Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something absolutely goofy i never realised until now.

Liarus

Someone challenged me to kill a level 180 corrupted heavy gunner with a Kama in a single attack "because it's impossible based off the stats", i accepted to do the challenge, without using abillities, or priming the enemy so i can see for myself.

I love making heavy attack builds and their their absurd damage potential makes them fun to experiment with when you take into account forced procs.

So i went to the warframe wiki Page to check the Kama's stats and i saw this:

unknown.png

Apparently the Kama is a machete 739600916654850049.png?size=96

This is gonna be hard boys, but i truely believe it's possible knowing machetes also have a forced slash proc, feel free to prove me wrong / right though.

il y a 24 minutes, xxswatelitexx a dit :

Single attack.

Just use Inaros -> blind -> finisher. 

If "Blind" counts as an attack.

Then Loki -> Invisible -> Finisher

No abillities that would be too easy

Still i believe it's possible, i can do the usual heavy attack build with   Sacrificial steel, amaglam organ shatter, killing blow, corrupt charge.

Actually, i don't even need amalgam organ shatter, since i can only do one hit anyway, i just need organ shatter instead.

but yeah i'm thinking of using primed smite corrupted, i honestly think with that i can just do a rivenless build that will work, in case that doesn't work i can always have a riven with extra initial combo, shouldn't be too hard knowing the slash procs will most likely end the heavy gunner, rather than the single attack itself

il y a 41 minutes, BiancaRoughfin a dit :

There was a time long ago DE made Scythes use Machete Stances which turned out made them extremely strong so DE reverted it back.

Someone probably forgot to update the Wiki again when they reverted it.

currently crafting the weapon, i'll check tommorow if it's actually a machete or a scythe

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There was a time long ago DE made Scythes use Machete Stances which turned out made them extremely strong so DE reverted it back.

It's a Machete, always has been classified as one, and Scythes have always used their own stances (well, aside from the period before Melee 2.0, but even then they had their own unique animations).

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

and Scythes have always used their own stances

As i said on my Post, there was a time DE put Scythes to use Machete Stances, it was very brief and they reverted it because Scythes became way too strong. This was long before Melee 3.0. I dont remember the year/month exactly but it did happen.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

As i said on my Post, there was a time DE put Scythes to use Machete Stances, it was very brief and they reverted it because Scythes became way too strong. This was long before Melee 3.0. I dont remember the year/month exactly but it did happen.

Since I have no recollection of this happening, and (more crucially) the wiki makes no mention of it, I'm going to have to say you're likely misremembering.

@BiancaRoughfin @Corvid They did it specifically with the Plague Keewar strike, which even with the biggest 1h grip is still basically the same size as a Kama, but on release was a scythe, then got changed to a machete, and then got changed back to a scythe.

And then scythes eventually got buffed, and Cyclone Kraken stance for machetes got nerfed a bit, so it sorta balanced out.

Il y a 8 heures, (PSN)jaggerwanderer a dit :

There is a way to do heavy attack in the air. The problem lies in being able to land the hit as a head shot. Or you could maneuver the gunner to an optimal height.

I see a fellow heavy attack player there, i know how to do it, and i mostly do it with gunblades, never thought of doing it with an actual melee, good thinking !

Il y a 16 heures, BiancaRoughfin a dit :

It's actually a Machete

oh and another fun fact:

unknown.png

the weapon's color scheme looks nothing like the way it's shown on the left side.

This weapon must really be an old and forgotten relic lol

Le 08/11/2021 à 18:20, Danielw8 a dit :

Primed faction and ash passive. Aim the head if you can

Thanks again for the tip, here it is:

i honestly thought it would be way harder, i just had this riven with a random roll that was ok ish, still have one mod slot left, and it only took one forma.

with the help of heavy attacks, literally anything can become engame no matter how terrible the default weapon is.

i might try to do a rivenless build to prove that point even further.

il y a 45 minutes, Liarus a dit :

i might try to do a rivenless build to prove that point even further.

Well actually it wasn't hard at all, in fact you don't need a particularely good build to do it:

Anyhow, ignoring that, Kama is one weird weapon, a scythe that's actually a machette with colors different than the one shown on it's preview

it's funny how the actual weapon is completely different than what it appears to be on the market

5 hours ago, Liarus said:

Well actually it wasn't hard at all, in fact you don't need a particularely good build to do it:

Anyhow, ignoring that, Kama is one weird weapon, a scythe that's actually a machette with colors different than the one shown on it's preview

it's funny how the actual weapon is completely different than what it appears to be on the market

Oi !!!!

First Rule of Testing Melee in the Simulacrum... Don't Pause The AI 😱 !!!

Archived