Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Degenerate our weapons... Can you nerf Sisters too please?

_SYNTHDEMON_

Sorry to say this. But the sisters of parvos are lowkey too strong atm.

The strength they have with them is equal to a Floor Boss which you should take down with like 6 persons.

There is no way a beginner player is ever going to be able to enjoy to try 50 minutes to kill a sister, while they're going to die in the end and will have nothing. 

Could barely handle it with my MR25 and tenet melee weapon which is fully ranked out.. forma everything...

Truely think it's unfair towards new players. Since they get no explanation whatshowever how to use mods in the first place.

~ Might be good to introduce an actual tutorial program which shows you how to modify weapons/ frames/pets .

~ Might be good to nerf the Sisters of Parvos on their strength for Lower MR players. this one would only make common sense.

~Infusing a LvL warning before entering the mission.

Those might be good solutions. Hopefully some others have additional idea's or corrections, here/there  

Have a great day!

17 minutes ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

The strength they have with them is equal to a Floor Boss which you should take down with like 6 persons.

There is no way a beginner player is ever going to be able to enjoy to try 50 minutes to kill a sister, while they're going to die in the end and will have nothing. 

Could barely handle it with my MR25 and tenet melee weapon which is fully ranked out.. forma everything...

Truely think it's unfair towards new players. Since they get no explanation whatshowever how to use mods in the first place.

~ Might be good to introduce an actual tutorial program which shows you how to modify weapons/ frames/pets .

~ Might be good to nerf the Sisters of Parvos on their strength for Lower MR players. this one would only make common sense.

~Infusing a LvL warning before entering the mission.

Those might be good solutions. Hopefully some others have additional idea's or corrections, here/there  

Have a great day!

You can't summon a "Larva" to start the entire Lich process until you get to LvL20+ Grineer Planets, nor Sisters until you get to LvL30 Corpus Planets and know you need to use the Granum Void. In other words there's zero chance any New Players will somehow accidentally unleash a Lich/Sister. Your scenario is impossible and as such a solution to it unnecessary.

Ofc, thats if this was actually about New Players at all. 

45 minutes ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

I am a little confused. What level Sister is too hard for you, this is actually pretty vital information. If  a level one Sister is too hard then your gear/modding is the problem.

2 hours ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

It's almost as if the adversary system isn't intended for new players?

1. Nemesis system is end game content definitely NOT meant for beginners 
2. sounds like you are making the typical brute force attempt to dealing with damage attenuation sisters/liches and some enemies like the NOX possess.
There are tons of videos out there but I recommend you watch this to help yourself deal with sisters/liches.

5 hours ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

Gotta disagree with you on that one, friendo! Even at lvl 5, Sisters can be annoying and tanky, but they're not impossible. And can even be a fun fight if you mod everything out properly. They're honestly fine the way they are

13 hours ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

Sorry to say this. But the sisters of parvos are lowkey too strong atm

I also am sorry to have to disagree with this. The Sisters are hard but well worth the effort.

The weapons are interesting and the fights to obtain them are I feel a good balance between playing the game and earning a reward. Liches were a mistake as far as I am concerned. The entry bar was set far to low. We had players barely able to run a third of the starchart suddenly blasting fodder enemies on early game missions with the likes of a Bramma.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-02-20 at 4:31 PM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

You can't summon a "Larva" to start the entire Lich process until you get to LvL20+ Grineer Planets, nor Sisters until you get to LvL30 Corpus Planets and know you need to use the Granum Void. In other words there's zero chance any New Players will somehow accidentally unleash a Lich/Sister. Your scenario is impossible and as such a solution to it unnecessary.

Ofc, thats if this was actually about New Players at all. 

Great! I didn't know this. Well than it should be fine indeed. Should get more into some of those modding tutorials then 

On 2022-02-21 at 6:30 AM, johnno23 said:

Liches were a mistake as far as I am concerned. The entry bar was set far to low.

You can unlock Sisters well before Liches, though. Sisters require the Deadlock protocol (MR 4) and you only need access to Neptune for the appropriate tokens, while Liches require the War Within (MR 5) and that requires getting past the Sedna junction.

7 hours ago, drnlmza said:

You can unlock Sisters well before Liches, though. Sisters require the Deadlock protocol (MR 4) and you only need access to Neptune for the appropriate tokens, while Liches require the War Within (MR 5) and that requires getting past the Sedna junction.

lolwut

fPJqdAJ.png

2 hours ago, QuestWasTaken said:

lolwut

fPJqdAJ.png

OK, my mistake. However, since the Call of Tempestarii can be done before The War Within, it's not as if that raises the barrier for unlocking Sisters compared to Liches in any significant way.

liches were unlocked by a dead easy capture run on low level grineer and the ease with which to get a spawn was so easy. plus you never had any trouble tracking the spawn.

For sisters the process is more complicated plus the chance of being misled even if a sister spawns are added. Chasing the pointer to a sister or another crown holder. The entire process of the sister spawn hunt and takedown are much more inline with learning the gameplay. Liches were just way too simple when 1st given to us. Sisters are not difficult just far better integrated to the gameplay and therefore a nerf would be ludicrous.

20 hours ago, drnlmza said:

You can unlock Sisters well before Liches, though.

You definitely Can Not Do This....

20 hours ago, drnlmza said:

Sisters require the Deadlock protocol (MR 4) and you only need access to Neptune for the appropriate tokens, while Liches require the War Within (MR 5) and that requires getting past the Sedna junction.

Sisters Require you to Specifically Complete The Call Of The Tempestarii Quest.... Which requires you to complete The War Within I think.... And since The War Within is the Requirement For Liches that means you will naturally unlock them First.... 👀

53 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You definitely Can Not Do This....

I've already conceded that error.

53 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Sisters Require you to Specifically Complete The Call Of The Tempestarii Quest.... Which requires you to complete The War Within I think.... And since The War Within is the Requirement For Liches that means you will naturally unlock them First.... 👀

The Call of Tempestrati doesn't require The War Within - it requires a railjack (which requires the Rising Tide & Second Dream if obtained via the quests) and the Deadlock Protocol. The War Within is the gating quest for unlocking nemesis enemies.

Some weapons and elements on Sisters/Liches are nastier to fight than others, like the ones that can throw around rad procs and really mess with you especially if you have a squad. Without the right loadout, running out of ammo can be a real problem, as can having to juggle dealing with mission objectives while fighting the lich (things to defend, life support timers to keep an eye on, etc).

But it's always been possible to overcome them using one of my favourite things in the whole world: cheese. Like I'm MR30 and I wouldn't call myself genuinely good at Warframe, but I do know how to grab Octavia off the shelf and fight my enemies with a damage boosting field on my while invisible with Mr Thumpy (my 2 wearing my 1 as a hat) constantly kicking them in the spleen.

Also, try to carry a weapon that doesn't run out of ammo. For lich hunting, I carry a Rattleguts kitgun with Pax Charge and a riven mod. If you don't have that kind of thing, try a Fulmin, stick a couple forma on it and go for crits. My pet of choice for challenging operations is a Vulpaphyla, because they have mods that make them never really die so that I get to retain the benefits of their mods.

Like I get it, Nemeses can be all kinds of bastard to deal with, but it's doable. If your current loadouts aren't up to the job, take some time to re-tune your gear and try again. A lich can be left on the back burner for a while with minimal penalty, just a little resource loss on one planet. Your nemesis will wait until you are ready to murder the absolute fork out of them.

On 2022-02-20 at 10:10 AM, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

There is no way a beginner player is ever going to be able to enjoy...

im gonna have to stop you right there.

liches arent meant to be played by beginner players. if youre having trouble with them...maybe level up a bit and try again later?

I don't agree with OP, new players should not be hunting Sisters anyway, but I do think they can be a bit too much at times. In my experience Sisters can be weirdly tanky sometimes, I say weirdly because it's inconsistent and does not always seem to correlate to the Sister's level. I have also had final confrontations with Sisters where I would get downed in situations where I absolutely should not have been downed. Full health/shields and suddenly I'm dead from seemingly nothing at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived