Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Catlysts and Reactors

(XBOX)Virtual Pain880

Is there a bounty or something where can obtain Orokin Catlysts and Reactor blueprints?

For an essential item that only drops as rewards from DE twitch streams or Gift of the Lotus (which happens after the twitch dev streams.) Or from purchase through the marketplace… it’d be nice to have another route available to us to obtain these. 

even having them as rewards from nightwave is alright but the Nightwave credits could be increased to 75 credits per reward instead of 50

then we could afford the purchases from Nightwave.

• 2 weeks later...

In order of most reliable to least reliable way of acquiring them:

1) Buying them with plat, either through farming relics to sell for the plat to purchase them, or using real cash.

2) Nightwave.

3) The occasional Invasion mission reward.

4) Gifts of the Lotus/special occasions.

5) Rare Sortie reward.

6) Have a generous friend in game with more plat than they know what to do with.

47 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Reactors and Catalyst are investment much like ascendant shards from Destiny 2 , you don't use them for everything .

Nightwave should be your main source of potatoes .

And it should be a little more rewarding in the credit department. As Destiny allows you to get Ascendant shards by simply playing.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

Read what I just said. Just because you can type doesn’t mean you’re intelligent enough or patient enough read everything.

On 2021-12-23 at 3:09 PM, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

Is there a bounty or something where can obtain Orokin Catlysts and Reactor blueprints?

For an essential item that only drops as rewards from DE twitch streams or Gift of the Lotus (which happens after the twitch dev streams.) Or from purchase through the marketplace… it’d be nice to have another route available to us to obtain these. 

I did. I listed all the routes. Maybe re-read your initial post 🤷‍♀️

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

And it should be a little more rewarding in the credit department. As Destiny allows you to get Ascendant shards by simply playing.

Reactors and Catalyst are also obtainable by simply playing , both are grind to get in both games .

On 2021-12-23 at 7:09 AM, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

even having them as rewards from nightwave is alright but the Nightwave credits could be increased to 75 credits per reward instead of 50

then we could afford the purchases from Nightwave.

If you're just joining on a Nightwave intermission, then I can see not having enough credits to get everything you want.  But the more you play, the more credits you'll earn, meaning the more you can buy later on, because during Intermissions you get credits for items you already have.  And this doesn't touch on the 30 or 60 some "prestige" levels that grant credits every level.

The lack of easy ways to obtain these items is only an issue to players who want something now, not later. 

Potatoes are essentially time gated. You'll only get a few every month, but 90% of the weapons in the game are MR fodder that you'll end up selling to free up weapon slots. 

You'll eventually end up with a surplus because so many weapons aren't worth investing in. The forma and re-leveling is a bigger hassle than the potato.

Now weapon slots are the real bottleneck. They force you to either pay it trade. Plat used to be the only way to get them, but now each rotation of Nightwave rewards like 2. 

On 2021-12-23 at 5:09 PM, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

Indeed there is....

1) Do Deimos Bounties....

2) Buy the Weapon Augments from Father in the Necralisk...

3) Sell those to other players for Platinum....

4) Buy Potato from The Market...

5) Sip Tea

And they give you actual Potatoes instead of just The Blueprints 😎

On 2021-12-23 at 5:09 PM, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

For an essential item that only drops as rewards from DE twitch streams or Gift of the Lotus (which happens after the twitch dev streams.) Or from purchase through the marketplace… it’d be nice to have another route available to us to obtain these

I wouldn't mind if they put them into Syndicate or Simaris Offerings.... 👍

I'd also like to point out to everyone to keep a close watch on those Darvo Deals.... He can Give Discounts on Potatoes....

It's Rare but one time I saw him selling Gold Potatoes for 7 Platinum Each.... It goes without saying he ran out of Stock with only 23 Hours Left 😝.... So yeah.... Set your Alarm Clocks for Darvo Deals....

On 2022-01-03 at 3:05 PM, fo3nixz said:

farm prime junk, sell said prime junk and buy them.

1 of it yes, but if I recall it isn't the one the orokin's catylsts or reactors can be found "buying in nightwave"?  Best way to save your nightwave credits for one of them.

1 hour ago, ChaoticEdge said:

1 of it yes, but if I recall it isn't the one the orokin's catylsts or reactors can be found "buying in nightwave"?  Best way to save your nightwave credits for one of them.

If u go that route, rather buy the good aura mods and sell. More bang for your plat.

75nw cred for potato Vs 3 aura mods that u can get 15 to 20p each if u willing to wait a bit

2 hours ago, fo3nixz said:

If u go that route, rather buy the good aura mods and sell. More bang for your plat.

75nw cred for potato Vs 3 aura mods that u can get 15 to 20p each if u willing to wait a bit

I know, but still, beats the marketing if ur not type person doing business.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As again I just remember something, orokin reactor or catylsts if I recall it Arbitration do drop BP of these just RNG chance, then there is that SP for farmable orokin reactor or catylsts.  Pretty much everyone is stock up SE so basically they probably had time getting good materials they need.

7 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I know, but still, beats the marketing if ur not type person doing business.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As again I just remember something, orokin reactor or catylsts if I recall it Arbitration do drop BP of these just RNG chance, then there is that SP for farmable orokin reactor or catylsts.  Pretty much everyone is stock up SE so basically they probably had time getting good materials they need.

i guess if u not doing the trading route. options is kinda limited..

or maybe just make potato invasions more regular then (weekly?)

Honestly I'm surprised that DE dared to put them as evergreen items in the Nightwave Credit Shop.

that makes them incredibly reliable to acquire vs the previous Alerts method of just getting lucky to be Online during the 2 hr window they'd RNG show up...

Ever since that changeover I've stopped buying potatoes with Platinum. I can't be the only one... I wonder how big of loss it has been for DE.

19 hours ago, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

As Destiny allows you to get Ascendant shards by simply playing.

And you get nightwave credits passively as you play the game too, essentially. It's more an issue that every new nightwave starts out giving them inconsistently. IMO, instead of the 150 or 75 as a rank on it's own we should be getting 10 to 20 along side each of the initial 30 ranks, and then the bonus would be 25 per each bonus rank.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Ever since that changeover I've stopped buying potatoes with Platinum. I can't be the only one... I wonder how big of loss it has been for DE.

They wouldn't have done it If it was actually a profitable I would imagine....

I can't say the same will ever happen to Forma Though 👀....

4 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

can't say the same will ever happen to Forma Though 👀....

Well, nightwave gives bataat blueprints, relics can roll forma bp. You want to skip the foundry time you buy with plat.

edit: not nightwave I mean the invasions. invasions give bp, relics roll bp. Nightwave is pretty convenient in that respect, yeah. But running 3 invasions quickly for that 1 bataat is probably quicker than farming that 50k nightwave standing or points or whatever t's called again.

2 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Honestly I'm surprised that DE dared to put them as evergreen items in the Nightwave Credit Shop.

that makes them incredibly reliable to acquire vs the previous Alerts method of just getting lucky to be Online during the 2 hr window they'd RNG show up...

I still buy potato from market. Some Aura mods from cred offerings sell for like 2x price of potato if you wait till they are out of rotation and cost 20 cred vs 75.

60 cred for 100-120 plat and you get 5-6 potato or 75 cred for 1 potato. 

IDK pricing on consoles so it might not work for you. 

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

They wouldn't have done it If it was actually a profitable I would imagine....

I can't say the same will ever happen to Forma Though 👀....

Idk, we get pre-made forma in sets of 3 from Nightwave every time.  This Intermission we get a total of 6. 

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Idk, we get pre-made forma in sets of 3 from Nightwave every time.  This Intermission we get a total of 6. 

Indeed.... But we need WAAAAAAAAY more Forma than that....

Don't people farm this Stuff by Hundreds during Plague Star ? 👀

Archived