Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immersive railjack [deep railjack idea]

MollAgdeduba

Ok imagine this... you log-in the game, and instead of be in your orbiter you are in your Railjack. Not the actual railjack, a better bigger one. The ship will be different from now cause all the function of the orbiter now are inside this new ship (so helminth room, operator room, foundry, relic, mods, breeding, market, decoration etc... etc...).

You have just logged but is not only the ship that is changed, is the game itself. Usually you log in in the planet of your last mission and now is the same, except one thing: you can move the ship. 

So you enter in the pilot seat and and you can move in a free space with asteroids, enemies, station, ships, secrets, and every other thing that could be generated in the space. And all will be like an "open world" but a little different. Everything is random generated around you and removed when you go too far, making this in fact an endless randomly generated map with infinite thing to do. In the space you should be able to farm resources (the one of the planet you are near) and kill enemies and do any other things you usually do in RJ. In this map you will be able to go archwing, enter in station, asteroids and ships, fight on the ground and in the space, explore randomized asteroids belt and enemies station, old orkin ship and long forgotten infested bases.

But take a look outside your cockpit... you don't see only the endless space and the randomly generated things... outside you have a skybox, and press the right key and on the screen will appear some beacon for travel to mission or other planet. Align your ship with a beacon, press the right button on your keyboard and voilà... you travel in the mission. (Of course if you don't like this you could also use the navigation system still working like now). Here an example of you aligned with "Apollodorus" on Mercury. If you take the "To Venus" you will travel to another space random generated map but with Venus skybox and Venus mission, Venus Theme (venus is corpus so you will find almost only corpus thing) and Venus resources.

spacewow.png

Planets with regular and RJ map, will display both the type like beacon, and pointing one or other you could know if is a RJ mission, a Archwing mission or a ground mission. Pointing a beacon, will also give you the option to choose if play that mission in regular mode or stell path (if available), or any other type of special mission (syndicate, relic, nighmare etc... etc...)

NOTE:

1) as i say: you could also use the navigation to access the missions and the menu with invasion/relic/nightmare, will be still like now.

2) When you log-in you start in a "no fight zone" and you can go back in no fight zone maybe kiling all enemies in the area or when RJ healt is 0 and not repaired (so forced X times of no fight zone) or just press something on keyboard... 

3) you could invite people, friend, clanmate, ally and people from chat to your "session" and will be like the actual "invite to orbiter". This people could use weapon, exit and do thing.

4) you could allow "online" and match with other people for do some random stuff together like you do in the open world.

4 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

If there will ever be a Warframe 2, I imagine this is what they would aim for. They have mentioned doing something akin to this in a devstream. But the game engine has it's limits.

If they split the IP the game would lose the only thing it has over other games which is a wholeness of content and an endless iceberg. Devision would not work. 

They need to continue to update when they get hold of new gen software. Bigger horizons, bigger threats. 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)ninpy said:

If they split the IP the game would lose the only thing it has over other games which is a wholeness of content and an endless iceberg. Division would not work. 

They need to continue to update when they get hold of new gen software. Bigger horizons, bigger threats. 

That's a tall order bud. It'd be cool if they could pull something like that off. I have zero idea of how they would handle an engine upgrade/change while maintaining meaningful updates and i aint even gonna begin to guess how it would work.

Im aware that they are already wroking their heads on how to put all the pieces of this game together, the immersive space travel is a rather obvious step, but once you have it, what do you do with it? Remember vanilla no man´s sky, a universe of nothing to do, at this point, im scared to see warframe get into some sort of teenager years, and its gonna become intolerable, fat, stinky and full of hair everywhere.

7 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Ok imagine this... you log-in the game, and instead of be in your orbiter you are in your Railjack. Not the actual railjack, a better bigger one. The ship will be different from now cause all the function of the orbiter now are inside this new ship (so helminth room, operator room, foundry, relic, mods, breeding, market, decoration etc... etc...).

You have just logged but is not only the ship that is changed, is the game itself. Usually you log in in the planet of your last mission and now is the same, except one thing: you can move the ship. 

And I already know where this is going.

No. Bad idea.

If I want to, say, do a Survival mission on Jupiter, I want to do a Survival mission on Jupiter. I do NOT want to do a Railjack mission over Europa just to unlock the Survival mission on Jupiter. And I ESPECIALLY do not want this action to lock off all the other missions in the game until I do yet more Railjack missions.

And to be clear, I LIKE Railjack in general

This is why "Railjack Defense" is such a joke, and the only reason we're not talking about it is because tweaking Void Storms is a slightly higher priority. It's literally not worth your time to go to Venus Proxima and do an entire Railjack mission, each and every time you want to unlock a Defense mission that has even fewer spawns than the other Defense missions in the game

I would enjoy the aethetics , as long as it stays optional.

It could have a bit more tie in , like when you enter the proximity of any planet there is an optional railjack mission , doing this mission would grant your some bonus for the next 3 missions you do on the planet (on foot) from a qol perspective.

Eg : do a railjack mission get commander credentials /inside info.

Starting an exterminate will make the enemy count lower,

Starting a spy will disable all cameras/lasers or remove enemies from vaults.

Starting MD will reduce defense time by 30% ,

Starting defense will reduce enemies per wave by 20%.

Survival life aupport decay would be 20% slower.

Excavations would start with 30% more energy.

Or something similar.

9 hours ago, rockscl said:

Im aware that they are already wroking their heads on how to put all the pieces of this game together, the immersive space travel is a rather obvious step, but once you have it, what do you do with it? Remember vanilla no man´s sky, a universe of nothing to do, at this point, im scared to see warframe get into some sort of teenager years, and its gonna become intolerable, fat, stinky and full of hair everywhere.

Well... the "things to do" is the game itself with his mission, relics and anything like is now (No man's sky was totally without this; you had space fo free move, but no missions or weapons and frame to lvl up or anything else to do). This will be just "something plus" to use your time when you are bored, or you don't know what to do or just you want to make things more immersive.

5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

And I already know where this is going.

No. Bad idea.

If I want to, say, do a Survival mission on Jupiter, I want to do a Survival mission on Jupiter. I do NOT want to do a Railjack mission over Europa just to unlock the Survival mission on Jupiter. And I ESPECIALLY do not want this action to lock off all the other missions in the game until I do yet more Railjack missions.

And to be clear, I LIKE Railjack in general

This is why "Railjack Defense" is such a joke, and the only reason we're not talking about it is because tweaking Void Storms is a slightly higher priority. It's literally not worth your time to go to Venus Proxima and do an entire Railjack mission, each and every time you want to unlock a Defense mission that has even fewer spawns than the other Defense missions in the game

I hope this is going to be at least read by a DE employe XD

And.. I have underlined 2 important things that i think you missed:

-) No fight zone: you start and could enter when you want in the "no fight zone", so if you just want to stay afk in your orbijack or you don't want to use the system, just don't move your ship, take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. Or, enter in pilot seat start to move yuor ship around and take the red pill: you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes

-) OPTIONAL: This will be completely optional. You can not touch your pilot seat ever, and use the navigation console exactly like now. Continue to play in the way you like and forgot that you can also do what i explained in this idea, exactly how you forgot a lot of missions nad things inside the game.

hace 8 horas, MollAgdeduba dijo:

Well... the "things to do" is the game itself with his mission, relics and anything like is now (No man's sky was totally without this; you had space fo free move, but no missions or weapons and frame to lvl up or anything else to do). This will be just "something plus" to use your time when you are bored, or you don't know what to do or just you want to make things more immersive.

Thats the immediate effect of enabling some sort of immersive traveling, but imagine what will also logically come next:

"Yo DE, why dont you spawn me grinner fighters so i can fight them when im travelling to Venus"

And that is only the tip of the iceberg.

This conversation, is more than probably something crawling in the minds of everyone who has played this game, and its becoming rather patent that the time to talk about it is coming closer to a point where it cant be ignored anymore.

My point of view, is that if warframe still stands with its goal to "become the best game it can possibly be", then they will have to conjugate space travelling and fighting(plus looting, ranking, grinding) to the point where theres not frontier between the two, because of they dont do that, well, then they will not be "becoming the best it can be"

On 2021-04-16 at 12:37 PM, (PSN)ninpy said:

If they split the IP the game would lose the only thing it has over other games which is a wholeness of content and an endless iceberg. Devision would not work. 

They can do a game engine update (but all your stuff would still be there).

Honestly, the idea of this intrigues me.

I would love having the option to fly across the System manually and do random things, pop down into missions directly from the ship snd whatnot, while also having the instant access of the Nav console.

I don't know how well they could do it, if they even could, but I know I would personally love this concept.

Archived