Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why equinox does not work anymore for exp weapons and warframe

(PSN)CSFMA31

Question

8 answers to this question

What energy color do you have or form are you on? Day or night?

Equinox can either sleep enemies or make them more vulnerable to damage. At least I have made the mistake multiple times of having a light energy color defaulting to day form instead of night.

Sleepquinox is my way to play her and can guarantee you it works.

Couple things:-

1 ) Are you trying to use it without being near a target? If aiming it near enemies it makes an audio cue and the enemies catch some z's, if not it makes a sort of ssshoooo sound to me indicating no targets nearby.

2 ) Are enemies alerted, you run out of sleep, enemy wakes and starts firing? Trick is to cast before they see her so enemies wake up calm even if you murderised the others in their squad. To fix make sure she has as much Duration as possible.

3 ) Emissive color. I'm unsure which swatch does this but pick her a color, say white; notice the icon beside the word? That means on mission spawning she will default to Day Form, Sleepquinox requires Night. Set it to black for test, notice icon change? That means she will default to Night on mission start which you want for Sleep off the bat.

4 ) Range. Range affects the area of Sleep and is essential to putting squads to snooze cruises compared to barely two or three needing multicasts. Sleepquinoxes like mine will have as much range, duration and energy as we can to maximise the effective sleep range and time. I use her for all my weapon ranking as sleeping enemies if not alerted before, award Stealth kill affinity bonuses.

5 ) Leaving enemies too long. Duration-related but here's how it works- Cast Sleep, enemies stand with heads lowered and guns down. If you leave them a couple of seconds, some will sink to the floor and lie down. I know some players look only across left or right never up or down so miss them and once effect ends; they get back up and resume their state pre-cast. Always check you got everybody each time and use the fast cast (on console if you press the top Right button on PS4 it's R1 on Xbox RB it casts your last ability for you) if anyone so much as stirs to put them back to sleep then count to two for stealth kill affinity bonus.

I've noticed that if my Dethcube attacks with its Helstrum, that it changes slept unalerted targets to alerted a fair amount.  Its weapon is built for status procs and minimal damage, so it's not exceeding Rest's health threshold.

I've only just started playing Equinox a lot, so I haven't used other companions/companion weapons to say whether it's a larger problem than that specific combo.  I do know it's not radiation specific.

3 hours ago, (PSN)CSFMA31 said:

I have been playing warframe for 6 years, I see a change on adaro with equinox. the enemies are alerted before they see me 

Are you playing on a regular Adaro or a Nightmare mission? Nightmare/Sortie Exterminate and some Sabotage missions will start the enemies on alert.

If you are killing them with non melee stealth finishers just as they spawned in, enemies will not give you any Stealth Affinity Bonus. Keep an eye on their alert status via the minimap if you have any form of Enemy Radar:

• Hollow Red Arrow: Unalerted
  • Semi-Filled Red Arrow: Cautious
  • Full Red Arrow: Alerted and Hostile

If there are any enemies in the latter two states, I advise using your Operator to get rid of them.

Finally with Equinox's Rest, make sure you aren't standing in front of them while they're waking up if you're not dealing enough damage. They will still "see" you as result. 

10 hours ago, (PSN)CSFMA31 said:

I have been playing warframe for 6 years, I see a change on adaro with equinox. the enemies are alerted before they see me 

Naturally if one Enemy sees you then he's going to Tell all his Friends Telepathically....

You need to Put them to Sleep before they can even see you....

The Augment can help with this...

Calm&Frenzy2.png

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Naturally if one Enemy sees you then he's going to Tell all his Friends Telepathically....

You need to Put them to Sleep before they can even see you....

The Augment can help with this...

Calm&Frenzy2.png

I have no troubles grabbing groups easily of seven say when they gather, so can't say whether the Aug is helpful or not but if OP has it I doubt it would hurt any. Only thing if OP has a bug say, presuming they are using dark Emissive and/ or not used Metamorphosis to turn Night to Day; the issue is enemies are alerted so the Aug would compound that issue as it would now set the whole base into lockdown. Normal operation state Sleepquinox or the Solar Flare poster above I could see it's practical use.

Archived