Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voidshell skin PER Frame instead of buying just the skin.

UdsUds

1. Option to retexturize TENNOGEN
  2. Option to retexturize Prime Frame
  3. Option to retexturize Base Frame
  4. Option to retexturize Other SKIN, eg. Kubrow,Kavat,Sentinel...

• Unlock by spending platinum on a "frame or pet"... if you have lets say: you have BASE Saryn & Prime Saryn you have to spend twice the plats .. instead of just buying 1 skin for both. 
  • Unlock as reward for "NEW CONTENT" incentivizing the grind, I'm pretty sure many players will like this.
  • Prime frame availability for Voidshell can be paired along the Unvaulting, so no Rush or work load.

JUST MY IDEA, as I am really disappointed that the released of Voidshell skins are unlocked not to the frames Prime Variant / Tennogen Variant / Base Variant but only to its own category alone.

1. Tennogen probably wouldn't be retexturable even if everything esle was, because those skins are made by creators, not DE, and I imagine there'd be a whole debate about whether or not creators would give permission to essentially redo their entire skin that they worked on. it took a while to figure out just how to get it on console (but thank god they did).

2. this would be fine, as I understand it Voidshell skins don't work with Primed details on?

3. that's basically what the Voidshell skins are, being able to just buy straight up textures for them would be nice, but it'd be a lot less money for DE than making you buy a specific skin that you can then retexture. going forward I think the best we could hope for is that each update gives one or two Voidshell skins, so that over time, more frames are included in the new "textureframe" endgame lol. at the very least, the other 5 of the remaining 8 OG frames (Frost, Ember, Trinity, Mag and Excalibur) should get a Voidshell skin first, then keep adding them for frames after that. nice as it would be for them to go back and apply retexturing to existing skins, it's a lot of work for very little payoff.

4. that is a logical next step: personally I'd also be open to Voidshell weapon skins, though it would probably be far easier to just make a new generic universal Primary/secondary weapon skin that you can apply Voidshell textures to. goign back through every one of our weapons to retexture them is just unfeasible. 

DE are still finding their way with this voidshell thing: either they'll expand upon it further, or they'll just leave it and forget about it. time will tell.

1 hour ago, UdsUds said:

you have BASE Saryn & Prime Saryn

Then you're just waiting for the subsume timer to expire so you can feed OG Warcrimes-chan to the helminth.

(There is very little reason to keep the base frame once you have the prime.)

On 2022-05-14 at 4:42 PM, Corvid said:

DE have already explained that allowing retexturing on existing skins would essentially require remaking them from the ground up.

They do?? ouch, I was hoping it will be easy and not from the ground up.. 

On 2022-05-14 at 4:46 PM, (PSN)max141064 said:

you can't force artists to bastardize their art because of you wanting to change textures. 

Not exactly "bastardize" as the base look and form mostly helmets will still look the same rather the texture. ALSO maybe it will boost some of the sale value for tennogen, which is a good incentive for the creators not to agree?

On 2022-05-13 at 9:09 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

2. this would be fine, as I understand it Voidshell skins don't work with Primed details on?

from what I've read from the feedbacks of others, the prime detail cant be triggered "ON"

Voidshell skins have to be made from scratch. DE can't flip a toggle and instantly let them change the textures, they have to basically redo the whole skin. While it would be nice to see all skins use the Voidshell tech going forward, it is a bit ridiculous to ask DE to remake every skin in the game, especially so for asking them to remake skins they didn't even make (Tennogen).

14 hours ago, UdsUds said:

Not exactly "bastardize" as the base look and form mostly helmets will still look the same rather the texture. ALSO maybe it will boost some of the sale value for tennogen, which is a good incentive for the creators not to agree?

would you go to Van Gogh and tell him "hum...i think that if changed the texture of Starry night you will probably sell it even more!" no, i don't agree. 

if DE will want to put in this chance i'd rather prefere Tennogen artists to know and purposely "click" on a "Make it Voidshell" option than take every concept that there is in game and making it ruin it by the playerbase.

22 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

if DE will want to put in this chance i'd rather prefere Tennogen artists to know and purposely "click" on a "Make it Voidshell" option than take every concept that there is in game and making it ruin it by the playerbase.

These is way better from my idea or the way I constructed my words.

Archived