Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MK1 Braton Steel Path Build

Aguzo

So I'm trying to make the MK1-Braton steel path viable.

Why? I like the idea of being able to cheese the game with any weapon as long as you invest in it.

I can kill some enemies, but the heavily armored ones take a bit longer, so I can't stack primary merciless or galvanized chamber enough times to start rolling. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a primary mod that can make this weapon viable for SP. Not sure if a riven would solve the issue.

EDIT:

After a lot of suggestions and testing, this is my current build. It can finish Mantle, Earth (capture mission) with just a normal excalibur and corrosive projection + arcane rage, so the potential is there. Still not as powerful as a tenet arca plasmor, or an ignis wraith, but you could definitely use other warframe buffs (saryn, rhino) or other cheese mechanics to get even more damage. The riven can be replaced with any primed bane mod. Slash doesn't seem viable on the mk1 braton, since the status and crit chance are very low. Heat is really good for staggering enemies, and the viral + heat combo drop cloned flesh. Maybe with a god roll riven it could slap SP enemies. For now, it definitely destroys the normal star chart. Not sure what else I can do though.

uR5u3qV.png

Primed bane replacer

zcmN4n0.png

Could swap the Ammo Drum for Vigilante Supplies for the occasional extra crit. Swap Merciless for Deadhead (faster stacking plus headshot damage) or Dexterity so you can quickly stack with a melee. And a Riven would be pretty good as the Braton is among the top end of primary disposition and could have higher stats than 2-3 of those mods in one.

Sure there are other things that can be changed but I'm not huge on build optimization. But these'll let you squeeze some extra damage out at least.

2 minutes ago, trst said:

Could swap the Ammo Drum for Vigilante Supplies for the occasional extra crit. Swap Merciless for Deadhead (faster stacking plus headshot damage) or Dexterity so you can quickly stack with a melee. And a Riven would be pretty good as the Braton is among the top end of primary disposition and could have higher stats than 2-3 of those mods in one.

Sure there are other things that can be changed but I'm not huge on build optimization. But these'll let you squeeze some extra damage out at least.

thanks, I think dex would be the best one, but then it kinda makes it feel like the gun by itself isn't enough. Definitely gonna check out some rivens, hopefully they aren't too expensive. Do you recommend something in specific?

It doesn't have enough going for it to do anything other than a slash build if you're not stripping armor with something else. I'd take off Hammer shot and use Hunter Munitions. Then you need a way to break through the low crit issue.. Arcane Avenger is flat additive and is really going to give a lot more crit than a riven will. 

If Stug and Lato can do it, so can you!

8 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

thanks, I think dex would be the best one, but then it kinda makes it feel like the gun by itself isn't enough. Definitely gonna check out some rivens, hopefully they aren't too expensive. Do you recommend something in specific?

I'd rather not make any hard suggestions as again I'm not that big on optimization. So I'm not sure what would be ideal for trying to min-max it's damage.

But just as an example Malignant Force is 60% Status/Toxin and Vital Sense is 120% Crit Damage while a Braton Riven could have about 100-125% Status and Toxin plus about 135-165 Crit Damage. So you could effectively have two Malignant Forces and a stronger Vital Sense all while freeing up a mod slot.

But again I don't know what would be the best stats for it. So take my example with a grain of salt.

Many weapons that are better than this one are just straight up not viable without utilizing warframe powers and arcanes.  Even that "Stug Path" guy that I was going to bring up, but see you've already linked to, has to not only use multiple warframe powers, but still has to use supporting weapons just to get the stug to kind of work.  The MK1 Braton is going to be no different.

I actually spend a lot of time building out non-meta or old-meta weapons to see if I can make them SP viable.  I can tell you right now that without leaning on frame powers or priming with other weapons, there are several weapons that just do not have the base stats to be viable.  Even with absolutely perfect rivens, there are weapons that will just never be strong enough.  There are old-meta weapons that are barely strong enough to even remotely be viable in SP with all the new bells and whistles thrown on.  Something that was intended to be a starter weapon like a MK1 weapon is not going to be SP viable on its own.  You mention it killing some stuff, just not heavies.  That's the thing.  A Butcher has 5 base armor.  A Heavy gunner has 500.  Anything is going to kill a Butcher, even on the SP.  Elite units of any kind will shrug off weak weapons like these unless they're combined with a bunch of other stuff.

And part of that is the fact that we really need to have a discussion about these arcanes and galv mods.  They only work on kill, which if the weapon is weak already, won't happen.  Many weapons that are semi-auto and slow to fire rely almost entirely on things like slash procs to finish the job.  You'd think that Arcane Deadhead would be good on weapons like these, but it ends up being trash on a lot of weapons because the procs take the kill and don't trigger the arcane.  Weak weapons haven't actually gotten a buff, the arsenal is still divided and the fact that you can actually do SP with a MK1-Bo, but can't with a MK1-Braton is evidence of that.

9 minutes ago, nslay said:

I'd put Hunter Munitions on there. The crit isn't great, but getting some free Slash procs sometimes should help kill the heavily armored ones a tad faster...

I have tried utilizing slash procs on non-crit guns.  It doesn't work.

51 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

Not sure if a riven would solve the issue.

Ofcourse it would... 🤔

Well... Maybe it would...

53 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

Current build

9jY6JhK.png

Yeah you have entirely way too much Viral in your weapon because of Prime Cryo Rounds...

Remember.... It's not the Viral Damage that's important... It's the Viral Status Effect... ergo using that mod over Rime Rounds is only making your weapon Worse....

Also Hammershot isn't helping much Either.... That is where you would put your Riven.... Should be dirt Cheap I think....

4 minutes ago, Arcsyrine said:

Hunter Munitions and a sentinel with the Vigilante mods to stack some extra crits.

doesn't seem like sentinels can use vigilante mods anymore. A lot of my slots are empty, so I think they disabled those mods for sentinels.

2 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

A lot of my slots are empty, so I think they disabled those mods for sentinels.

It needs to be a primary weapon. They are still on my sweeper prime and I still get the buffs from them on weapons that shouldn't be able to orange crit.

I have groll braton and stug rivens and regularly take the braton prime/vandel and stug into sorties and SP however i wouldn't try it with the mk braton and expect it to be a fun time, even just for the meme.

The stug is a better weapon than the mk1. Although it has 0% status chance it regularly procs corrosive and has AoE even in unmodded form. I personally think it's underrated, or at least not as bad as people think, and the rivens for it are hella strong. 

The two bits of advice i can give you are..

1, get a groll riven. This may take some time or a lot of plat or you might get lucky and fall on a groll for cheeps. Good luck.

2, it will take more than just a riven, you 'll need a plan as to what frame pet and arcanes you'll use to back it up as tbh i doubt it'll be capable of much more than the really early easy stuff without a lot of boosting from things outside of the few mods and 1 arcane you can fit on the build for it.

Good luck.

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Many weapons that are better than this one are just straight up not viable without utilizing warframe powers and arcanes.  Even that "Stug Path" guy that I was going to bring up, but see you've already linked to, has to not only use multiple warframe powers, but still has to use supporting weapons just to get the stug to kind of work.  The MK1 Braton is going to be no different.

I actually spend a lot of time building out non-meta or old-meta weapons to see if I can make them SP viable.  I can tell you right now that without leaning on frame powers or priming with other weapons, there are several weapons that just do not have the base stats to be viable.  Even with absolutely perfect rivens, there are weapons that will just never be strong enough.  There are old-meta weapons that are barely strong enough to even remotely be viable in SP with all the new bells and whistles thrown on.  Something that was intended to be a starter weapon like a MK1 weapon is not going to be SP viable on its own.  You mention it killing some stuff, just not heavies.  That's the thing.  A Butcher has 5 base armor.  A Heavy gunner has 500.  Anything is going to kill a Butcher, even on the SP.  Elite units of any kind will shrug off weak weapons like these unless they're combined with a bunch of other stuff.

And part of that is the fact that we really need to have a discussion about these arcanes and galv mods.  They only work on kill, which if the weapon is weak already, won't happen.  Many weapons that are semi-auto and slow to fire rely almost entirely on things like slash procs to finish the job.  You'd think that Arcane Deadhead would be good on weapons like these, but it ends up being trash on a lot of weapons because the procs take the kill and don't trigger the arcane.  Weak weapons haven't actually gotten a buff, the arsenal is still divided and the fact that you can actually do SP with a MK1-Bo, but can't with a MK1-Braton is evidence of that.

I have tried utilizing slash procs on non-crit guns.  It doesn't work.

this was posted after i started writing my reply. Shame i didnt see it as the guy is 100% right and it would of saved me a lot of typing.

Personally, without testing and refining the set up, to make adjustments... I'd... take off Serration, Hammer Shot and Primed Cryo. Add Hunter Munitions, Rime Rounds, and a Primed Bane mod. A Riven with Crit Damage, Crit Chance and Heat I think would be great. Might consider Primary Deadhead as well. Depends. The issue is, you will want to kill something weak to buff the parts of your weapon that require on kill to take effect, but you don't want it to say be the slash proc that kills... except you also are basically relying on slash procs to do damage to many of the enemies you will face. Also Viral is great but it stops at 10 stacks, you don't want to weight it towards that, and the status is more important than the damage. I mean, unless say you are planning on avoiding Grineer, and or okay with your Warframe helping out, like say Nyx with Psychic Bolts... 

I did actually try something similar when Galvanised Mods/Arcanes were available, but I used the Braton Prime, and I had a Riven for it. I also specifically built it for each faction. I remember it doing just okay, as long as I could find a weak enemy to kill, but it was still pretty rough without any Warframe powers. Then with Warframe powers, specifically Nyx, was more fun/decent, somewhat obviously. 

I don't know if I would have the personal strength to buy a MK 1 Braton and level it/forma it enough times to try take into Steel Path... but good luck on your journey lol. 

43 minutes ago, nslay said:

I see 24% in the screenshot. That should be usable.

You misunderstand.  Slash procs from most of these weapons when not buffed by crit, even when buffed by viral, don't do enough to actually kill SP heavies quickly.  Braton Prime, Burston Prime, even the Akstilettos Prime utilizing different builds to push slash procs.  They don't have enough damage backing them for the bleed proc to be viable.  I've had a dozen slash procs on an enemy from weapons like these and their health barely moves while they tick down.  If you cheese the test with some of these weapons and use really weak enemies to build stacks on arcanes and galv mods first, the weapons listed can kill reliably, but even under ideal test conditions they bleed those arcane stacks down rather than maintain them because they kill too slow.

They work really, really well in non-sp, non-endurance content.  They don't scale though.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

You misunderstand.  Slash procs from most of these weapons when not buffed by crit, even when buffed by viral, don't do enough to actually kill SP heavies quickly.  Braton Prime, Burston Prime, even the Akstilettos Prime utilizing different builds to push slash procs.  They don't have enough damage backing them for the bleed proc to be viable.  I've had a dozen slash procs on an enemy from weapons like these and their health barely moves while they tick down.  If you cheese the test with some of these weapons and use really weak enemies to build stacks on arcanes and galv mods first, the weapons listed can kill reliably, but even under ideal test conditions they bleed those arcane stacks down rather than maintain them because they kill too slow.

They work really, really well in non-sp, non-endurance content.  They don't scale though.

You misunderstand, the MK1 Braton linked in OP already kills armored enemies very very slowly. The small amount of Slash from Hunter Munitions can only help.

Read the OP:

1 hour ago, Aguzo said:

I can kill some enemies, but the heavily armored ones take a bit longer,

So what do you do for heavily armored ones? You use a game mechanic that bypasses armor.

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

You misunderstand, the MK1 Braton linked in OP already kills armored enemies very very slowly. The small amount of Slash from Hunter Munitions can only help.

Read the OP:

So what do you do for heavily armored ones? You use a game mechanic that bypasses armor.

I tried the slash build, but it definitely takes even longer to kill, even with the 24% crit chance, probably partly due to the low damage.

This build seems to move the health bars the most. Removed the crit mods, and focused more on dmg. Still testing rn though

2fmcxCe.png

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Muttz v2 said:

The stug is a better weapon than the mk1. Although it has 0% status chance it regularly procs corrosive and has AoE even in unmodded form. I personally think it's underrated, or at least not as bad as people think, and the rivens for it are hella strong

The Stug doesn't have 0% Status Chance.... Basically that 0% is referring to the Blob sticking on to Enemies.... It actually has an Unlisted Status Chance on the Wiki when those Blobs Explode. Apparently it's 10%... Which is still painfully Low....

11 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

I tried the slash build, but it definitely takes even longer to kill, even with the 24% crit chance, probably partly due to the low damage.

This build seems to move the health bars the most. Removed the crit mods, and focused more on dmg. Still testing rn though

2fmcxCe.png

That is definitely interesting.... Well.... I can't be bothered to test this myself so il take your word for it 😝

31 minutes ago, nslay said:

Read the OP:

No, I'm not misunderstanding.  You're saying that it will be better DPS.  Yes, I agree.  However I am saying that the better DPS will still not be enough because the weapon will never be viable on its own because even slash procs from weapons like this don't do much.  

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

The Stug doesn't have 0% Status Chance.... Basically that 0% is referring to the Blob sticking on to Enemies.... It actually has an Unlisted Status Chance on the Wiki when those Blobs Explode. Apparently it's 10%... Which is still painfully Low....

It may of been worded incorrectly but i would of thought it was painfully obvious what i was referring to. That being the fact that it is listed as 0% status and nowhere in game is it said to have any status chance but as it does proc status then it does have some, which is not for the whole part common knowledge. 

Get picky if you want but your post added nothing to mk1 braton thread we are in.

Archived