Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something absolutely goofy i never realised until now.

Liarus

Il y a 6 heures, (PSN)TwellveMillion a dit :

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the mod settings, right?

it is a mix of everything really, mods are very important but the fact it is a machete is itself a very big deal as well; however this setup has no primed reach and would deal very unsufficient dmg without the primed bane mod(it double dips on slash, it's massive damage there). If you are at a point in your wf career where oyu have all the ingredients to make this, there are tons of weapons that would feel better to play with.

4 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they fix the simulacrum enemies taking stealth damage when paused a few months ago?

I genuinely have no idea.... All I know is I was getting consistent Crits with The Tenet Livia this afternoon and considering it had no mods on it that means something was definitely off.... 🤔

17 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they fix the simulacrum enemies taking stealth damage when paused a few months ago?

12 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I genuinely have no idea.... All I know is I was getting consistent Crits with The Tenet Livia this afternoon and considering it had no mods on it that means something was definitely off.... 🤔

Your first hit is always a proper stealth attack with multiplier against paused enemies.

All attacks within 3 or so seconds after that will lose the stealth multiplier. So if you keep attacking an enemy his alert will never reset.

But they will still appear yellow , even though there is no multiplier applied. So you may see yellow numbers , but they may not be crit attacks or stealth attacks. It can be rather difficult to observe.

I had this discussion with one of the youtubers when they were showcasing the tenet agendus and using paused enemies. We both learned something new that day.

On 2021-11-08 at 4:33 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

As i said on my Post, there was a time DE put Scythes to use Machete Stances, it was very brief and they reverted it because Scythes became way too strong. This was long before Melee 3.0. I dont remember the year/month exactly but it did happen.

It has never been a scythe class though.  It's a machete and the dual kamas are twin swords.  The single hand swords, dual swords and machetes are smaller on average than Scythe class weapons, which are somewhere between the longsword/machete type weapons and heavy weapons.  They wouldn't use the same animation sets because the larger actual scythes wouldn't fit the grip rigging with smaller machetes and vice versa.

The Kronsh and Rabvee are also machetes when built as one handed weapons, despite not being anything like a machete.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Your first hit is always a proper stealth attack with multiplier against paused enemies.

All attacks within 3 or so seconds after that will lose the stealth multiplier. So if you keep attacking an enemy his alert will never reset.

But they will still appear yellow , even though there is no multiplier applied. So you may see yellow numbers , but they may not be crit attacks or stealth attacks. It can be rather difficult to observe.

I had this discussion with one of the youtubers when they were showcasing the tenet agendus and using paused enemies. We both learned something new that day.

Sounds unreliable if you ask me.... Only way to be sure is to skip the Simulacrum all together and smack some actual Enemies in Actual Missions....

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

It has never been a scythe class though.  It's a machete and the dual kamas are twin swords.  The single hand swords, dual swords and machetes are smaller on average than Scythe class weapons, which are somewhere between the longsword/machete type weapons and heavy weapons.  They wouldn't use the same animation sets because the larger actual scythes wouldn't fit the grip rigging with smaller machetes and vice versa.

The Kronsh and Rabvee are also machetes when built as one handed weapons, despite not being anything like a machete.

I feel like people reading my posts are having a lack of understanding, when i said about Scyths with Machete Stance, i was not refering exclsuively to the Kamas. Even the Reaper Prime, Hate and Caustacyst for a very brief period could equip the Cyclone Kraken stance and other Machete Stances but as i said repeatedly in my previous posts, DE quickly reversed the change because it was OP.

Yes, i know the Kamas counts as Machete, i have both the normal and primed ones formad.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Sounds unreliable if you ask me.... Only way to be sure is to skip the Simulacrum all together and smack some actual Enemies in Actual Missions....

It does make it rather difficult to tell in some situations , especially if you consider all the different multipliers that now exist in the game.

17 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I feel like people reading my posts are having a lack of understanding, when i said about Scyths with Machete Stance, i was not refering exclsuively to the Kamas. Even the Reaper Prime, Hate and Caustacyst for a very brief period could equip the Cyclone Kraken stance and other Machete Stances but as i said repeatedly in my previous posts, DE quickly reversed the change because it was OP.

Yes, i know the Kamas counts as Machete, i have both the normal and primed ones formad.

I don't think I'm misreading 

On 2021-11-08 at 12:57 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

There was a time long ago DE made Scythes use Machete Stances which turned out made them extremely strong so DE reverted it back.

Someone probably forgot to update the Wiki again when they reverted it.

as you saying that the kama was considered a scythe and it being listed as a machete was a mistake that needed to be reverted because it was a scythe that used machete stances for a short point in time.  There's no other way to interpret that.  It was never a scythe.

On 2021-11-09 at 6:24 PM, Liarus said:
On 2021-11-08 at 6:20 PM, Danielw8 said:

Primed faction and ash passive. Aim the head if you can

Thanks again for the tip, here it is:

In case anyone thinks Ash's passive is bending the "no abilities" rule, try slotting in Lasting Sting. Basically doubles your Bleed damage and more, ignoring the mod slot cost.

2 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

In case anyone thinks Ash's passive is bending the "no abilities" rule, try slotting in Lasting Sting. Basically doubles your Bleed damage and more, ignoring the mod slot cost.

But that extra mod slot cost makes a huge difference....

I'm any case it doesn't matter... They said no abilities and passives are not abilities... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ no laws have been broken...

That being said... The issue with enemies being Paused is still there... 🤔

On 2021-11-12 at 2:32 PM, Lutesque said:

But that extra mod slot cost makes a huge difference....

Do you seriously believe that it's not worth dropping Organ Shatter or an unmaxed Gladiator Might for Lasting Sting on the Kama to maximize your Bleed-based OHKO potential? Neither mod increases your damage by more than the double. You could even drop Killing Blow or Spoiled Strike for LS and see a damage increase, because that's how math works when you're running 2-3 base damage mods.

In short, yes, that extra mod cost indeed makes a huge difference. In favor of Lasting Sting.

On 2021-11-12 at 2:32 PM, Lutesque said:

I'm any case it doesn't matter... They said no abilities and passives are not abilities... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ no laws have been broken...

I'm fairly certain you're not the person who challenged OP, so you're not exactly the final arbiter here.  But while the challenge might not have been put forth by you, you're very much free to object, as you have done regarding the stealth multiplier (which is as much against the challenge's rules as utilizing passives, mind you). Others are equally free to object, of course, and someone might come along and think that passives shouldn't be allowed either, which is kinda why I wrote

On 2021-11-12 at 12:07 PM, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

In case anyone thinks Ash's passive is bending the "no abilities" rule

Regardless, as proven above, Kama's single attack damage can be pushed even further by slotting in more optimal mods, and Lasting Sting is one of them.

On 2021-11-11 at 6:10 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

No really, it was only Plague Keewar zaws with onehanded grips.

changed to machete with:

and changed back with:

You might be getting it mixed up with the separate discussion from DE about turning all scythes into heavy blades (but that never ended up happening, though we did get the Dokrahm zaw for a heavy blade stance scythe)

Archived