Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary need to be rework to exclude out AFK player

whatiswar01

As we all know Sanctuary onslaught is always been a place to farm affinity fast and also some relic and rare reward. But we also do know that there're a lot of player who just afk there to get free exp and do nothing at all.

So here i have some suggestion for DE to change SO into a more satisfy mode for those who are really contributing.

- Add a mode that if any player standstill for more than 15-20 second and he's not killing any enemies, enemy that are spawning will decrease just like the enemy spawn will decrease from 4 player to 3 or less. The reason of standstill and also not killing is that, we know some ppl just nuke and standstill so it this will be no affect for them. But i do know that this will be not fair to those who are killing, so maybe we can do it like the affinity they gain from killing enemy will increase.

Example: 4 player will spawn 100 enemy, and each enemy give 10 affnity when killed. So a total of 1000affinity, but when a ppl afk and not killing any, the amount of enemy drop to 75 and the 75 enemy will have the share of 1000affinity. 1000/75= 13.33 affinity each for those who are killing. And the ppl that afk will get 0 affinity no matter how much the other 3 person have kill. The restriction will only unlock when he start killing like 10 enemies or moving around like 20-30 sec.

- Or add a voting system just like other games, player can vote to kick the uncontribute player, like the player that kill the most enemy had the decision to start the vote. Because the percentage of dmg deal is not reliable. Using a heavy attack build melee to one strike an enemy will let u become the highest percentage of dmg dealer, but didn't equal to the most enemy kill. (This voting is only for mode like ESO, SO, Survival, Defense, to kick those didn't contributing and we had no method to kick them out. But not for those normal quest like free roam and else.)

As i bought the prime access now and go into SO to farm for affinity, i am upset that still so much of AFK player there after so long. And even some are those MR 25+ to afk there after they bought a prime access or just newbie who just start playing and start learning the behavior of AFK to get free reward.

41 minutes ago, whatiswar01 said:

- Or add a voting system just like other games, player can vote to kick the uncontribute player, like the player that kill the most enemy had the decision to start the vote

IDK about this. Ive experienced some seriously toxic abuse with voting systems in the past. I think its good not to include this stuff.

I get that its annoying, but especially for SO its easy to just leave and start again. Something should be done, but not something so heavy handed.

44 minutes ago, whatiswar01 said:

if any player standstill for more than 15-20 second and he's not killing any enemies

This would mean no more taking pure support frames or loadouts.

The current inactivity system is 2 min without moving more than 5m. The timer could be shortened for SO and ESO, but there are those who dont move much but still contribute.

46 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I get that its annoying, but especially for SO its easy to just leave and start again. Something should be done, but not something so heavy handed.

I mean that i dont even want to share a single affnity to those who did ntg, i simply left will not solve the problem. I cant simply abort the mission because abort a mission will make you have no extra affinity, cuz u know that the affinity is earning in a way of give u some amount + another extra 25% of affnity (or more idk). So, if i simply left the extra amount will get deducted. And even i dont go in for the affnity, it is still unfair for the other teammate.

49 minutes ago, chaotea said:

This would mean no more taking pure support frames or loadouts.

But if they're supportive frame means they are not AFK they still need to press some button like pressing 2 for trinity. Then if they're not AFK a simple WASD is ntg much? or maybe DE can also add in ability cast also include as a thing to reset their afk timer.

51 minutes ago, chaotea said:

The current inactivity system is 2 min without moving more than 5m. The timer could be shortened for SO and ESO, but there are those who dont move much but still contribute.

Yaa i just know that from my clanmate, but i think it was still abit long for SO or ESO, cuz 2 min is enough to upgrade their loadout from 0 to like 15-20 by just afk there and alt tab until the zone automatic kick him out. And they just repeat like 2-3 times is enough for them to forma again, the cost of their action is just left click to join random squad and alt tab to watch those clickbait video.

The all-time-excuse for "No vote for kick" thing gets onto my nerves.

I have had never bad experiences with this system in any MMORPG or whatsoever "toxic" game.

The "trade-off" for having the system, that some individuals, in this case snowflakes, rage-voting someone out won't mean that the system is bad overall. It is like hating all the germans because someone from austria thought "yea, lets #*!% this world up, I will raise nazis and such". I just don't get this excuse about not including the vote system. It is plain simple: effective, when not abused. When its being abused, just report that player via zendesk, that is it. The support would have at least a lift-off from all these afk-griefing-leeching player reports and players could actually force leeching tards to actually play the damn game instead of idling either at an AI-dead spot or simply limboing the crap out of their farming session.

Either DE adds better countermeasurements, as avoiding the afk-flag by simply running a stupid 100ms-500ms delay macro with w + s + jump will never do the trick and nothing will ever change. Even if you run 10 rounds with someone who kept afk for 95% of the time, he simply needs to run around for the last 30 seconds and pick at least a single item up ... and he won't be flagged as an afk-user and will get the rewards at the end of the mission. This is simply not enough.

Enough of the AFK leechers, where most of them are even rude and insulting.

1 hour ago, iHeuksal said:

Enough of the AFK leechers, where most of them are even rude and insulting.

Yeap, most of them dont even care about you and just alt tab to enjoy their things. At least a simple text of "Thanks" and i will not report them, but they just stand there till the mission end and leave the squad.

5 hours ago, whatiswar01 said:

I mean that i dont even want to share a single affnity to those who did ntg, i simply left will not solve the problem. I cant simply abort the mission because abort a mission will make you have no extra affinity, cuz u know that the affinity is earning in a way of give u some amount + another extra 25% of affnity (or more idk). So, if i simply left the extra amount will get deducted. And even i dont go in for the affnity, it is still unfair for the other teammate.

Right, but you can leave at the first portal.

I feel like you make this a choice though. You can say in chat 'afker, im going to leave' and then the others have the same choice. Or you can, sorry to say, suck it up and keep going.

I say this as someone who sometimes, though very rarely, finds the same thing.

But if they're supportive frame means they are not AFK they still need to press some button like pressing 2 for trinity. Then if they're not AFK a simple WASD is ntg much? or maybe DE can also add in ability cast also include as a thing to reset their afk timer.

Yes, but you specifically said "...and he's not killing any enemies....". You could take a pure support warframe for example, with combat discipline.

Yaa i just know that from my clanmate, but i think it was still abit long for SO or ESO, cuz 2 min is enough to upgrade their loadout from 0 to like 15-20 by just afk there and alt tab until the zone automatic kick him out. And they just repeat like 2-3 times is enough for them to forma again, the cost of their action is just left click to join random squad and alt tab to watch those clickbait video.

Theres always those who will get round the AFK timers. And if we impliment the vote system, you know theres going to be people at MR25+ who will auto kick anyone under MR20 for 'being a noob'.

So many systems brought in to police AFKers end up being abused by eliteists and salty angry people. AFK timers need to be reasonably hard to trigger, but harsh when they do. Like '60 seconds of not being active (moving, dealing damage or using an ability / ally or enemy effected by an ability) and you get the AFK brand. Be active at any time to loose the brand. If branded when the game ends you loose all mission progress as if you abandoned.

Would need testing, but it seems reasonable.

On 2021-05-26 at 3:47 AM, whatiswar01 said:

we know some ppl just nuke and standstill so it this will be no affect for them

Seems to me someone is trying to say if your not a nuker, dont play this mode, or if your not giving me energy to nuke stay out aka Trintiy. Frames that cannot nuke or collect room full of enemies can do little to nothing when enemies die before they run up the them. This has always been the issue with allowing unbalanced AFK nuking abilities that bypass LoS and non-nukers into the same room. The non-nukers feel out of place because the amount of effort need my result in nothing or very minimal as everything dies before they get to targets on map. 

Also this non-AFK is easily negated by moving or shooting only one enemy/ bot duration for kick.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-05-31 at 1:32 AM, kwlingo said:

The non-nukers feel out of place because the amount of effort need my result in nothing or very minimal as everything dies before they get to targets on map. 

I didn't mention anything that point out non-nuke frame just dont join ESO. The thing i trying to say is player need to stay active in game or at least tell if he go toilet or something. I am also a guy that didn't always nuke, but if im ranking up my lv 0 weapon, i will simply put it some damage mod and go in to at least try to kill, and not just standing there and do nothing. When the player that killing ask "Why you didn't move and contribute?" and they will just say, "cuz My WeApOn IS UnRankED" nope this should not be a reason for them to afk. With a simple serration and element mod u can at least kill some mob but they don't trying and just pretend that they cant kill it. And you know what, even their weapon is capable to kill they will just continue afk then and dont reply to your question to leech.

So my main point is not kicking out those newbie, is just kick out those leech that do minimum effort but looking for a maximum income.

On 2021-05-31 at 1:32 AM, kwlingo said:

Also this non-AFK is easily negated by moving or shooting only one enemy/ bot duration for kick.

Yea, thats why i give example as killing around 10 enemies not just 1 or 2. And also shorten the afk timer from 2 min to 20 sec

3 hours ago, whatiswar01 said:

So my main point is not kicking out those newbie, is just kick out those leech that do minimum effort but looking for a maximum income.

I agree with you.

I dont mind carrying people that atleast attempt to kill something, or tell me they need to go afk for 1 min for bathroom break or something.
But there are those that make 0 attempts at all, those that jump onto the ceiling and do absolutely nothing.

On 2021-06-15 at 10:17 AM, TimmiWNG said:

I dont mind carrying people that atleast attempt to kill something, or tell me they need to go afk for 1 min for bathroom break or something.
But there are those that make 0 attempts at all, those that jump onto the ceiling and do absolutely nothing.

Same, i can kill most of the enemy for you. But the premise is you at least need to actively participate in the match or at least a TY or thank you. I mean it was the easiest thing to just type a thanks to those helping u?

Just feeling like those leecher squad is getting bigger rn. Every match of SO or ESO will guarantee with at least 1 leecher and i had only the choice of:

-keep killing enemies to benefit myself for affitiny but also benefit those brainless leech

-leave the squad and keep on finding the squad that had no leech at all, but the percentage of success is lower than the percentage of finding a "forgotten grineer cache"

-tell squad to stop killing cuz they're leech, and this will waste time of leecher but also those who playing. But not actually harming the leech cuz they press alt+tab to watch baby shark. And at the end is just wasting our time

And no matter which option i choose, the brainless leech will still benefits from the match. All they had to do is just alt tab back to the game 1~2 sec to check whether his unpaid worker is working for him. By all this benefits, who will still want to kill for random tenno when we are contributing to peoples that doing ntg and not even a "thanks”? I did give some advice to change SO ESO and those endless mission in my post few weeks ago. Idk will it be imply or even a better way to solve it, but i think i might be joining the leecher squad too to watch doraemon.

Cuz i dont think they really get ban, or the ban is lethal to them to able to stop them from doing that. I did report few player who are leeching by recording their act and the stat of them, but i dont really know what is the consequences they're facing. Leeching is just too happy and with no effort to get the same reward as those who're working for that.

this has been the case for years, ESO just came 2 years back. before that we had Hydron and intercept tilesets. more players = more enemies = more affinity when killed. going solo will have less enemies. upto you, what you think has most benefit to you. Avoid public squads if you don't want to find leechers or form actual squad.  

If you do decide to start leeching, then do it the way I do and at least bring a frame that can push a button every 10 seconds and help the team, like a Trinity, Nova (speed or neutral), Protea, etc. or bring Wisp and put down your motes at the start of the round. You can still help the team without killing a single enemy.

4 hours ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

why should people try and kill if a saryn/mirage/equinox is doing all the work? /s

I thought u know that im saying in a way that they're no nuker and everyone in the SO need to manually kill enemies to get xp

5 hours ago, Dauggie said:

Avoid public squads if you don't want to find leechers or form actual squad.  

Is just hard to find squad in my region, and solo the mission will reduce enemy spawn like u said, so what should i do when all of them are leeching and doing ntg that benefits to me.

On 2021-06-22 at 2:31 AM, Rawbeard said:

that does not apply to sanctuary, that always swamps you with the same amount.

Idk where u get this info from. I had find wiki and the forum and still didn't get info relevant to wht u said. Can u link the source?

Idk where u get this info from.

have you noticed how the status bar does not fill 4 times as fast when with a full team than when solo? unlike in modes like survival, when being solo is a pain in the ass and can be downright impossible to kill enough for the mission to not fail within the first 20 minutes?

I mean... I have done solo focus runs when I still needed focus and I did not get less out of those either than going full rando. somehow I doubt that was changed since then. I do not read the wiki, so I cannot tell you where to find this information.

Move the conduit to next level to random location instead of exact same spot, so ppl would have to give enough care to check at least in bloody 2 min or so instead of being able to alt tab out for half an hour and receive all the benefits of leecher.

Ppl who choose to play support like EV Trin or Roar Rhino can still follow no problem, even majority of leechers who would be harmless doing nothing will be able to follow no problem(I honestly don' t mind carrying a couple around myself), but it will cut out the most 'uncaring alt-tab out not even thank you' type of leechers.

Archived