Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Certified Supplier?

Llminx

People selling The Ignis Wraith nowadays are just trying to rip off uninformed new players. What you need to do is find someone who is in a clan with the BP unlocked. Most of them will give the blueprint to you for free. If that is not an option you can play Railjack missions and loot those “Loot Dungeons” for a chance to grab it.

Claiming to be certified when no such certification exists is unethical.
But nothing is really gonna be done about it. As long as he doesn't circumvent the trading protections to scam someone, DE won't take action.
-
I bet a lot of kids fall for this, which is fine. It is a teachable moment, as they say.
Selling something that commonly has a 5plat value for 50plat is just good business, as long as you're honest about it.
The worth of an item is something the buyer and seller have to agree on, after all.

People used to sell it at first when it was awarded to the clans but over time people started to hand it out for free so nowdays you can get it free from most of these clans, mine included.

There are alternatives to it nowdays obviously but it's still easier to get it free from a clan compared to wasting Ducats with Baro or farming it with railjack.

27 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well I guess we know that you sell them and try scam people.

Yes I know it comes down to buyer beware and do your research and all that, but damn I feel sorry for NEW players forking out 50p on something I'll just give away to help them out, hell even if you sell it for 2p or 5p, not as harsh as profiteering like that player is at 50p for one.

Then to get some player saying they are a Certified Seller to lull new players into a false sense of cool they must be a good seller just makes my blood boil, it's just a form of false profiteering and lying to get a sale off the back of a person who doesn't know any better. 

ZtspF.jpg

yes I said something.

The game operates on a free market system. Platinum prices for trade goods are non-enforceable, which means that players can sell items and buy items for whatever price they feel to be fair. If you disagree with someone's prices, don't trade with them, simple as that; just because they sell an item for more than what others do doesn't make them evil, bad, or a scam artist... and it certainly is not an excuse to harass, insult or otherwise attack a them (which does violate the game and forum's code of conduct). If a user sells an item for the price they advertise, then it's all above bar.

You wouldn't attack a store clerk or manager for selling a candy bar at $1 more than the store next door, so stow the pitchfork, check that toxic behavior and move on. And If you are the sort of person who would attack someone for the reason above, then perhaps you should work on your overall behavior towards other people before engaging with others in this community.

As for the topic of certification, no, there is no official certification for traders granted by Digital Extremes. Any claims of certification by traders are unofficial and are not moderated/enforced by the rules, moderators or DE. However if a user is claiming they are, explicitly, "certified by DE", you should be wary of and/or report them, as claims of this manner would be considered a form of scamming (as there is no such thing as being 'trade certified by DE').

Archived