Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Catlysts and Reactors

(XBOX)Virtual Pain880

This is a good product, if your not spending money, than you should consider supporting the game you play. Beside that, simply becoming part of the trade economy and earning the plat from other players is the only rational way to potato all your equipment, when you learn to aggressively trade for plat, you'll have everything you need. 

I've earned almost every cosmetic in the market just from trading anything I can, you get a lot of miscellaneous junk in warframe that supplies for the things you do need through trade. If your trying to earn from rewards and such though, there is no evergreen way to acquire enough potatoes, it's truncated to move plat through the market. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-12-23 at 4:09 PM, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

Is there a bounty or something where can obtain Orokin Catlysts and Reactor blueprints?

For an essential item that only drops as rewards from DE twitch streams or Gift of the Lotus (which happens after the twitch dev streams.) Or from purchase through the marketplace… it’d be nice to have another route available to us to obtain these. 

even having them as rewards from nightwave is alright but the Nightwave credits could be increased to 75 credits per reward instead of 50

then we could afford the purchases from Nightwave.

i personally havent had any issues affording purchases for nightwave but in your case it might be better to farm prime parts and sell them off, not to mention some mods can be sought after (like orokin derelict vault ones, aka corrupted mods). A good idea is to not waste potatoes on weapons/frames you are not gonna use or use rarely, only use it on the ones you like and you know you gonna use.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb makaloff95:

A good idea is to not waste potatoes on weapons/frames you are not gonna use or use rarely, only use it on the ones you like and you know you gonna use.

Sound reasonable.
But how to find out, if a frame is good or if it fits your playstyle when some frames only begin to shine, when you potato them? Especially caster frames like Vauban or Saryn need a proper mod setup to do, what you can see from other players in the game or on youtube/twitch.
As a new player I find it really hard to decide, where to put my few potatos on, because there is no "test period" or something, so that I can take it back if its not fun.

I know... when I play some more years I will finally be able to purchase more and more potatos to "test" all the frames that I own now. (27 frames and only 3 with potato)
And in the future I won't be spending all my plat for weapon/frame/companion slots and can afford to buy more potatos. I can further use my Nightwave creds for them, because I don't need that much nikatin oder aura mods anymore.
And furthermore I won't need potatos to rank up my syndicate reputation.

So I know, that it will get better and better.
It's just a very annoying system to deal with from a beginner point of view.

But I do not have a solution to fix this for newer players without screwing the system for veterans :/
Maybe some free giveaways of potato blueprints as login reward in the first 50 logins? That would be a nice "catch up mechanic"?

51 minutes ago, Thjorgar said:

Sound reasonable.
But how to find out, if a frame is good or if it fits your playstyle when some frames only begin to shine, when you potato them? Especially caster frames like Vauban or Saryn need a proper mod setup to do, what you can see from other players in the game or on youtube/twitch.
As a new player I find it really hard to decide, where to put my few potatos on, because there is no "test period" or something, so that I can take it back if its not fun.

I know... when I play some more years I will finally be able to purchase more and more potatos to "test" all the frames that I own now. (27 frames and only 3 with potato)
And in the future I won't be spending all my plat for weapon/frame/companion slots and can afford to buy more potatos. I can further use my Nightwave creds for them, because I don't need that much nikatin oder aura mods anymore.

But I do not have a solution to fix this for newer players without screwing the system for veterans :/
Maybe some free giveaways of potato blueprints as login reward in the first 50 logins? That would be a nice "catch up mechanic"?

The easiest way is to check for other varients of the weapon and potato those.  Vauban & Saryn both have Prime versions that are a step up than the vanilla, and with the Helminth segment, you have to sacrifice the base versions of those two.

I know it isn't really a solution to the overall beginner situation though.  The only advice for that is for the beginners to really dig into things before committing resources.

21 minutes ago, Thjorgar said:

Sound reasonable.

While a potato is required to get the maximum use out of a frame, it isn't needed to get a sense of whether their gameplay loop is something you'll enjoy. Saryn's combos are still completely doable without a potato, and still kill everything, but not as quickly. Vauban can still suck stuff into vortexes, deploy rollers or do other Vauban stuff, but less well. Octavia's powerful even before you add mods, let alone a potato. Wisp can solo SP defection fine without a potato, Ember still likes setting everything on fire. Loki's still invisible. And so on and so forth. You shouldn't be trying to create min-maxed builds out of the gate - it should be "I like these options, now lets make it better".

Likewise, I've never felt a potato is needed to get a feel for whether a melee weapon is worth investing in. You get extra capacity from stances, and running it without a potato often teaches you where to focus the build. "I need more attack speed" (quoting every player ever) and such. 

Guns are admittedly harder to get a really good feel for without a potato - the basic mods are quite high capacity and you don't have the capacity boosts from aura or stances to compensate, so it's harder to get an idea of how the more flexible choices (Internal Bleeding vs Hunter Muntions, Projectile speed vs something else) change the feel without seriously limiting the basic damage output.

21 minutes ago, Thjorgar said:

You get either a reactor or catalyst at the sigil rewards, which start at 50 days and then even 100 days after that (so 50, 150 and so on). They're nice. 

4 hours ago, Thjorgar said:

Sound reasonable.

that very much is a fair point, youtube most likely is the best bet (i think if you hold on the abilities on the frames it will show how the abilities work, looks etc). Granted, frames do feel a bit different once worked out properly but their toolkit will still be the same regardless, so even if you only have 30 (aka non potatoed) it gives you a good idea how the frame will play even with a more complex build. Only change would be if said build includes a augment (like Mirages HoM or the other one ive forgotten the name of currently).

I absolutely understand the annoyance, and warframe isnt perfect always, thats for sure, but this is the best possible solution i can come up with currently. Look up the top builds for the frame you are interested in, there should be plenty of youtube videos for every frame. Granted ive been playing since late 2013 so my experience was vastly different back then but in general the base frame without a potato gives me a rough idea about the playstyle and if id like it or not.

hmm no idea, i personally wouldnt mind it since pretty much every veteran at this point is drowning in potatoes (either from buying or from older times of alerts). Perhaps the simulacrum could be easier to acess and give you a option to have all mods and potatoes and stuff avaible for a frame to try it out (after all simulacrum is a test area), maybe offer all the frames avaible too.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb makaloff95:

that very much is a fair point, youtube most likely is the best bet (i think if you hold on the abilities on the frames it will show how the abilities work, looks etc). Granted, frames do feel a bit different once worked out properly but their toolkit will still be the same regardless, so even if you only have 30 (aka non potatoed) it gives you a good idea how the frame will play even with a more complex build. Only change would be if said build includes a augment (like Mirages HoM or the other one ive forgotten the name of currently).

from a veteran standpoint - sure
As a veteran you will most likely have a good sense what mods are most essential for a frame and which you can drop with only 30 (+ aura) points.
As a beginner you will most likely rely on guides from the internet. And guess what these use? Potatos and Forma.
In addition: As a veteran you know/have learend how to play around enemy attacks without the need of additional defence layers from vitality/redirection. I put at least one of those on all my frames to survive long enough to play the game. That leaves even less space to experiment with builds and stuff.

But I don't want to complain to much.
Warframe is a fantastic game and I knew how hard it will be to keep up with all the stuff that is in the game before I started to play
But maybe my feedback helps DE a bit to understand, what the game can feel like for beginners nowadays :)

vor 20 Minuten schrieb makaloff95:

hmm no idea, i personally wouldnt mind it since pretty much every veteran at this point is drowning in potatoes (either from buying or from older times of alerts). Perhaps the simulacrum could be easier to acess and give you a option to have all mods and potatoes and stuff avaible for a frame to try it out (after all simulacrum is a test area), maybe offer all the frames avaible too.

I personally like that idea. But lets face it. The most casual gamers won't "waste their time" with simulations and theorycrafting.

5 hours ago, Thjorgar said:

Sound reasonable.
But how to find out, if a frame is good or if it fits your playstyle when some frames only begin to shine, when you potato them?

This is a Problem that never goes away it Seems....

I guess you'll just have to use a Combination of Magic... Intuition and YouTube Videos... 👀

You know... Your Test Period idea might be pretty Good....

It would be nice to have Weekly Rotations on Which Warframe can be played For Free....

Instead of Darvo Offering Discounts.... He can Offer Free Test Drives on anything he's Selling.... 👀

I'm MR 28 With 416 Days Under my belt.... And it's still a problem for me too 😱...

I say forget The Veterans.... 😝 They think they are So Special....

20 minutes ago, Thjorgar said:

In addition: As a veteran you know/have learend how to play around enemy attacks without the need of additional defence layers from vitality/redirection. I put at least one of those on all my frames to survive long enough to play the game. That leaves even less space to experiment with builds and stuff.

Oh Wow....you just Reminded me how Rough things used to be for me back in the Day.... Oh those were Dark Times... 😭

1 hour ago, Thjorgar said:

from a veteran standpoint - sure
As a veteran you will most likely have a good sense what mods are most essential for a frame and which you can drop with only 30 (+ aura) points.
As a beginner you will most likely rely on guides from the internet. And guess what these use? Potatos and Forma.

But I don't want to complain to much.
Warframe is a fantastic game and I knew how hard it will be to keep up with all the stuff that is in the game before I started to play
But maybe my feedback helps DE a bit to understand, what the game can feel like for beginners nowadays :)

I personally like that idea. But lets face it. The most casual gamers won't "waste their time" with simulations and theorycrafting.

true that, after all when i started back in 2013 the game was massively different in terms of new player experience to what it is today (i still dont understand why newer players get broken mods thought, they make no sense but thats another discusssion).
Thats fully understandable, warframe requires alot of research on your own and trust me, even as a veteran ive had times where ive struggled with surviving (had nightmare playing Banshee for a while). Id say in your case it still would be the best option is to watch youtube where they show off the frames abilities etc. Sure you can look at builds on Overframe.gg but those dont really tell you much as a new player or showcase how mods interact with the toolkit.

Indeed, 30 points is quite little to move with, especielly when you put into consideration that some frames needs tons of formas (Sevagoth for example). Also dont worry, i dont see your post or comments as complaining, so its all good there ^^

Indeed feedback is always good and speaking from my own experience, even when i was new (when there was way less stuff in the game) i still had a hard time figuring out stuff without the wiki XD

Fair point, i was mostly as a example what could be done to elevate the complexity, but im sure there is people out there that have way better ideas and suggestions to solve the issue than me. Also, if you need any help ingame i gladly help you out ^^

On 2021-12-23 at 12:09 PM, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

Is there a bounty or something where can obtain Orokin Catlysts and Reactor blueprints?

For an essential item that only drops as rewards from DE twitch streams or Gift of the Lotus (which happens after the twitch dev streams.) Or from purchase through the marketplace… it’d be nice to have another route available to us to obtain these. 

even having them as rewards from nightwave is alright but the Nightwave credits could be increased to 75 credits per reward instead of 50

then we could afford the purchases from Nightwave.

1º Get some prime parts of 100 Ducats.
2º Go to scammarket.com and find an immediate buyer.
3º Sell your pieces of 100 Ducat until you get 20 Platinum.

congratulations, you can now buy a catalyst/reactor in-game store.

Archived