Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on my current Nezha Prime build?

-SilverWolfPrime-

Question

Currently building my Nezha Prime and I'm having a lot of fun, both figuring out a good build and playing as him. Here is the current build I have so far:

https://i.imgur.com/TC7rNzS.png

This build is meant to be a more offensive-oriented build.

Fire Walker is replaced with Eclipse, giving a 403.5% Damage Increase.

Adaptation is Rank 10 to conserve capacity and add something into the Exilus slot, but it can be fully ranked if need be.

Safeguard is replaceable with Stretch or Streamline. Power Drift can be replaced with anything Rank 7-9. Just staple Arcanes as well.

Energy Siphon is added in to offset the low efficiency, but also fairly flexible. I would rather not add Steel Charge just for the added capacity, and I don't use my Melee often enough to warrant it. I do, however, have Aura Formas I could add on if need be.

Is there anything I could do to improve this set up a little more?

13 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

https://i.imgur.com/TC7rNzS.png

This build is meant to be a more offensive-oriented build.

It is ?

That is alot of Survivability for an Offensive Build 😲 !!!

51 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

Is there anything I could do to improve this set up a little more?

You could remove Arcane Guardian....

It might seem silly considering Nezha Halo scales with both Strength and Armor but the idea here is to reduce the amount of Down time inbetween Halo Casts... The weaker it is... Faster it it will break and thus triggering the AoE sooner... All together that means you trigger that specific AoE more often. 

It's a strange build a friend showed me once.... I never tried it myself because Nezha isnt as picky about build types as other Frames but it did sound like fun....

Thats a lot of damage in one small package 😄

you shouldn't need vitality or guardian, i rarely take health damage while the halo is on, but then again ,  do use the spears more often to CC enemies (and the splitting chakrams more than make up for the reduced strength) and have an augur mod to get me some added shield defense. and the chip damage is taken care of by the chakrams health orbs.

Maybe some efficiency and a slightly lower rank blind rage to keep the efficiency above 100 will net better results. Equilibrium will work just as well.

Heres my 1 forma general build, i have completed steel path with this and never felt like it needed anything more.

822ABBB37D46E68B356DC9B7B20C411F739C0594

you could replace the augur reach or stretch with augur message to get the same duration as you build ,

I use safeguard cause i like to coat my companion with it ... hmm , probably should replace it now that i am mostly using the panzer.

vigilante pursuit is for the added crit bonus , can be replaced with power drift or cunning drift (cunning drift is fun as the slide is adding a lot of mobility)

Not gonna argue with someone who finished steel path with his build. And yeah, i feel it looks really "safe" for an offensive build.

Personally my nezha is built around his 4 - 2 combo. So absolutely maximum power strength + chakram and passive augment. Whatever defense i have is from shieldgate and casting 3, the massive armor from umbral set really helps -until warframe stop caring about difficulty levels or game mechanics and just straight up oneshot every players.

Disclaimer: it haven't conquered sp, but it haven't disappoint me so far.

On 2021-05-04 at 7:58 PM, Lutesque said:

You could remove Arcane Guardian....

I tried out replacing it with Arcane Avenger in an attempt to increase Halo damage output...yeah I like it a lot XD

On 2021-05-04 at 11:57 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

you shouldn't need vitality or guardian, i rarely take health damage while the halo is on, but then again ,  do use the spears more often to CC enemies (and the splitting chakrams more than make up for the reduced strength) and have an augur mod to get me some added shield defense. and the chip damage is taken care of by the chakrams health orbs.

On 2021-05-04 at 11:57 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

Maybe some efficiency and a slightly lower rank blind rage to keep the efficiency above 100 will net better results. Equilibrium will work just as well.

I think I'll try out the reduced Blind Rage next, though I'm a little skeptical with removing more Ability Strength since I'd like to deal as much damage with my Chakram's as possible, and the added Strength helps give Eclipse the over 400% Damage Increase. I guess I don't necessarily need Eclipse and I could go for another damage increase ability, just not sure what.

I think I'll take out Safeguard for Streamline for added Efficiency, I really can't stand low Efficiency builds. Fleeting Expertise lowers my Duration too low, and I need that up to make the most of Eclipse, so I'll avoid that for now.

I've tried out Equilibrium a little bit, gonna try it out a bit more, but I'm not sure if I like it all that much, especially without Umbral Vitality. Since I have Warding Halo up so much I barely take any damage when there are Health Orbs around, and the moment I do get my Health taken away I die quick at high level missions anyway. I noticed you don't run Primed Flow in your build, perhaps I could do something like Equilibrium/Umbral Vitality/Streamline, and that way I'm up to 75% Efficiency without sacrificing Health or Ability Strength?

EDIT: And to be honest, it might be more than it's worth to have Eclipse in the build. I'm not sure if it's worth having around compared to Fire Walker

17 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

I tried out replacing it with Arcane Avenger in an attempt to increase Halo damage output...yeah I like it a lot XD

I think I'll try out the reduced Blind Rage next, though I'm a little skeptical with removing more Ability Strength since I'd like to deal as much damage with my Chakram's as possible, and the added Strength helps give Eclipse the over 400% Damage Increase. I guess I don't necessarily need Eclipse and I could go for another damage increase ability, just not sure what.

I think I'll take out Safeguard for Streamline for added Efficiency, I really can't stand low Efficiency builds. Fleeting Expertise lowers my Duration too low, and I need that up to make the most of Eclipse, so I'll avoid that for now.

I've tried out Equilibrium a little bit, gonna try it out a bit more, but I'm not sure if I like it all that much, especially without Umbral Vitality. Since I have Warding Halo up so much I barely take any damage when there are Health Orbs around, and the moment I do get my Health taken away I die quick at high level missions anyway. I noticed you don't run Primed Flow in your build, perhaps I could do something like Equilibrium/Umbral Vitality/Streamline, and that way I'm up to 75% Efficiency without sacrificing Health or Ability Strength?

EDIT: And to be honest, it might be more than it's worth to have Eclipse in the build. I'm not sure if it's worth having around compared to Fire Walker

Eclipse is definitely more damage , but dont forget its not always at max , it depends on environment lighting so you only have potential 400% damage , your actual damage will be usually less.

The point of more efficiency is actually to make sure you can cast warding halo in a pinch, i used to run blind rage in the past but i found myself without energy and dying very often , cause at higher levels warding can be destroyed in one shot and you can run out of energy as well. so quick cast ability + augur + brief invincibility = very good survivability.

I forgot to mention i run a vulpaphyla with synth mods , so i am always picking up health even when i am full , so it works well with equilibrium may not work with your build if you are usually at max health.

I also have a zaw with exodia brave , so energy is usually not an issue for me so i dropped flow. And if i have enough enemies clumped together with spears i nearly always gain a couple of energy drops with chakram. i am always at more than 50% energy (except when there are leeches).

I havent added anything to Nezha from helminth , as he has a complete kit already. but something that does shield regen would be my pick. Pillage is staple on a lot of my builds as it does so many things , it reduces enemy defense, gives you overshields and indirectly grants additional damage.

I think I might just go back to a more generalized build then and not even worry about Eclipse. I like having all of that Ability Strength, but the low Efficiency and running Equilibrium/Primed Flow/Synth Panzer Vulphaphyla/Arcane Energize still leaves me with very little energy to use my abilities the way I would like to, and it makes Warding Halo become very expensive to use, to the point where I have to decide to use Divine Spears/Chakram combo or a Warding Halo at any given moment. Taking out Eclipse would also give me more leniency by being able to lower a little bit of Duration, since that ability is the only reason why Duration is high in the first place.

I could very well try Pillage as well; keeping the build the way it is with Stretch over Streamline could help strip armor and compliment Chakram's Heat procs. The main problem I'm having is that, even with the 400% Damage Increase and an Arcane Avenger proc, it doesn't deal much damage at high levels. I'm thinking that, despite my best efforts, Chakram isn't supposed to be a damaging ability, and is more or less just there for the Health Orbs and Energy Orbs. And the only reason I have Fire Walker replaced is that I'm not sure how to use it at all.

2 hours ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

I think I might just go back to a more generalized build then and not even worry about Eclipse. I like having all of that Ability Strength, but the low Efficiency and running Equilibrium/Primed Flow/Synth Panzer Vulphaphyla/Arcane Energize still leaves me with very little energy to use my abilities the way I would like to, and it makes Warding Halo become very expensive to use, to the point where I have to decide to use Divine Spears/Chakram combo or a Warding Halo at any given moment. Taking out Eclipse would also give me more leniency by being able to lower a little bit of Duration, since that ability is the only reason why Duration is high in the first place.

I could very well try Pillage as well; keeping the build the way it is with Stretch over Streamline could help strip armor and compliment Chakram's Heat procs. The main problem I'm having is that, even with the 400% Damage Increase and an Arcane Avenger proc, it doesn't deal much damage at high levels. I'm thinking that, despite my best efforts, Chakram isn't supposed to be a damaging ability, and is more or less just there for the Health Orbs and Energy Orbs. And the only reason I have Fire Walker replaced is that I'm not sure how to use it at all.

Chakram is primarily a debuffing ability , so enemies take more damage from your regular attacks when under the influence of it.

Even though it can kill enemies , you will need multiple casts/bounces for it to be effective even with reaping chakram.

it can scale up to sortie , but then its damage starts to fall off.

Pillage doesnt really need much range (duration is better), neutral range and duration is good enough for most rooms, having near 200% strength would help with better stripping though.

Don't forget that the only abilty that requires duration is Fire Walker - and you've gotten rid of that!

So swap duration mods with efficiency ones and you'll do a lot better - eg replace Blind Rage with Transient Fortitude.

Personally, I stick a lot of strength on him, I like his halo the most so its at max, but TBH I could probably do more efficiency to recast it often rather than have a huge halo health that gets cast once per mission (twice and I get worried things are not going right!)

1 hour ago, gbjbaanb said:

Don't forget that the only abilty that requires duration is Fire Walker - and you've gotten rid of that!

Doesn't Chakram work off Duration too ? 

I thought you have to kill the enemies while under its effects to get the Orbs...

The duration affects the time the enemies are subject to the debuffs/status effects, they still have the same chance to drop orbs. The default is 15s, if you need more than that to kill them, you're probably going to have to chuck it again anyway, so I think that duration is still a bit pointless for this ability. Better stick it on strength to increase the heat damage inflicted.

1 hour ago, gbjbaanb said:

The duration affects the time the enemies are subject to the debuffs/status effects, they still have the same chance to drop orbs. The default is 15s, if you need more than that to kill them, you're probably going to have to chuck it again anyway, so I think that duration is still a bit pointless for this ability. Better stick it on strength to increase the heat damage inflicted.

If that's the case.... Then yeah... More Strength Baby 😈 !!!!

if you need Energy Siphon on top of Energize AND Flow, that suggests you should probably reconsider your Mod choices.

any yeah, high Duration isn't needed on Nezha, if there's other stuff you'd also like, it will probably be more useful.

Archived