Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgam barrel diffusion - roll much farther (it's not roll distance) instead of faster

quxier

Amalgam barrel diffusion after update 30.9.0 rolls farther instead of faster. It says "60% speed" so it should be how fast you roll N meters. It shouldn't increase meters traveled.

Little shorter traveling distance were good.

If it's not bug but intended please consider changing it back or introducing another mod. It was only one way to make rolls shorter/faster. There are many methods that already increase parkour velocity but all of them increase parkour distance.

ps. I've put all tags because none works for me

On 2021-11-11 at 1:13 PM, quxier said:

Amalgam barrel diffusion after update 30.9.0 rolls farther instead of faster. It says "60% speed" so it should be how fast you roll N meters. It shouldn't increase meters traveled.

Little shorter traveling distance were good.

If it's not bug but intended please consider changing it back or introducing another mod. It was only one way to make rolls shorter/faster. There are many methods that already increase parkour velocity but all of them increase parkour distance.

ps. I've put all tags because none works for me

Its not a bug.

Distance = speed × time

So by increasing 'speed' you also increase the distance covered. Glaive Whirlwind mod does the exact same thing. Increasing projectile speed also increases the distance the glaive flies.

44 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Its not a bug.

Distance = speed × time

So by increasing 'speed' you also increase the distance covered. Glaive Whirlwind mod does the exact same thing. Increasing projectile speed also increases the distance the glaive flies.

So it was bugged since released and now it's "fixed"?

21 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

of all the bugs to "fix" they choose this one...

Ridiculous, years of knowing how far a roll moves you forward and now it's just different. 

guess I get extra mod capacity and ms once I switch up all my builds on secondaries.

Yeah... I wonder why they have done this.

13 minutes ago, Marcus.Argonius said:

It's not bugged, it's just the diminishing returns. First mod resist applies to 100%, second - to what remained after the first, and so on. 

I'm talking about this that took 3 years to fix ever since the mods were released:

Hotfix 30.0.6 (2021-04-20)

Fixed cases of Tau Resist not reducing damage against Sentients at all.

The nerfs came after when DE realized after fixing it would make people invulnerable to Tau dmg when combined with Adaptation

34 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

What are the dozen other methods for Mesa Waltz?

Infested mobility

Arcane agility/consequence.

Blood Altar

Vial Rush

Fire Walker

Reave

It's not bad that we have another choice (mod instead of arcane/ability). I love choices. However there were no huge pressure to have it.

Damn Amalgam Barrel Diffusion is annoying now. 

On 2021-11-16 at 1:30 PM, Dragazer said:

Its not a bug.

Distance = speed × time

Alright, this has been bugging me for days now. (not you, just the change in general)

They way it worked before the time it took to complete a roll was reduced so your speed was increased but the distance stayed the same. 

Now you still roll for the same amount of time but the distance has been increased so your speed also increased. 

In both situations speed has increase but the distance traveled is different. 

All they did was change what variable altered our speed, before it was time and now it is distance. 

It serves no purpose, why change, it was technically correct before. After 4k+ hours It's obnoxious rolling 60% farther because every singe roll I've done in the game has always covered the same distance. I know the distance from a>b but now there is a>c. 

I assume it was just a way to nerf rolling guard so we can't not proc it as quickly as we used to be able to. 

17 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

It serves no purpose, why change, it was technically correct before.   

We cannot assume it was correct before when prior mods have set a precedent. For example, Arcane consequence only ever mentions increasing parkour velocity. But you'll notice it increases the speed/distance of your rolls and bullet jumps rather than reducing time.

Bullet jump mods also increase the speed/distance rather than reduce time. And as previously mentioned, projectile flight speed mods increase speed/distance rather than reducing flight time.

22 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

They way it worked before the time it took to complete a roll was reduced so your speed was increased but the distance stayed the same. 

That is not true, before the distance was shorter so "speed" wasn't really increased

22 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Now you still roll for the same amount of time but the distance has been increased so your speed also increased. 

That is not true, the roll still takes less time than a normal roll, ~200 ms less time.

And since everyone is complaining I will just say that I love this change. 

Archived