Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

any fun sp builds ?

_Anise_

Question

my original steelpath was nezah and taking a lot of the flak but now goto has been protea with gloom, its very sustainable and outside dumb crap like randomly getting double hooked never dies and dispenser means also never runs out of energy,

looking to changing it up and just wondering if anyone has any fun steelpath helminth/warframe builds ?

14 answers to this question

Well fun in Warframe being subjective and all... for myself, builds I have a lot of fun with are... 

- Nidus on solo Steel Ptah Survivals. Especially with a Stropha or Redeemer. Or any sort of melee combo into a Heavy attack build. Or certain Primary weapons with niche charge mechanics. Steel Path gives you multiplayer spawns, which I think technically is supposed to make it harder, but your Nidus, so it just lets you build your stacks faster, plus you can slworph them all up into your Larvae, build combo fast, heavy attack etc. Weapons that might have a bit of slow charge with a small AOE can be so fun firing into your clumped up enemies. Plus with link health, your pet should be as unkillable, especially with the mod that heals them with melee. 

- Wisp. Memeing with trying to get as much power strength as possible, so your Health/Health Regen and Speed/Haste is stupid high. It just breaks (in the good way) certain weapons. Thing melee that is powerful but is "balanced" by being slow... not anymore. So many guns that are already fun become even more fun, some guns that aren't that fun, now become fun. In MP, you'll also often get randoms asking for your build as well, because they might be more used to "healthily balanced all rounder Wisp builds" that value stuff like range and duration and survivability... pfft. 

- Ivara with Concentrated Arrow and Ensnare builds are also quite fun, low risk, high reward. If you like to play at a slower more methodical pace that rewards head shots, but you also necessarily don't have the fast reflexes for heat shots, this is a really nice combo, especially with the uh Internal Bleeding mod. I would say its good to use a Bane mod though too, but you can go a while in Steel Path with it, get in lots of headshots, deal with Acolytes easy, steal stuff as well. 

- Zephyr. Mag. Sort of similar to Nidus as well, but their version of succing in/up enemies have unique methods of enhanced the weapons you fire into them, to devastating effect. So you get to experiment with a bunch of different weapons to see what can best take advantage of such mechanics. Popular examples for Mag are the Tenet Arca Plasma, and for Zephyr Trumna, but both also have more niche and interesting builds, that are fun to investigate and explore, if you get bored with more uniform "meta" builds.

Fun you say... like confuzzled has said, fun is subjective, so I'll recommend some setups for you to try, if you can:

• Status Overload Lavos, basically you carry Lavos + Cedo and a Kubrow-type pet all equipped with the Mecha mod set, kill a marked enemy to spread all the status to all the fools within 30 meters of that target, and make use of your 4th which gets +200% damage per status on the enemy. Highly fun, moreover with all particles set to high so your PC becomes an oven. [Highly recommended to turn particles down for this one]

• (Pretty much) Immortal Titan Atlas, using subsumed Larva to group enemies and also Mecha mods, you can get stupid high amounts of armour + keep your rubble up all the time. The damage is there too, but mostly depends on your stat stick, as per usual.

• Holy Crits of festering weapons Harrow. Basically Harrow, using Zymos and Sporothrix which happen to have really good crit multipliers but awful crit chance.
    With him, hitting red-orange crits is common so your damage is big bonk.

• Deimos Arcanes + Mecha Set Sevagoth + Kitguns + Parazon (One of my favourite original setups).
    You only need a Sevagoth with 180% power strength, so you can go full Umbral on him. But, you can get an extra 80% power Strength from your kitgun arcane Pax Bolt, and the other 50% with Power Drain on your Parazon. The extra 30% ability efficiency has proven to be really useful for Gloom, and since you have at very least, 4 mod slots in use with the umbral mods + Primed Flow (which I very much recommend as Sevagoth simply sucks stats wise by default so you need to geek him up quite heavily) you can have a bit of free space for the rest. Albeit one of the mods needs to be the Mecha one, both on aura and actual mod grid. They can be equipped too on the Shadow and they work! At least the armour one does... The gameplay with this mod setup is slow, but active, so you don't get bored easily.

• I had a "Beatmaster Khora" using both the Helminth Charger and Venari but since Venari is bugged and Tek mods set bonus does not work with it, and the Helminth Charger is bugged still and cannot equip the Mecha set, this setup had to be scrapped until fixing. Then it will be awesome, but requires of a lot of mods.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

Maybe it's a sign to take up those Galvanized mods?

Pretty Sure that would only make my experience worse...

1 hour ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

I'm only having fun at SP nowadays, everything else is too easy...

Easy content is best content for Experimenting...

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Then you're doing it wrong... 😝

...is it wrong being too powerful..?😅😅

Seriously, tho. A SP build needs to be tested in SP enviroment..

It's kinda irrelevant to test your fully modded (lets say 7+ forma) + rivened weapon on a bunch of lvl20 enemies.. 

I wish DE adds SP modifiers to the simulacrum...

Fun on SP- you'd have to define your idea of "fun":

• just see how long you can go? (not sure this can be classified as fun as its pretty easy beat up to level cap  enemies. The challenge is not getting health issues from sitting so long or carpal tunnel.)
  • face tank lots of damage?
  • super evasive glass canon?
  • solo? team play?

and I agree with @(PSN)Luke_Zakalwe simulcrum needs a SP modifier.  Or if you are legendary rank, remove enemy cap  rather than limiting it to 185 whatever low level it is.  Or a setting to keep auto-spawning enemies when you cleared the 20 you placed so you don't have to dash back to the terminal before the buffs you are trying to test run out.

I think you need to be a bit more specific then just SP since survival plays very differently to defense to mobile defense etc. especially once you are into steel path territory with the enemy spawns and level.

I personal go-to is a Mirage built for strength and duration yielding the kuva bramma. The doppelgangers combined with a boosted eclipse should be enough to deal significant damage to anything in your path. You will have to put in knockdown resistance into your build though if you do this. Works very well for me for a fun playstyle for clearing out the SP incursions.

I like my strength & duration Wukong Prime build. Mostly using Roar from the Helminth, but running Arcane Arachne lets me change that up and still keep enough of a damage bump from a quick wall latch to charge up the Galvanized Mods on Vermisplicer. I swap out the second Arcane depending on what I run for melee, but it's usually Strike or Fury.

It's a bit of a tank, between the Umbral set, Defy, Adaptation, and Rapid Resilience. Or at least, it's pretty rare to get one-shotted enough times to use up the passive, Not as invincible as some other builds out there, but I kind of like that about it. And for sure, I like being able to zip around in cloud mode. Celestial Twin is mainly just a mobile decoy for me in SP, but does well in that role. Particularly against Acolytes.

Edit: I also just pulled Excalibur, Braton, Lato, Skana out of retirement to mess around with and try my hand at turning this "first week of Warframe" gear into a viable Steel Path loadout powered by endgame mods, arcanes, and a kubrow.

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

Or if you are legendary rank, remove enemy cap  rather than limiting it to 185 whatever low level it is. 

...please don't make me camp the Hydron again!! I never cared for levels beyond mr16 (max riven lvl lock) and just leveled casually to play with weapons and frames. But scrambled for 30 when they announced 30 free riven slots!

Now that I'm comfortably here, please don't make me grind for mr again!

ive been having fun with hildryn and a gloom/blazing pillage build .....never run out of "energy".

you get (virtually) permanent 95% slow plus life steal.....spam pillage as much as you like to keep shields topped off.

the best part of this synergy is that...all those enemies draining your shields for gloom are also the enemies you NEED for pillage. so either you have lots of enemies around that you slowed down and are life stealing/pillaging from...or theres none around to worry about...win/win

this build eats acolytes and liches for breakfast...they have no answer for the 95% slow.

pro tip: pair this build with arcane eruption for extra laughs. watching everyone in the room fall over at .05 x speed is hysterical.

Archived