Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Craft our own Bows!!

_SYNTHDEMON_

Wouldn't it be dope if we could manage to craft our own bows too? 

We are space Ninjas after all!

Think it would be pretty lit to become able to craft a bow with great customization as the Zaw... Or maybe even expand further! Having to search for wood etc or metals to make the spine. search for flowers and scan them in to make the thin finest rope for it... And make the arrows... Is this a dream, one that might become reality?

Wouldn’t say “No” to more options.

How do we grind the parts fast? it’d be annoying if we had to grind too much, so there’ll need to be options to get through it ASAP. Which bow would let us grind the fastest? All those options, it’d be kind of silly to not use the best one (I’m assuming that there will be vastly different options, mind, so some of them will be the best for grinding)

🤔 Come to think if it, what kind of options were you thinking? Shotgun bow would be kind of cool, personally (though I think there’s some kind of mod already?)

1 hour ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

We are space Ninjas after all!

Really Ninjas use Pocket Railguns:

OpticorVandal.png

34 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

🤔 Come to think if it, what kind of options were you thinking? Shotgun bow would be kind of cool, personally (though I think there’s some kind of mod already?)

There's The Artemis Bow & Cernos Prime.... And the mod Split Flights increases Multishot almost to Shotgun Levels.

SplitFlightsMod.png

I really wish DE expanded the Kitgun/Zaw possibilities. Would love being able to craft a Bow/Crossbow of sorts with some sort of innate elemental damage and some cool effects like leaving a damaging trail as it punches through enemies, that ricochets or causes a small explosion a few seconds after hitting.

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

(Ready to nock an explosive arrow on it)

Yes, hopefully nothing Kuva Bramma like, i would hate seeing brain dead players running missions shooting at their own feet like people do with the Bramma.

19 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

There's The Artemis Bow & Cernos Prime.... And the mod Split Flights increases Multishot almost to Shotgun Levels.

SplitFlightsMod.png

Its a pitty this cant be used on the Attica. :<

Well, Bramma were gone too far. Although Lenz and Proboscis Cernos are not very weak either - Lenz is inferior to both for now, but Proboscis Cernos is ridiculously powerful as well.

That said, the explosive arrow is not need to be Bramma level. For example, we have Zhuge Prime already, although it is automatic trigger. Also it would be better to have a new mechanism rather than copy and paste the old one, or at least make it a difference. Well,

49 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Really Ninjas use Pocket Railguns:

OpticorVandal.png

SplitFlightsMod.png

It was fun to use Split Flights with Mutalist Cernos. Is it powerful? Not much. But it is damn fun, I swear. 😛

Speaking of OP, it would be not so bad to make the crossbow or bow depend on the 'chassis' part.

4 hours ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

search for flowers and scan them in to make the thin finest rope for it... And make the arrows... Is this a dream, one that might become reality?

*me checking for day/night cycle, using Scanner to find ultra rare species in the earth tileset* yeah, nightmare is kind of dream.

On 2021-12-04 at 2:08 PM, (NSW)Greybones said:

Wouldn’t say “No” to more options.

How do we grind the parts fast? it’d be annoying if we had to grind too much, so there’ll need to be options to get through it ASAP. Which bow would let us grind the fastest? All those options, it’d be kind of silly to not use the best one (I’m assuming that there will be vastly different options, mind, so some of them will be the best for grinding)

Shotgun bows sound pretty epic ngl. bring all the idea's you have. Every great achievement start with the mind 

Aside Cernos Prime, what I can imagine are;

-Spike Grenade of Halo 3: so you have a grenade like Torid, but it explodes after some seconds rather than emit the toxic cloud, and spitting lethal needles through all directions that is bouncing once - it means, if you put the grenade arrow on the wall, any needles that would be directed to the wall would be immediately bounce to the opposite direction, just like as Spike Grenade.

-An alternative version of spike: The arrowhead spits the needles just after launch it, so it shoots the needles through its flight!

-Bow version of Astilla: Basically a very same normal bow but break on a hit and spread the fragments through small area.

-Weird double or even triple bow, although it is more suited for crossbow. Perhaps it can be a crazy idea to make a harp-styled multistring bow.

-An arrow that spread to multiple arrows on a hit, and automatically targets nearby enemies. Imagine Lightning Fury of Amazon on Diablo II, but with reduced seeking range.

-----------------------

By the way, if a secondary weapon is also an option, I like to see a crossbow that is attached on an arm, so put it on your left arm(no, it is not something that require you to replaces your arm!)

Archived