their posts when a tenno is not manning them rather than if a tenno is missing from the party. That way you can have people in space and ground at the same time and still be efficient rather than crippled. 

Still, i don't think railjack is salvageable at this point. The update sounded awesome on paper, but to me, it made railjack even worse, and it was already bad to begin with. 

Yeah for MP, it's a no go for me.

hace 6 minutos, (XBOX)C11H22O11 dijo:

I'm curious, wtf is happening with matching on the new update? Normally if you just launch a mission from your Railjack you'll host, did they change that?

Yes basically

1 hour ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

But they didn't realize if everyone wants to be the pilot, and nobody wants to be the gunner or engineer,

I find pilot to be the worst role to be I take gunner or engineer any day over pilot. Why I have my friend be the pilot every time while I do everything else. As a pilot you stuck in the pilot seat if you leave to do something else the ship become stationary.

13 minutes ago, Emolition said:

I find pilot to be the worst role to be I take gunner or engineer any day over pilot. Why I have my friend be the pilot every time while I do everything else. As a pilot you stuck in the pilot seat if you leave to do something else the ship become stationary.

Well not anymore, now you can have a lobotomised AI run in circles around the objective and getting shot by the shipkiller platform !

yes same. Also I tried to load into a Veil Proxima mission. The host technically had the Intrinsic 7 but didn't have any hull/shield upgrades so just the fighters were 3-4 shotting us (it was literally 1-2 shots and the shields were gone and then 1-2 shots and it was catastrophic hull breech). I can give myself the most powerful mods but it can't overcome the problem of a ship that doesn't have the component parts to survive. It's kinda like if we spent a bunch of resources on weapon mods and then loaded into Steel Path hoping like crazy that the host wasn't gonna make us play on a warframe with mods barely capable of surviving sortie-level stuff.

I never had issues getting a full crew when I launched my own railjack. But I'm inclined now to just invest heavily in AI/Kuva Liches as crew and/or only run with friends (either on their railjack or my own). I don't want to waste a bunch of time being forced to join someone else's crew when they might not even have a ship capable of surviving the content they launched into.

il y a 42 minutes, Cpt.Apollo45 a dit :

yes same. Also I tried to load into a Veil Proxima mission. The host technically had the Intrinsic 7 but didn't have any hull/shield upgrades so just the fighters were 3-4 shotting us (it was literally 1-2 shots and the shields were gone and then 1-2 shots and it was catastrophic hull breech). I can give myself the most powerful mods but it can't overcome the problem of a ship that doesn't have the component parts to survive. It's kinda like if we spent a bunch of resources on weapon mods and then loaded into Steel Path hoping like crazy that the host wasn't gonna make us play on a warframe with mods barely capable of surviving sortie-level stuff.

I never had issues getting a full crew when I launched my own railjack. But I'm inclined now to just invest heavily in AI/Kuva Liches as crew and/or only run with friends (either on their railjack or my own). I don't want to waste a bunch of time being forced to join someone else's crew when they might not even have a ship capable of surviving the content they launched into.

😆

This IS NORMAL !!! You have not read about the "New Railjack Component: Plating" ??? : Hull health and armor is not a MOD but a railjack part like engines and reactor: it si now called PLATING. So you just go in Veil WITHOUT any armor nor Hull (every armor and hull mods was mende in endo).

So you just need to build SIGMA serie I, II and III in your DOJO and then go in veil proxima to hunt a TIER 3 plating (Lava, vidar or even Zekti).

LOOK you at the new railjack, you got a sigma series 0 plating (Hull and armor) by default. In veil proxima, it is SUICIDAL ! (600 armor, 1000 HP)
PS : I almost died in venus in efw shots so in veil ...
a3f1113d20ad5f34097bf8fed7c76a29.jpg

Il y a 12 heures, Emolition a dit :

This was before ... Now you have Syndicate NPC who exactly do what you want : You assign them to be gunner; no problem go in tacticals screen select their role change they do another job like piloting. NO SITTING DUCK ANYMORE !

Little info about SIGMA 0 VS SIGMA III PLATING :
-Armor : 1088 => 2721
-Hull 1758 => 4103

xXjb7ES.jpg

And yes, it's a TotalN3wb Glyph... In memory of the a fallen Tenno Brother

14 hours ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Which creates a problem as everyone wants to be a pilot and nobody wants to join someone else's crew... Leading to a deserted starchart.

A problem which DE solved by the command intrinsic and allowing people to solo more comfortably.... And by forcing everyone into the same railjack regardless of who is host, hoping that the fact mods are character bound will make people not care about being in a railjack that's different.

But they didn't realize if everyone wants to be the pilot, and nobody wants to be the gunner or engineer, maybe the design of the gamemode doesn't make that much sense to begin with , and most of the roles asides from pilot aren't compelling... Especially now that a bunch of brain dead AIs do a better job than the average gunner and engineer.

Maybe it's time to evolve the gamemode into a gamemode where 4 players can use their own RJ at once in the same mission... I mean the tech is already there to run a RJ and three crewships, I don't see why it's not possible for four railjack missions already !!!

With the plexus defining what "your railjack" is, even when you're in someone elses, there seems little point in having the railjack be something any player individually owns anymore - they could be standard ships hanging in launch bays in the relays, and you just show up with your Plexus and off you go. I mean, it's like 2-and-a-half different ships now given the plexus mods and energy thing, we could go all the way and have it be 4 different ships at once if the plexus included the guns. 

Heck, "Railjack Scramble" to defend a relay, open world, or whatever would be neat thing. Sitting on Cetus talking to Konzu and suddenly there's an air raid alarm and you need to scramble, or lose access/standing/whatever for a temporary period. Or in a relay, everyone hears the alarm to run to the launch bay to scramble fighters or risk losing the relay for a week. 

Archived