Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

Just now, LillyRaccune said:

Agreed and agreed. I'm really hoping for merging, but freedom to play nearly anywhere is king.

Yeah it will be awesome, I just recently got back in after three years and my switch account is an infant compared to my PS4 or PC one so I'd can't wait to use those saves everywhere 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cbunn said:

The disconnect between DE staff and every EVERY live video is amazing, 90% of comments are "Cross play/ cross save WHEN" and the hosts are like: Let us talk about the wallpaper on the apartments

Scott already stated a few devstreams ago that they have no news to give about it. what are they supposed to do? talk about it in every devstream? lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

Scott already stated a few devstreams ago that they have no news to give about it. what are they supposed to do? talk about it in every devstream? lol

Maybe focus on that feature and not treat it like a footnote in lieu of other stuff?

Edited by Cbunn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

they already are? 

it's not like it's a click of a button to make a game fully crossplay, it takes time and a whole lot of work. lol

As a sysadmin with 20 years experience, I know that porting systems can be a hassle. But the connection is no mistery. There are no playstation bits that need to be converted in xbox bit on the network. And it's not a wild bet that the user data is stored in the same database format. The challenge would be in merging, and cross play, as you have to account for duplicate user names, differences through systems universe states and such. That I believe will be a proper mess

Now, giving an xbox access to a playstation database to load the player, so he can use his playstation save on an xbox, shouldn't be as daunting, unless DE has split in the past into 3 companies that each developed the same game with feature parity but with wildly different technologies. Just block the player from trading and buying while not on the creation platform, as it would mess up the economy as is right now.

The real problem, for cross save, is lawyers. For cross play and even more so merging, it can be a technical challenge. We have version parity right now, it's not like a cross save can complete an event that is unexistant on the main platform. But I'd imagine Sony would be furious if I booted the game on PC to buy cheap plat then booted it on the PS5 to play. Guess wich one is easier to fix

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cbunn said:

The real problem, for cross save, is lawyers. For cross play and even more so merging, it can be a technical challenge. We have version parity right now, it's not like a cross save can complete an event that is unexistant on the main platform. But I'd imagine Sony would be furious if I booted the game on PC to buy cheap plat then booted it on the PS5 to play. Guess wich one is easier to fix

Easy fix. 

Make it so that only matchmaking is crossplatform. 

the games will most probably still be quite separated and to be quite honest i hope that console players and pc players could never trade. 

because that would easily mean that consoles will get the short end of the stick and lose all of their plats to pc players. 

and i don't think playstation players want to be in the same position as Xbox players where a Nekros set is up to almost 500 pl. ugh.

• Like 1

Hey folks!

Regarding Cross-Play and Cross-Save coming to Warframe soon.

This SOON is so irritating, one year and a half already passed, DEAR Mr.Dev. kindly work harder on this matter. The game is dead now, yea we got new update it was fun now the game is dead again.

·         if you want more profit, Cross-Play and Cross-Save is the way to go.

·         if you want to attract more to your community this is the way to go.

·         if you want In- game market to move rapidly guess what (this is the way to go.)

many things will change, games modes will be played more due to increment of players.

Don’t say this hard to implement, many other games done it. Example, Destiny, Fortnite. Apex, Dauntless and many other games which will take time to write them all.

PLEASE for Warframe community give us date & time. Not the SOON word.

Thanks a lot.

inb4 thread locked for redundancy

7 minutes ago, (PSN)AMG63_UAE said:

The game is dead now, yea we got new update it was fun now the game is dead again.

The game is not dead. The game has an active playerbase on all platforms and still receives regular updates. You do not know what a dead game looks like.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)AMG63_UAE said:

Don’t say this hard to implement, many other games done it. Example, Destiny, Fortnite. Apex, Dauntless and many other games which will take time to write them all.

Notice how none of those games have player economies to worry about. If it's such an easy thing to do, go get a job at DE and help them out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PSN)AMG63_UAE said:

Cross-play is like 5% code, 95% lawyers. You wanna get cross-play faster, don't blame DE. Find a way to talk to Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo about it

• Like 2

Yeah, the whole "Hurry up devs!" Shtick is exactly why we get half baked games these days. Let DE work on it at their own pace. It's not gonna kill you to wait. There's more going on behind the scenes anyway, of which you know nothing about. Being a drama queen does not do anything to help.

Edited by (PSN)ErydisTheLucario
  • Like 1

Am 13.5.2022 um 18:54 schrieb Jarriaga:

I presume you think this is just a coding and programming effort, flat-out ignoring the business aspects that have hindered cross-play and cross-save in several other games (Namely: Sony)?

Bro get up 2 date. Sony was against cross-play, yes. But that was back in 2018.
Look here: https://www.vg247.com/son-cross-play-ps4-ps5-future-business
That article was written in june 2021 and dozenz of other games support cross-play by now. Sony is not the reason.

I just wish that DE would communicate a little more. I mean it really has become a meme, whenever the twitch stream asks for crossplay infos, they rather talk about new helmet designs and syandanas.. Why is DE soooooo quiet about crossplay?

SoonTM

Edited by GdsN

On 2022-05-19 at 12:18 AM, Cbunn said:

As a sysadmin with 20 years experience, I know that porting systems can be a hassle. But the connection is no mistery. There are no playstation bits that need to be converted in xbox bit on the network. And it's not a wild bet that the user data is stored in the same database format. The challenge would be in merging, and cross play, as you have to account for duplicate user names, differences through systems universe states and such. That I believe will be a proper mess

Now, giving an xbox access to a playstation database to load the player, so he can use his playstation save on an xbox, shouldn't be as daunting, unless DE has split in the past into 3 companies that each developed the same game with feature parity but with wildly different technologies. Just block the player from trading and buying while not on the creation platform, as it would mess up the economy as is right now.

For unique player IDs, you can simply assign each player a (PS4), (XBOX), (SWITCH), (PC) at the end of their name when they join a party. Or change matchmaking options to; Solo, Friends, Region, Global... Then global applies that tag, and pools players from every applicable platform. 

As for cross save... Cross save can be implemented in two waves:
The first wave being "you can bring a console account to PC"
The second wave can be "you can merge two or more accounts from different platforms" when they can unify all platforms patch wise.
Because the issue with cross save is DEs grandoise dream issue, where they want the best, coolest, possible option and wont settle for the functional one. Especially after the long covid winter i fully believe DEs statement that "we dont have the resources to keep every platform up to date", which would make merging impossible. 

• Like 1

Waiting for cross progression really makes it hard to play this game more than an hour or two a month. I load it up all excited and hyped, to end up having a craving to use one of the console Warframes i have. Then the thought of all the wasted time i played on console before starting on pc makes me just too demotivated to continue on the Solar Rail.

• Like 2

I've played on several platforms and have different items in each platform. I'm wondering, are they going to merge all the accounts made by one player through DE? I'm curious how this is going to end up going down when cross-play is released. Kind of don't want to be screwed out of items that I've purchased cross-platform. 

On 2022-05-29 at 7:00 AM, OutcastOddity said:

Waiting for cross progression really makes it hard to play this game more than an hour or two a month. I load it up all excited and hyped, to end up having a craving to use one of the console Warframes i have. Then the thought of all the wasted time i played on console before starting on pc makes me just too demotivated to continue on the Solar Rail.

Me in a nutshell lol

I think it´s damn well about time Warframe receives crossplay as it would boost popularity a lot in my opinion and make games so much easier to find with all platforms combined.

Hopefully they finally reveal something on tennocon this year and launch it soon (not soon TM but actually soon).

Destiny 2 got crossplay last year on August 24th and I was there and it went by incredibly smoothly which is what I fear won´t be happening with Warframe as per usual with DE´s updates but having it arrive nonetheless and fixed within a few hotfixes should be of utmost priority.

Crossplay helped destiny immensely in finding full teams much consistently and easily and it was amazing to experience.

The differences on consoles for Warframe should be addressed of course and found a common ground which I´m sure DE is working on and might already have all things settled.

• Like 2

So, duviri paradox trailer just dropped. Cool. Judging by how well optimalized was Angels update, I predict my game will change into PowerPoint slideshow with next update. DE pls I need this, my pc can't handle game properly as it is so I'd love to move it to console. Hopefully we will see it Soon™