Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora Prime...... What is the delay? Does DE follow ANY kind of release pattern?

Breezer88

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

without a reference for it, no, I can't. Did you use the wrong names or did Khora get released before Garuda? I don't actually know.

Sorry you haven’t played the game for the past three months and don’t know that Garuda Prime is already out. Mb I thought that people on the Warframe forums played the game, or at the very least kept mildly in touch with it.

39 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

without a reference for it, no, I can't. Did you use the wrong names or did Khora get released before Garuda? I don't actually know.

Normal non variations of the Warframes, yes Khora was released before Garuda. Now with the Prime versions, Garuda Prime has been released before Khora Prime. 

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Sorry you haven’t played the game for the past three months and don’t know that Garuda Prime is already out. Mb I thought that people on the Warframe forums played the game, or at the very least kept mildly in touch with it.

The other user was probably referring to the original Warframes release order between Garuda and Khora. I was a bit confused by their question as well, because I thought your statement was straight forward in meaning. Perhaps they gave too much importance to the order of your listing and assumed you inferred non-Prime plain vanilla Garuda came first. So its just a small misunderstanding. 

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

was the tone of this really necessary?

On 2022-07-12 at 12:59 AM, Battle.Mage said:

well, no idea. but they released many warframes with low damage + low survivability. so its like only mastery fodder.

khora is not the best atm. she has only 2 builds atm. damage with no los and strange cc. for cc as defender limbo is SUPERIOR. and for cc with loot she is bad too. nekros with max range is SUPERIOR here.

and if i wanted to much damage than i would take aoe weapon. and even valkyr deal 3-6 MILLION crits with her secondary mele skill.

so i have no hopes for khora prime. she is very hard to get without plat (or even impossible). and she is nothing special!

What GIF

On 2022-07-12 at 5:57 PM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

It was effectively release order until 2019, when DE realized that putting the more popular of the FF/MM pair during Tennocon would feed the hype and boost sales all the higher.

Incorrect. The release order for Primes has been malleable for long before that point.

2019 is when they started releasing Prime frames at TennoCon, but before then the winter slot was the one where popular warframes were slotted (because of Christmas sales and whatnot). In 2017, Mirage Prime was moved up to the winter slot, bumping ahead of Zephyr Prime (who had not received a rework and was one of the joke frames at the time). In 2016, Valkyr Prime was released ahead of Banshee Prime for the winter slot. Prior to 2016, the data are less useful because not all the early frames had been Primed and so the Priming order didn't really follow a pattern. But the release order for Primes has always been subject to change (outside the MM/FF rotation, which as I noted earlier has been rather strictly adhered to).

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

was the tone of this really necessary?

No, the tone was not necessary. Not everyone knows exactly where to find specific information. You can check out this easy to read chart on the wiki to verify the release order/dates for yourself. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Warframes_Comparison/Release_Dates#Original_

15 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

2019 is when they started releasing Prime frames at TennoCon, but before then the winter slot was the one where popular warframes were slotted

This is how I remember their marketing strategy too. I've only been playing since April/May 2018, but I remember a little about it.

I think there is some community confusion (not only WayOfWisdom) because several things happened simultaneously in/around Q3 of 2019. Wukong was reworked (lots of salt(not by me)), and instead of releasing the anticipated Atlas Prime, DE released Wukong Prime just a few weeks later, and DE announced that they would change how Prime Vaulted/Unvaulted pairs would be selected.

All this to say that how we subjectively remember 2019 can vary wildly.

(I had to dig up evidence for changes to Unvaulting)
We’ll be making the following changes based on feedback to future Prime Vaults:

1. We are ending the current Nyx & Rhino Prime Vault earlier than normal to make way for a brand new one. The new end date for this Vault is September 3rd instead of September 17th, with a new Vault launching right after. 

2. Future Prime Vaults are being viewed by a few different factors to decide: have they ever been unvaulted and what data can we use (such as ownership, etc) to support the next rounds?

I just noticed the comment about Khora being the Carpal Tunnel/RSI warframe and I wanted to dispute that. There is nothing to stop PC players from changing the keyboard hotkeys for abilities and/or adding the Use Last Ability hotkey to a comfortable place on their keyboard or mouse. On controllers there is nothing easier than tapping the R1 shoulder button to activate Use Last Ability (system default). There is a responsibility on the player to not play in such a way (and without any action to mitigate) where they injure themselves.

(starts searching for class action lawsuits on Warframe related injuries) /s

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

No, the tone was not necessary. Not everyone knows exactly where to find specific information. You can check out this easy to read chart on the wiki to verify the release order/dates for yourself. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Warframes_Comparison/Release_Dates#Original_

you must have me confused, I wasn't the one the person who posted the nasty comment was quoting. It was just really not conducive to production discussion.

24 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

you must have me confused, I wasn't the one the person who posted the nasty comment was quoting. It was just really not conducive to production discussion.

I am pretty sure LillyRaccune was showing supportiveness towards you. I believe they were implying the other users hostility towards you was unwarranted. So a kind of reassurance. Engage and reassure the person receiving hostility than engaging the person being hostile. 

I could be wrong though. Either way I agree with you, and was probably just (another) misunderstanding. 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I am pretty sure LillyRaccune was showing supportiveness towards you. I believe they were implying the other users hostility towards you was unwarranted. So a kind of reassurance. Engage and reassure the person receiving hostility than engaging the person being hostile. 

I could be wrong though. Either way I agree with you, and was probably just (another) misunderstanding. 

oh I misread that. It read for me like they were responding to the person I responded too. My bad.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

It was effectively release order until 2019, 

Incorrect.

Mirage Prime "ahead" of Zephyr Prime was not 2019.

Valkyr Prime "ahead" of Banshee Prime was not in 2019.

Frost Prime "ahead" of Loki Prime, Rhino Prime, and Ash Prime was not in 2019.

Prime releases are best seen as a pair, with each member within a pair being eligible for release in any order. Yes, the more popular one of the pair tends to be saved for Tennocon or the holiday season. No, that doesn't mean it's "skipping ahead" if it is established to be happening from the very beginning if we take Frost Prime into account.

Edit: Beaten by @GrayArchon

3 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Frost Prime "ahead" of Loki Prime, Rhino Prime, and Ash Prime was not in 2019.

Prime releases are best seen as a pair, with each member within a pair being eligible for release in any order. Yes, the more popular one of the pair tends to be saved for Tennocon or the holiday season. No, that doesn't mean it's "skipping ahead" if it is established to be happening from the very beginning if we take Frost Prime into account.

Frost doesn't really count. He was the second PA. Game was what, half a year old at that point?

Mirage and Valkyr could be seen as just exceptions. 2019 is when it was cemented that popularity took priory.

32 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

No, that doesn't mean it's "skipping ahead"

Feels like this is directed at someones else?

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Frost doesn't really count. He was the second PA. Game was what, half a year old at that point?

Doesn't matter. He skipped ahead of Loki, Ash and Rhino who were part of the original roster of 8 frames while Frost was added months later to the game yet Frost Prime arrived frist. That was the very first precedent and you don't get to ignore it and gaslight to make a point.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Wow this constitutes gaslighting? I'm not ignoring Frost, I'm asserting that the game was still in its infancy and that he was a weird one off.

Yes it does. Frost was not in the original 8. Trying to make a distinction about the game's infancy without acknowledging Loki, Ash, and Rhino were there first is gaslighting. It's revisionist history to pretend otherwise as it boils down to "But Blue shade 21 is totally different from blue shade 22".  

Frost Prime skipped ahead. A precedent was set that very same day as a possibility to consider forever after.

6 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

6 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

5 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

oh I misread that. It read for me like they were responding to the person I responded too. My bad.

My bad too. I wasn't tracking the names properly. I didn't mean to offend you by suggesting you read the wiki. Ultimately I was just trying to be supportive like Confuzzled said.

I don't usually reply directly to agressors if someone has already called them out. (My cats have taught me that some personalities love negative attention.) As senpai Confuzzled said: "Engage and reassure the person receiving hostility than engaging the person being hostile."

On a separate note, some players are resistant to view game wikis unless they can see an obvious benefit to reading them. (I personally refused to look at the warframe wiki for a year when I started.) So that is why I posted the link.

On 2022-07-12 at 3:17 AM, chacachaca13 said:

If my memory serves me correctly, didn't Inaros Prime come out a few days before TennoCon last year? Because like last year, the two male frames were switched. Nezha was "supposed" to be released before Inaros and here we are a year later and Presto-Repeato, Garuda was released before Khora. However, Garuda is at or now past her 90-day release window and no word about Khora Prime. 

What does 90 days have to do with it?

2 of the last 5 years we only had 3 primes released.

Garuda was released first because good buisness sense says do it whilst your doing the garuda rework.

Also, current Prime access ends the day of tennocon.

Would it not make sense to leave your playerbase in suspense to generate more hype for your games biggest event?

Would it not draw more attention, searches and forum chatter if Khora P comes out during tennocon when alot of players only return to the game with new content/primes.

Would that not inflate DEs statistics for tennocon so it looks better to the gaming press.

Does that make enough sense from a buisness perspective.

The people complaining about khoras delay are actually bringing more attention to warframe.

Why would DE want to stop that just before a huge publicity period for them.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Mirage and Valkyr could be seen as just exceptions. 2019 is when it was cemented that popularity took priory.

I agree with you that we can't draw many conclusions from Frost Prime. In the early years the Prime schedule jumped around a lot. Trinity Prime was the last of the original 8 frames to be Primed, coming after Frost Prime, Nyx Prime, and Nova Prime. But I disagree with your second line. Mirage and Valkyr aren't exceptions, because you can clearly see the logic (pushing popular frames to winter to take advantage of holiday sales) and because it happened twice in a row. If anything, Mirage Prime "cemented" the trend in 2017. The only reason it didn't happen again in 2018 is because Mesa Prime was next in line already and they just popped her into the winter slot without moving anything around, but rest assured, they would have if they needed to (since Mesa is a very popular frame). The TennoCon slot should really be seen as a continuation of DE's activities that they had already established with the winter releases.

Archived