Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What ever happened to sister with armor and hounds with sister ephemera?

Horactius

It's been half a year since sister of parvos update and I still remember it clearly when they first showed it on devstream and from promotional material for the update so I went and looked them up. Sure enough, both Rebb's sister and the hound had an ephemera on them and the post on the site and trailer for the update showed 3 different armor variant for the sister and a hound with presumably gloriana ephemera on.

Source:

Spoiler

a555e4fa0338dbf37d3abfd295654710.jpg

They clearly already made the assets and used them for the promotional material so are ever going to get it and why don't more people talk about it? Is it because it's already too late and most people already moved on from the content including DE? I haven't even finished getting sister ephemera and maxing the weapons yet because I've been waiting for news about this. I wanna have a cool looking full armored sister and I wanna have those ephemera for my companion too.

Interestingly though, I found something that I didn't notice the first time I was saw the trailer when watching it again now. Both sister and hound on gameplay footage showed on the trailer (0:28-0:35) actually doesn't have anything on them like the ones we have right now.

16 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

the kuva lich ephemeras can go on companions, maybe this was an oversight or maybe they just didn't finish it ?

I sure hope that this was just an oversight or that they didn't get to finish it yet but it's been half a year..

11 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Recommend me cute color scheme for her.

The default color is already good tbh and I didn't really experiment much with her color cause I immediately fed her to helminth lol

They're in the same place as similar teased content that may never get released due to DE working on other things (like Garuda receiving new lore*, or an actual pets rework).  They have limited resources, as any developer, and have to prioritize.  Neat visuals on a sister or hound don't matter as much as stability for the game and actual new content.

• According to Devstream 119, there will be more lore and backstory regarding Garuda in the future.

3 minutes ago, Horactius said:

I sure hope that this was just an oversight or that they didn't get to finish it yet but it's been half a year..

The default color is already good tbh and I didn't really experiment much with her color cause I immediately fed her to helminth lol

I cross my fingers for DE to do the wukong magic here and make her not suck. I mean it would be really really easy to make her one of meta picks. Just make range scale on that slash ability and make her one of 5 viable steel path frames/room nukers. She is now rated as the worst frame ingame, overbuffing at least one ability would not be bad idea.

i tend to assume a lot gets put on the back burner. So not necessary never to see the light of day, just not a current priority. Like a Tenet Ferrox was teased as well, which we didn't get, I think I heard that there were issues with it working well with the Sisters, so they had to postpone. Something similar with Tenet Melee weapons, which is why we do have Tenet Melee weapons... but we get them from Glast. 

I do assume we will get more Tenet weapons eventually, hopefully, and maybe when they work on that as a priority, they will also address the Ephemera situation too. 

2 hours ago, Horactius said:

It's been half a year since sister of parvos update and I still remember it clearly when they first showed it on devstream and from promotional material for the update so I went and looked them up. Sure enough, both Rebb's sister and the hound had an ephemera on them and the post on the site and trailer for the update showed 3 different armor variant for the sister and a hound with presumably gloriana ephemera on.

Source:

Hide contents

a555e4fa0338dbf37d3abfd295654710.jpg

They clearly already made the assets and used them for the promotional material so are ever going to get it and why don't more people talk about it? Is it because it's already too late and most people already moved on from the content including DE? I haven't even finished getting sister ephemera and maxing the weapons yet because I've been waiting for news about this. I wanna have a cool looking full armored sister and I wanna have those ephemera for my companion too.

Interestingly though, I found something that I didn't notice the first time I was saw the trailer when watching it again now. Both sister and hound on gameplay footage showed on the trailer (0:28-0:35) actually doesn't have anything on them like the ones we have right now.

Pushing out TNW was their only concern from one point. They stated this multiple times. We're lucky we got the updates we did before it was dropped.

It wouldn't hurt to post in the feedback thread, or bring it up when the first Devstream of 2022 is announced.

Archived