Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Combat Related HUD only appears when in combat

(PSN)DW_Johnson_

WarFrame Comminty

Does anyone else think it be cool for HUD items such as health, shields, energy, skills, other squad members info and pet ect to only show up when you or a squad mates trip an alarm, alert enemies or when a boss or mini boss such as stalkers spawn. This I think would greatly help to let you know when you been spotted by the enemy. I know the game was inspired by metal gear and Sci-Fi so I think it be cool to add this of course as an option you can turn on and off in settings. Since not everyone would like this. I think it would make it more immersed when in combat. Cause half the time I don’t know when I am in combat and alert someone or not. Of course it goes with out saying leave the HUD up for map and quest information since we always need to know what we are doing and where we are going, but the other information is only needed when in combat. That way you can enjoy the beautiful design of the game more when not in combat. If people agree how do we get this passed to D.E to see if we could get this as a patch in the game.

P.S 

Sorry for the long rant just though this be a great idea to add as an option 

But how would it work for this type of the game? How would DE define when is in-combat and when is out-of-combat?

For example, recently I played Bless Unleashed(horrible game btw). When players get into the combat, the game will narrow your FOV and lower your camera speed to about half. After players kill the monsters or lose the aggro, players will be put in out of combat status and FOV/camera speed will revert back to normal. In MMO it's common to have two modes. But it's an complicated system that alot of time players will get stuck in-combat, couldn't do certain out-of-combat action, or mount up. WF is lucky to not have this issue yet.

If you want clean UI, wouldn't it better to ask for an UI toggle button? I get how cluster the screen can be, I am not disagree with you on that.

10 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

But how would it work for this type of the game? How would DE define when is in-combat and when is out-of-combat?

For example, recently I played Bless Unleashed(horrible game btw). When players get into the combat, the game will narrow your FOV and lower your camera speed to about half. After players kill the monsters or lose the aggro, players will be put in out of combat status and FOV/camera speed will revert back to normal. In MMO it's common to have two modes. But it's an complicated system that alot of time players will get stuck in-combat, couldn't do certain out-of-combat action, or mount up. WF is lucky to not have this issue yet.

If you want clean UI, wouldn't it better to ask for an UI toggle button? I get how cluster the screen can be, I am not disagree with you on that.

What @(XBOX)TyeGoosaid + some sub options

Main would be toggle ON/OFF auto hide HUD

Then sub options would be
1 - Show HUD when attacking/using abilities
2 - Show HUD when taking damage
3 - Show HUD when close to enemies
4 - Auto hide delay XX seconds
And no1 gets hurt and everyone who want it would be pleased

BUT then it could lead into some problems with time based buffs/abilities cause you wont see when they run off
For example in case of chroma

Combat HUD only in Combat?

You Don't Say? | Know Your Meme

I'm fine with the HUD being there constantly, because it means I can check things like energy, ammo etc. before going into a boss fight/ dealing with Liches/sisters/assassins etc. I like to know what's going on, and considering that combat is constant throughout a mission - unless you're staying in an empty room for some reason, like to scan things and do Lua Puzzles - I would find it annoying for the entire HUD to keep popping in and out constantly. either give me all the information or none at all. 

9 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

What @(XBOX)TyeGoosaid + some sub options

Main would be toggle ON/OFF auto hide HUD

Then sub options would be
1 - Show HUD when attacking/using abilities
2 - Show HUD when taking damage
3 - Show HUD when close to enemies
4 - Auto hide delay XX seconds
And no1 gets hurt and everyone who want it would be pleased

BUT then it could lead into some problems with time based buffs/abilities cause you wont see when they run off
For example in case of chroma

Hey man I really agree with the ideas you mentioned that they could add for settings that way everyone is happy those who would like the change or to try it and off for those who don’t want it!

9 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Combat HUD only in Combat?

You Don't Say? | Know Your Meme

I'm fine with the HUD being there constantly, because it means I can check things like energy, ammo etc. before going into a boss fight/ dealing with Liches/sisters/assassins etc. I like to know what's going on, and considering that combat is constant throughout a mission - unless you're staying in an empty room for some reason, like to scan things and do Lua Puzzles - I would find it annoying for the entire HUD to keep popping in and out constantly. either give me all the information or none at all. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Devin_W_Johnson said:

Hey man I really agree with the ideas you mentioned that they could add for settings that way everyone is happy those who would like the change or to try it and off for those who don’t want it!

Devin you dont agree with me you agree with common sense
Above you have prime example you give ppl option and not force something upon them

Remember its very hard next to impossible to make most/all ppl happy
Making all ALL ppl angry? Not a problem + without any effort

Archived