Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I would like to suggest a new variation of mission type: Pizza Delivery (Serious)

Ciennas

The premise is simple: Do y'all remember how in the Raimi Spiderman films, how Peter Parker took a job delivering pizzas in New York, while also using his phenomenal wall crawling powers to circumvent New York traffic?

Picture it- You start very much like the Mobile Defense Missions- with your Warframe gleaming in the distant light of Sol, and laying beside you is the Payload- Maybe it's an explosive, or a vial of desperately needed palliative cleanser for the forests of Earth, or maybe the people still aboard Mycona Colony need the Tenno to perform crucial maintenance on their habitat reactors, bringing desperately needed coolant to a reactor deep in the habitat where even the Mycona Hunters dare not tread?

(Or maybe Kela de Thaym gets high as balls again and demands that her Greedy Milk Ramen be delivered to her in less then thirty minutes or she will attack a colony, and she has forgotten to tell the on site personnel that you are totally supposed to be here this time.)

Your payload needs to be held by one player, who will notice that it has a shield and health bar- damage that would normally hit them can hit their payload instead, and the payload can be damaged in transit from point A to Point B. The better condition the payload arrives in, the better the reward. The payload would take approximately 5-15% of damage the player recieved.

Depending on the nature of the payload, the players get progressively nicer rewards for it being delivered in good shape.

Players could even integrate Lunaro mechanics into this- tossing the payload from player to player to either balance disadvantages or to draw fire away from the payload, maybe to keep the incubator warm by leeching off of energy pools similar to how fast Grendel's energy pool drains when they have a single enemy consumed?

I dunno, it just feels like there's all kinds of fun space ninja missions one could perform with that kind of setup. Any thoughts?

8 hours ago, Ciennas said:

Any thoughts?

I don't know....

It sounds like something you can pretend to do right now just by speed running capture missions.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

A rather complex, yet engaging take on regular mission types. I wouldn't oppose to this.

I would prefer something that accommodates every type of Warframe..... If I was a Trinity Main this would Suck Donkey Balls....

Unless they disable operators, Limbo, mechs(future), or any frame that can move at ridiculous speed with a item in tow, the mission will devolve into cheesed speedruns.

I'm not saying I'm against the mission type, but I just see problems with what is available to circumvent the challenge.

18 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

4cd1ceac35d7d3d56dd49c414a9d8075.png

Sorry not Sorry

Anyways, I would like some sort of "Special Delivery" mission. Maybe make this a Railjack gamemode where you pick up the item in one part of space while being attacked and then you warp into the destination while also being attacked when flying into the objective.

4 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Sorry not Sorry

Anyways, I would like some sort of "Special Delivery" mission. Maybe make this a Railjack gamemode where you pick up the item in one part of space while being attacked and then you warp into the destination while also being attacked when flying into the objective.

Perfection. We have peaked as a species. Orokin, take note xD

Also yes, great idea!

On 2021-05-05 at 6:36 AM, Deminisis said:

Unless they disable operators, Limbo, mechs(future), or any frame that can move at ridiculous speed with a item in tow, the mission will devolve into cheesed speedruns.

Yeah, I thought the same (mainly Limbo).

However... what if this payload (or whatever) get timer (e.g. 30 seconds) and after the timer runs out it will explode and kill everything within, let's say 5 meters radius.

That would solve complete cheese mechanic (Limbo) but still allows you to use gear that's best suited for it. I don't think "speedster" frames (or other vehicles) should be disabled. This mode would require more than speed. Do anyone remember 1st mission from Orphix Venom event? Resonators were in hard-to-reach places. It requires you to know the map and be "nimble enough".

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Yeah, I thought the same (mainly Limbo).

However... what if this payload (or whatever) get timer (e.g. 30 seconds) and after the timer runs out it will explode and kill everything within, let's say 5 meters radius.

That would solve complete cheese mechanic (Limbo) but still allows you to use gear that's best suited for it. I don't think "speedster" frames (or other vehicles) should be disabled. This mode would require more than speed. Do anyone remember 1st mission from Orphix Venom event? Resonators were in hard-to-reach places. It requires you to know the map and be "nimble enough".

What makes you think Limbo can't move fast? Just subsume an ability that makes you move fast. Reeve, Vial Rush, Molt, there's probably a few others I'm forgetting.

7 hours ago, (PSN)mahoshonenfox said:

What makes you think Limbo can't move fast? Just subsume an ability that makes you move fast. Reeve, Vial Rush, Molt, there's probably a few others I'm forgetting.

I wasn't very precise, sorry. I meant it won't allow things like Limbo going to the Rift making Payload immortal, making the mode cheese mechanic.

You could still use Limbo for it's speed (it's very quick compared to other frames, based only on sprint speed).

Archived