Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii Quest Bugs/Feedback Megathread: SPOILERS (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

On 2021-04-17 at 2:55 PM, (XBOX)KawaiiAsa said:

To my knowledge, the singing (done by Vala Glarios) scene is either a recollection of when the Tempestarii destroyed the Lucretia Space Station and killed all of Vala's sisters, or is part of her dream where her sisters are singing with her. It might also just be from Vala as she enters a void storm in order to search for the Tempestarii.
It might feel out of place, but there are lore reasons why its there, and also provides a nice overview of half of Sevagoth's kit, that being the abilities of Shadow, also at least the song is really good.

As other people have mentioned, one of the bigger issues with the quest content itself is so much of it is just thrown out there as if you'd know who or what any of this is.  Piggybacking off you though, the quest could be massively improved by including a flashback cutscene of the station being involved in void tinkering or whatever other profity things the Corpus were up to there that got the Tempestarii hot and bothered.  Then cut to something like a single-path sabotage mission, the music playing as you take Corpus out.  Maybe make Shadow a bit more overpowered at the time.  Let there be "kill X dudes/destroy the thingymarods" objectives between bulkheads as you carve your way through, with the intention being for it to take you about as long to clear a section as one verse of the shanty(could go into a drums holding loop if you putter around too much).  Then as you're clear, another CS with the station in pieces and Glarios panicking badly, wondering if she'll get rescued before her air runs out, and various crazed oaths to hunt the Tempestarii.  You could even throw something in there about her being even more bitter about the situation after she researches her obsession and finds out her outfit got merked by a malfunctioning rescue ship.

The sparsity of quest groundwork has been kind of a problem for a while.  We should have gotten at least a cutscene of the Corpus board bickering among each other over what to do about the Tenno at the start of Deadlock, for example.  Too much of the background info for some of these things has existed solely in the forum thread for the launch of a given patch, rather than appearing in-game.

Feedback: During the Call of the Tempestarii, I noticed that the Tempestarii uses unique turrets with homing capacity. Could DE please add them as obtainable weapons that can be added to your own railjack? I'd really like to be able to blow the Corpus away with those homing missiles.

On 2021-04-13 at 8:30 AM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Please use this thread to let us know your feelings on the following:

• How easy was it to understand the new quest and what you have to do to succeed?
  • What was it like having Railjack involved in a narrative quest?
  • Thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?
  • Anything else that comes to mind!

I shall do so, and use a list like you did. In order:

• I had a bit of trouble understanding the quest start. I thought it was just there. Turns out that I had to start it from my Codex Console, then check my inbox, then start the quest. I was confused as to why the announcement in my inbox wasn't the quest start. Once that was done, I was good. When I got to the point where I had to free the Tempestarii from the Corpus ship, I was confused. I thought I had to use the Railjack Artillery, but there was no ammo. I then figured out that I had to fly outside and board the tractor beam. That was a little frustrating, but I got over it fast.
  • That was cool! I liked having more to do in a quest than just "play this same mission you've played millions of times before". It also gave me a chance to test out my new Railjack Crew! I might have to reassign my pilot in the future, or take over, though. During the part where you have to intentionally summon the Tempestarii, my AI pilot wouldn't go towards the quest objective, so I had to take over for them. Also, make sure people know that they should have at least Lvl3 Sigma gear before starting. There came a couple points during that same objective where my Railjack almost starting taking hull damage from the Void Storm.
  • Other than what I just mentioned, I'd say that the part where you get to try out Sevegoth's Shadow needs a bit less damage done to you in that specific instance. I actually "died" a couple times during it. If you could provide a way to have temporary invincibility during that one part of the quest, just so the moment isn't interrupted, that'd be a good change IMO.
  • Make and release two more sailor-themed Warframes, and maybe even sailor-themed Archwing, Archweapon, and Necramech stuff! We NEED the full crew now! Then give us the adventures of the Tempestarii in comic form, featuring Captain Hydroid, Helmsman Sevagoth, and the other sailor-themed Warframes! Who'll back me on this?!

In all, that was an AMAZING quest! This is what I came to Warframe for, and I need MORE!! And huge praise to Damhnait Doyle for performing the enemy captain and the quest's signature song! That is FOR SURE going in my regularly visited song lists! Right alongside We All Lift and Smiles from Juran! Someone give your composers a raise every time they make a song for a specific quest!

Hallo. I have a problem with the quest. After I play as Sevagoth and need to destroy the beam generators on the corpus ship, I can't enter it. When I try to enter, when I press X, it just shifts me up a bit, like when pressing Spacebar for short time. I tried exiting the mission, restarting the game, changing the keye bindings, nothing works. I got stuck like this 4th time already. Any help would be much apriciated.

Void Storm Relic opening glitch:
For some reason, not everyone get their relics opened, despite everyone having 10 reactant.

Even Host is not safe, and thus can get their relic ignored. Went in as 3-people squad and opened a relic, ended up with only 1 guy opening. And he was number 3 in squad. Meanwhile Host(me) and Number 2 got zilch.

Please look into that issue.
Other details:
1. Mission got started by host(me) from Railjack in Orbiter
2. Mission was Corpus and it was Extermination
3. Special objective to enter main ship was to hack a different ship(jammer drones mission) and to destroy 2 Safety nodes on the main ship.
4. All members of the squad were from the same clan.
5. Host's party settings was "friends only", an Number 3 wasn't in my friend's list.

On 2021-04-13 at 5:13 PM, Tombsite said:

Intro:
I really do not want to write this. I hate the toxicity and negativity that permeates so much of the discourse around Warframe on these forums (and the community in general) and I am loath to add even a tiny bit to it. I know that the staff at DE has worked hard on update 30. Getting a simultaneous release on all platforms (including an entirely new one  in the form of the newest Xbox) is probably much harder than I imagine (and I imagine that it's pretty F'ing hard). Even as I write this I know that they are hard at work getting hotfixes implemented and trying to make sure we all have the best possible experience. This is despite the crew having to work from home in the middle of a pandemic. 
So I want to be absolutely clear that I am in no way believe that DE (read: the hard working people that make the game) are in any way "bad". They've worked hard and with a passion for Warframe that is undoubtedly much greater than mine. Which makes me all the more sad to say the following:
"Call of the Tempestarii" is not a good quest.

The following contains all manner of spoilers!!!

Meditation: "It is difficult to understand the universe..."
The first time I completed the quest I was left very confused. It had all happened so fast. I thought that the quest was a bit rushed and poorly paced and came here to write just that. But as I tried to write down my thoughts I realized that there was more to it than simply the length (or lack there of). I booted up the game again and played through the quest a second time. Upon my second completion of the quest it was clear to me that the quest has two major problems: Nothing makes sense and nothing is properly explained.

These are heavy criticisms that I do not make lightly. I will therefore try to point out the many times I had to scratch my head in bewilderment.

"Tenno disembarking" 
As with so many quests it all starts with an email. A Corpus convoy is going into a dangerous area (apparently an entire platform got destroyed there) and Cy wants us to go intercept them. This is a good setup. Are we going to find out what the corpus are doing out there? Are we to stop them from getting a foothold? Are they carrying something of importance? I am intrigued.

We set sail for the sector (there's a brief encounter with a ghost ship in the void) and upon arrival I see several busted corpus capital ships and a broken space station (what happened here? is this the convoy?). With out further comment Cy immediately command me to start collecting... regular resources? Have we gone out to face, and I quote, "Shipping lanes long abandoned. Void storms. Anomalies. Temporal ghosting" To pick up F'ing titanium??? 

So ok this does make a little more sense if we do not consider my excising stockpile (collected from hundreds of RJ missions) of resources cannon but it is still the most boring answer as to why we're out there (the meta reason being that we are there to meet Vala and the Tempestarii).

"we are on their boards. Look alive"
After swatting away a few insignificant fighters (a fully decked tier 3 RJ with two lvl 5 gunners meant I hardly even saw them appear before they where destroyed) Captain Vala Glarios shows up in her ship (she seems pretty cool).
Cy immediately informs me that "Gunfight not an option". WHY? Why is that not an option? Is there something special about her ship? It looks pretty standard to me. In my quest for the Nautilus sentinel and the Penta Carmine I have blown up more than 30 ships of that size in volatile missions, and de-crewed at least trice that number in exterminate missions. I am a god damn space ninja in a god damn Orokin warship and I have to run? WHY? Give me a reason to fear this woman. Have her disable my ship (I can flee once the ghost shows up). Have CY spout technobable at me. Have an entire fleet show up. Just give me some/ any reason as to why I am fleeing this run of the mill corpus ship. Please I need something for my suspension of disbelief.    

"I am scrubbing the mission. We are done here"
Right as we are about to run away, the Tempestarii shows up. This changes... nothing. We are still going to run away. Cy doesn't even mention if the ship showing up is making escaping harder or easier. Also why are we and not the Corpus it's target?
Vala's reaction is... interesting. From her initial reaction it doesn't seem like she expected to see the Tempestarii. So she probably wasn't out here to find it. And despite what we learn later she does not immediately engage the ship but calls home to daddy Parvos to request permission to use the big guns. Vala is a lot more Samus Aran (Metroid other M) than Captain Ahab in this scene. This could have been much more interesting if she'd gone all out to attack the Tempestarii (Convoy, Parvos, storm and player be damned).

Cy finally decides to take us out of all this. And having completed our mission of scavenging the destroyed ships we return home with our ill gotten gains... I mean that would have made sense right... right?

"This is a raid"  
Nope. Cy decides that we should go look up what that ghost ship was all about. Clearly Vala knows something and Cy wants us to infiltrate and recover Orokin-era naval records. So does this mean we double back and sneak up on Valas ship? infiltrating it like the space ninjas we are. Or do we have to seek out some of those Orokin watchtowers that are floating around as "loot dungeons" in Railjack missions, recovering bits of ancient data? No we assault a random Corpus ship that Cy, for some reason, knows can give us the answers. Also despite this ship being of the same model as Vala's we attack it with no hesitation. 

Of course this can all be explained as the ship having a low combat readiness and it being plugged into the Corpus central database but A: it isn't and B: this is again the most boring way to get this information.

"Objectives meet. Moving on"
So getting that data is not to difficult. Standard spy run and we've gotten all the Orokin-era navel records from the corpus. There is one thing that strikes me as a little odd. As Cy lists the Tempestariis accomplishments this comes up: "Multiple commendations. A legend". So Cy you where around back in the old war right? Pretty sure you where. Yet this does not ring any kind of bell? No comment? Just stating what we pulled out of the computer? Ok then.
Also what about Vala Glarios? No? Not interesting then. Oh well. Would have been a good time to give us some back ground on her. Maybe talk her up a bit with her accomplishments. Feels like a wasted opportunity.
I do love the little bit at the end of the mission where Cy hints at why he wants to help the Ghost ship. "Duty lingers. Like pain in a phantom limb. Like the voices of a crew long dead" A+ writing right there (completely sincere here).

"Paradox. You behold an absence. Describe it" 
So we lure the Tempestraii to us using an old distress code. Again very good. Completely logical course of action. But seeing as this is a rescue ship a few speculations on why it is destroying stuff would have been nice. Especially seeing as Teno and Corpus where "friends" back in the old war.
We meet the ghost. Cy thinks we can help it find what it's looking for. We use the magic that is our Parazon. All fine.
And then Vala shows up! Seemingly out of nowhere. A little line about how she also intercepted our distress signal right here would have made this a whole lot less random. As it stands she just shows up and attacks with... something that for some reason knocks out our frame. I know voice acting is expensive and perhaps something changed but this is another instance where a little line about us being connected to the Tempestarii left us vulnerable or something would have helped.    

"Visitors, your short lives are about to become crap dipped in misery"

(This is taking longer than expected. I'll write a part 2 tomorrow)

TL:DR There's a lot of potential but to little time is put into making tings make logical sense.... or am I being to hard on DE here? Does my criticism seem valid or pedantic? 

Hmmmm ...

So what would a good "colorful metaphor" be to use as a "thus far?"

Where someone kicked the cord out of the cooler that keep the "fridge logic" from spoiling, before taking the ingredients out to prepare a "half-baked" quest that just sort of washes down the drain (without "falling apart," because none of it ever stuck together in any recognizable sort of form when the supply of analogies & metaphors to use has been long since exhausted and what's there is about substantial enough to inform the plot for a music video, but for a song you don't really want to listen to)?

Spoiler

"IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SING" ?

On 2021-04-13 at 5:13 PM, Tombsite said:

Intro:
I really do not want to write this. I hate the toxicity and negativity that permeates so much of the discourse around Warframe on these forums (and the community in general) and I am loath to add even a tiny bit to it. I know that the staff at DE has worked hard on update 30. Getting a simultaneous release on all platforms (including an entirely new one  in the form of the newest Xbox) is probably much harder than I imagine (and I imagine that it's pretty F'ing hard). Even as I write this I know that they are hard at work getting hotfixes implemented and trying to make sure we all have the best possible experience. This is despite the crew having to work from home in the middle of a pandemic. 
So I want to be absolutely clear that I am in no way believe that DE (read: the hard working people that make the game) are in any way "bad". They've worked hard and with a passion for Warframe that is undoubtedly much greater than mine. Which makes me all the more sad to say the following:
"Call of the Tempestarii" is not a good quest.

The following contains all manner of spoilers!!!

Meditation: "It is difficult to understand the universe..."
The first time I completed the quest I was left very confused. It had all happened so fast. I thought that the quest was a bit rushed and poorly paced and came here to write just that. But as I tried to write down my thoughts I realized that there was more to it than simply the length (or lack there of). I booted up the game again and played through the quest a second time. Upon my second completion of the quest it was clear to me that the quest has two major problems: Nothing makes sense and nothing is properly explained.

These are heavy criticisms that I do not make lightly. I will therefore try to point out the many times I had to scratch my head in bewilderment.

"Tenno disembarking" 
As with so many quests it all starts with an email. A Corpus convoy is going into a dangerous area (apparently an entire platform got destroyed there) and Cy wants us to go intercept them. This is a good setup. Are we going to find out what the corpus are doing out there? Are we to stop them from getting a foothold? Are they carrying something of importance? I am intrigued.

We set sail for the sector (there's a brief encounter with a ghost ship in the void) and upon arrival I see several busted corpus capital ships and a broken space station (what happened here? is this the convoy?). With out further comment Cy immediately command me to start collecting... regular resources? Have we gone out to face, and I quote, "Shipping lanes long abandoned. Void storms. Anomalies. Temporal ghosting" To pick up F'ing titanium??? 

So ok this does make a little more sense if we do not consider my excising stockpile (collected from hundreds of RJ missions) of resources cannon but it is still the most boring answer as to why we're out there (the meta reason being that we are there to meet Vala and the Tempestarii).

"we are on their boards. Look alive"
After swatting away a few insignificant fighters (a fully decked tier 3 RJ with two lvl 5 gunners meant I hardly even saw them appear before they where destroyed) Captain Vala Glarios shows up in her ship (she seems pretty cool).
Cy immediately informs me that "Gunfight not an option". WHY? Why is that not an option? Is there something special about her ship? It looks pretty standard to me. In my quest for the Nautilus sentinel and the Penta Carmine I have blown up more than 30 ships of that size in volatile missions, and de-crewed at least trice that number in exterminate missions. I am a god damn space ninja in a god damn Orokin warship and I have to run? WHY? Give me a reason to fear this woman. Have her disable my ship (I can flee once the ghost shows up). Have CY spout technobable at me. Have an entire fleet show up. Just give me some/ any reason as to why I am fleeing this run of the mill corpus ship. Please I need something for my suspension of disbelief.    

"I am scrubbing the mission. We are done here"
Right as we are about to run away, the Tempestarii shows up. This changes... nothing. We are still going to run away. Cy doesn't even mention if the ship showing up is making escaping harder or easier. Also why are we and not the Corpus it's target?
Vala's reaction is... interesting. From her initial reaction it doesn't seem like she expected to see the Tempestarii. So she probably wasn't out here to find it. And despite what we learn later she does not immediately engage the ship but calls home to daddy Parvos to request permission to use the big guns. Vala is a lot more Samus Aran (Metroid other M) than Captain Ahab in this scene. This could have been much more interesting if she'd gone all out to attack the Tempestarii (Convoy, Parvos, storm and player be damned).

Cy finally decides to take us out of all this. And having completed our mission of scavenging the destroyed ships we return home with our ill gotten gains... I mean that would have made sense right... right?

"This is a raid"  
Nope. Cy decides that we should go look up what that ghost ship was all about. Clearly Vala knows something and Cy wants us to infiltrate and recover Orokin-era naval records. So does this mean we double back and sneak up on Valas ship? infiltrating it like the space ninjas we are. Or do we have to seek out some of those Orokin watchtowers that are floating around as "loot dungeons" in Railjack missions, recovering bits of ancient data? No we assault a random Corpus ship that Cy, for some reason, knows can give us the answers. Also despite this ship being of the same model as Vala's we attack it with no hesitation. 

Of course this can all be explained as the ship having a low combat readiness and it being plugged into the Corpus central database but A: it isn't and B: this is again the most boring way to get this information.

"Objectives meet. Moving on"
So getting that data is not to difficult. Standard spy run and we've gotten all the Orokin-era navel records from the corpus. There is one thing that strikes me as a little odd. As Cy lists the Tempestariis accomplishments this comes up: "Multiple commendations. A legend". So Cy you where around back in the old war right? Pretty sure you where. Yet this does not ring any kind of bell? No comment? Just stating what we pulled out of the computer? Ok then.
Also what about Vala Glarios? No? Not interesting then. Oh well. Would have been a good time to give us some back ground on her. Maybe talk her up a bit with her accomplishments. Feels like a wasted opportunity.
I do love the little bit at the end of the mission where Cy hints at why he wants to help the Ghost ship. "Duty lingers. Like pain in a phantom limb. Like the voices of a crew long dead" A+ writing right there (completely sincere here).

"Paradox. You behold an absence. Describe it" 
So we lure the Tempestraii to us using an old distress code. Again very good. Completely logical course of action. But seeing as this is a rescue ship a few speculations on why it is destroying stuff would have been nice. Especially seeing as Teno and Corpus where "friends" back in the old war.
We meet the ghost. Cy thinks we can help it find what it's looking for. We use the magic that is our Parazon. All fine.
And then Vala shows up! Seemingly out of nowhere. A little line about how she also intercepted our distress signal right here would have made this a whole lot less random. As it stands she just shows up and attacks with... something that for some reason knocks out our frame. I know voice acting is expensive and perhaps something changed but this is another instance where a little line about us being connected to the Tempestarii left us vulnerable or something would have helped.    

(This is taking longer than expected. I'll write a part 2 tomorrow)

TL:DR There's a lot of potential but to little time is put into making tings make logical sense.... or am I being to hard on DE here? Does my criticism seem valid or pedantic? 

If we could just have an alternate music track for a song with a title along the lines of

"DELIVERING LAMPSHADES FOR PARVOS"

it would all make sense and present with perfect clarity.

Hey. I'm not sure if i am the only one who has this bug but, i can't somehow start the Quest. First of all, it says if i'm in a Squad "It's a Singleplayer Mission" then, if i'm trying to start the Quest alone, it says "There are no open Groups available". So..... help? It's like that since the Quest got released but i'm not sure if i'm the only one who has this bug or not.

So this is a continuation of the feedback I gave earlier in this thread (link) and like with part 1 there will be spoilers.

Intro: 
I had originally abandoned the idea of continuing my feedback for two reasons:

• I really do not enjoy being negative. People worked hard on this and I take no joy in being so critical of their work.
  • I really have a hard time believing that me typing out all of his will lead to even a single change. DE is drowning in feedback and given the tone of most of it I can hardly blame them for not engaging with most of it.

Yet here I am typing it out anyways. While it was my frustration with the quest that drove me to type out part one, it is my frustration with yesterdays Dev-stream that has given me the final push to get the rest of it out of my system. The fact that the team could barely spend 3 min on the postmortem and that all it amounted to was the acknowledgement of some of the technical issues fills me with disappointment. Not a single one of the leads, managed to show even a sliver of passion nor pride at the work that they had done. Well if they feel the same as me about the quest I can hardly blame them.

"Decrypting archives. Crew, you might find this interesting."
The screen turns black and Vala talks to us. How or why she does this I have no idea. I guess the writer had no other way of giving us her sad back story (I'm talking about a lack of time/budget for a more interesting take, not a lack of skill) but this is probably the most ham fisted way possible to do it. So is she out to avenge her fallen sister? Did she become traumatized by her time drifting in her exosuit unsure if she would be saved? Why can we hear this? Hell if I know because now it's time for a musical interlude.  

Let me state up front that I like "Sleeping in the cold below". I believe "It slaps" is how one phrases it these days. Now I can only guess as to how the song came into being but I am almost certain that it was not because the writer asked for it. Why am I so sure? Because the entirety of this musical interlude is completely pointless and gratuitous. There are so many things wrong with this I hardly know where to begin, but let me se if I can't cover the most egregious problems.

• It stops the plot dead in it's tracks. I have no idea what is happening to my warframe, my railjack or the Tempestarii. I am suddenly a ghost floating around in a dreamscape keeping myself busy until Vala is finished with her song and I can resume the quest.
  • The song tells me nothing about anything. In a short 2 min "we all lift together" introduces the Solaris to us. Being a spiritual about debt, home and solidarity it gives the player all the info they need to understand who they are and what they value. "Sleeping in the cold below" is almost twice as long yet it tells me next to nothing about neither Vala nor the Corpus other than apparently there's a 1800's sailor-culture among the crew of Corups spaceships (not that we see any other sign of this). Seeing as the Corpus fleet mostly consists of flying temples now I would had expect something more in the style of a psalm but I'm not all that religious so what do I know.
  • It is so poorly "balanced" that using any of the shadows abilities leaves you  worse of than spamming "e" and concentrating on the song. Seeing as 80% of the units are melee you have no need of your "1" as they will come to you. Your "2" will send you all over the place ramming your face into the invisible walls of the small arena and you have no need of closing the gap on any enemy because they are all melee. You one shot all the enemies  so your "3" is completely pointless as well.

This entire segment could be cut and it would make no difference to the plot at all. Someone wanted their warframe sea shanty in the game (to the point they asked us to make sure we could her the in-game music before starting the quest) regardless of how it would fit. It got crammed in and we where given some busy work to do while marveling at DE's latest banger. Sorry but that is just borderline disrespectful to me as a player. 

"Shelve the bloodlust. Boarders repelled. Back to work."
And then we wake up to see that a minor corpus boarding party has been repelled and that the Tempestarii is now being held by some sort of beam. I appreciate the attempt to make the our actions in the dreamscape seem to have impacted the real world (but it does little to fix the underlying problems). Cy seems to still be able to order me around so I can assume that him and my Railjack is somewhere safe.
As a PC player disabling the beam was no problem as I had done this several times farming the Penta Carmine. But some of Valas comments confuses me. "I shall rip that ship to pieces and eat its heart" say what?
So what is Vala's deal here? I've played this quest twice and watched it a couple of times on YT while writing this and I can honestly say I'm unsure what Vala wants. Depending on the scene it seams she want's to:

Get revenge for her sisters
Get the Tempestarii for Parvos
Get the Tempestarii for herself and "eat its heart"

Well either way she's ok with destroying it once we free it so 🤷‍♂️.

"Incoming attack craft. Crew: light them up."
The second we're back on the Tempestarii we're told by Cy that the ship is charging "unknow countermeasures". Cy where you really a part of the old war? A lot of this tech seems alien to you. This was a rescue ship not some strange prototype from Orokin RnD.
We engage a few fighters as Vala ship apparently poses no risk (guess she never got permission  to use those multiphasic ordnance) until the special weapon is charged and we fire a Void torpedo that starts to swallow Vala's entire ship. She curses us in suitable villainous manner and we flee the scene because "we must complete the shadow's final mission, together". Getting a bit thick on the melodrama there Cy. Can't say I'm much of a fan.
All in all kind of a meh climax. Fighters hardly makes for much of a boss fight and the Void-torpedo would have been deus ex machina if not for the fact that there where hardly any danger for it to rescue us from. You've all ready made an entire game mode about how to kill a Corpus ship. Why not use it?

"Captain terminated. Enemy routed. Reminds me of the old days. Closing mission"
And now for the final bit of WTF of this quest. Cy continues his overly dramatic narration of events (still not a fan). We find out that what the Tempestarii was searching for all this time was a life pod adrift in the void. 
The life pod turns out to be the same type of sarcophagus as the reliquary on our Railjack. Is this why the Tempestarii is lost to the void? Because it's reliquary drive was lost in the void! Sadly no. There's a reliquary aboard the Tempestarii the entire quest so this is probably just a reuse of exciting assets and not something special (would have been cool though). The Shadow speaks to the "life pod" using Vosphene glyphs (those sure turned out to be... a thing) and reveals... duh duh duuuuuh a warframe!!!
Wow that explains...nothing! 
I have sooo many questions and none of them are even hinted at. But let's put a pin in them and do a quick round up.
We give the warframe a "Burial at sea" and are suddenly back on our own ship. What happened to the Tempestarii? Who knows, but Cy predicts we'll see it again. Vala is picked up by Parvus in a scene I believe was indented to be a bit of a cliff hanger but left me feeling cold.

I have questions:
Why was Sevagoth launched into the void? But more importantly what about the Tenno inside of the warframe?
What happened to the Tempestarii's Cephalon? What about the crew?
Why does Cy believe that the Tempestarii will return? We launched it's pilot into the void for god sake!

TL:DR: This was a quest that had bad plot, inconsistent lore and a shoehorned musical number. On a mechanics level it was ok but even a moderately farmed player would not be challenged all that much. All in all it was pretty bad. If DE thinks this is the best way to give us Warframe lore then they need to give their writers time and recourses to make something better because this seems rushed and in dire need of an editor.

If you've read this far I thank you for your attention :)      

Simply spacewar.

Great work thanks.
I really enjoy destroying spaceships but considerably less having to get off my shiny Railjack to do missions that I find all over the old map.
I wish I could use my turrets and missiles to destroy everything without ever having to get off my ship.
I would relax a lot without having to think about anything.
Do you think it is feasible to have even a single PURE space combat mission?
Thank you.

Well, at the risk of being in the minority, but at least willing to write from a non-RJ player.

I did the required missions to procure the RJ, I quickly became lost in all the complexities of the RJ which constantly led to failing missing as I ran out of resources.

I have ran with others and still remain confused when to leave the ship or not. Also, when the mission is really over. It makes me feel like nothing but a drag on the team, so I shy away from RJ altogether.

Yes, I have leached off of others who were willing to take me along and understood RJ. I was up front with them about my lack of understanding.

This update has not helped me in any real perceptual fashion.

I did the work to get three NPCs guys to help me. The ones I could afford anyway. I added mods from the new terminal in the orbiter for RJ. 

In the end I am still as lost, frustrated that DE cannot find their way to explain what is intended to be done.

For me personally, RJ is not fun.

I have written DE twice regarding the update and RJ.

All I actually want from RJ is the MR (if any),  ghost effect, and the new weapon(s), (e.g. Carmine Penta).

I have written it off as an area of WF I just do not play.

So, to answer DE's question of ease of understanding, I have found none, and cannot speak to the rest as solo I have failed every time.

All right, a couple weeks in, here we go. It's safe to say that I've changed my opinion on this update by a considerable amount from its launch. I'll start with what I don't like, followed by what I like.

Negatives
-Void Storms are inefficient. Not a secret. But the real problem is that there's almost no reason to do a void storm that isn't an exterminate mission if you want to be done quickly. If Void Storms are meant to be multiple missions stitched together, then they should also have appropriate relic rewards. If I'm doing four objectives, I should have four relics to crack.
-Corpus missions are bad. Really, really bad. What's the point of building and upgrading my ship if I'm just going to be playing standard Warframe. Have me go into the Stanchion to annihilate the Corpus, sure, but don't make me have to load into a normal corpus mission to do it. There's no need for it, especially since we've seen that you can spawn enemies in different areas.
-This is a persistent complaint from U28: The Granum ship defense map is probably the worst map in the game, and takes WAY too long, especially since the AI pathing on it is broken in some cases. Especially considering the fact that it takes twenty minutes to even GET to the defense part of the mission (when you have middling gear and are soloing, anyway), five waves by yourself averages to 30 minutes, for a total mission time of 50 minutes. This is unacceptable, and the bulk of my time playing railjack should obviously be in the ship itself. If I had a brain fart and wanted to play a Granum ship defense mission, I would do that.
-Sevagoth is a bit clunky. Part of it is that the changes on PC haven't been ported yet, but you're going to generally want to stick to one form, just like Equinox. When leveling him, any XP your shadow earns is not transferred to his main form, but you WILL level your shadow slowly in main form. Also, the decision to exclude a polarity for the aura slot on base form is confusing at best, and mean at worst. He's already a forma muncher, he doesn't need even more of a reason to be made more resource intensive.
-Who thought it would be a good idea to remove force hosting for railjack missions? I mean, I get the argument that a lot of players have been using, saying no one would ever willingly be a client, but 1) yes they will. I have literally spent minutes resetting my queue just so I won't host before, and 2) so what? Players should be free to choose whether they want to be captain or crew of a vessel.
-Host of railjack missions should be able to boot people out of the captain's chair. I don't care if that interrupts the flow of the game, I was holding it still for a reason. Stop flying my ship into ramsleds.
-Side-objectives should be marked from the start of a mission once the requisite intrinsic has been unlocked. I hate spending five minutes aimlessly meandering to see if Cy wants me to board a corpus crewship.
-I can't see any point to taking Gunnery 10, especially on hitscan weapons. Aiming is really not that hard, and the argument of "well, we give you a Mesa-level aimbot" is terrible. I don't want that. I like feeling like I'm in control of my guns.
-Too many intrinsics are numeric increases.
-Too many missions in railjack are recycled. Why are there two Orphix and two Volatile missions per sector? They're literally the same mission with a negligible difference in enemy levels.
-Too many basic functions of the railjack gamemode are gated behind Forge intrinsics, most notably healing the railjack. 
-Why is there a time limit to "on-call" crew members?
-There is zero point to commandeering an enemy crewship.
-Tactical map is not useful for tactics. If there is a way to mark objectives, that's great, but it's not shown on-screen.

Neutral
|Wreckage limits are pretty annoying, but this is about to be addressed. However, I'm worried that an annoying system will be replaced by an annoying system.
|Sevagoth's shadow is treated as a separate Warframe spawn, not a state change. As such, Preparation is almost required to use it, and my luck on getting it has been annoying.
|It's almost common knowledge that every 12th Orphix will drop an arcane, but these missions could stand to have a drop table preview.
|Tons of minor visual bugs. Some of these are hilarious, like Cy arguing with himself or Mesa Prime looking like she's made out of butter due to her model only loading low-poly without textures. I kind of like Butter Mesa, though. Due to the Zephyr Deluxe lander being a Liset "skin," it does create some interesting loading screens when the skin hasn't loaded yet.
|Load times are a bit long, but I'm also playing on a Tegra-based tablet, so what exactly can you do?
|Mirage Oneiro isn't appearing in the "new" section of the shop. Probably a minor error that will be fixed next hotfix.
|CoTT starts with a railjack spy mission, and yet the mode is absent from the game mode at launch. Odd, but it's been promised. I hope that it's more of a "go to a vault on one ship, then go to the next vault" sort of thing, rather than a "do an RJ skirmish and then do a spy mission"

Positives
+Sevagoth, overall, is a really well-done frame. I really enjoy having a 95% slow field around me at all times, especially one that doesn't drain too heavily. His splash damage is obscene, and Shadow's Embrace ability is the best pull to date.
+Zephyr's rework is on par with Nezha's for a complete overhaul while keeping the original flavor. The skin is also amazing. Maybe give Inaros and Loki the same treatment? I'd like those frames to have more than two abilities worth using.
+I love that permanent unvaultings are a thing. Do Rhino and Loki next, please.
+Dig the song.
+For all of the grief Void Storms get, I really like the idea. But there needs to be a reason to do them over and over again. It sounds like DE is working hard on this.
+Literally everything about Railjack 3.0. I love the Plexus, I love the new crew options, and I love the new weapons. I really love the Glazio. I hope status gets the same tune-up on foot as it does in the sky.

Edit: Posted in incorrect thread, will repost it in correct thread. Apologies.

Bug 1 - Crewmate Turrets

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Visual bug, crewmates turning into turrets after they leave the gunner seat.
  • VISUAL: Image
  • REPRODUCTION: Reassigning crewmates from the Gunner position to another after they have gotten into the gunner seat
  • EXPECTED RESULT: They should've looked like normal after leaving the gunner seat
  • OBSERVED RESULT: They became turrets with human heads and attachments you equipped on them
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time from what I can tell.

Bug 2 - Crewmate Kuva Armor

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Visual bug, Kuva chest armor looks very funky ingame compared to preview screen.
  • VISUAL: Image
  • REPRODUCTION: Equipping Kuva chest armor on the female Grineer crewmate
  • EXPECTED RESULT: They should've looked like the preview image
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The armor is pushed up and looks silly.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time from what I can tell.

We have officially started winding down the Update 30: Bug + Feedback Tracking board and are now closing the dedicated Update 30 subforum and megathreads. We are shifting resources and focus onto the next upcoming release for Warframe: The Sisters of Parvos!

As we conclude our first trial run of a public tracking board, we want to thank everyone who shared bug reports and feedback in the dedicated megathreads. Your participation was invaluable and we look forward to our next board when The Sisters of Parvos releases, which will continue this experiment to share known issues and feedback in an organized fashion.

Archived